Dr. Michael G. Dempsey

Grad. Year: 1977

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:N

Profile updated 04/04/14    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 4 reviews. Dr. Michael G. Dempsey has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Pain Mgmt / Physical Rehab-related: pain relief, physical rehabilitation, stroke recovery, accident recovery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

22/08/13 SYSTEM: City changed from "BETHLEHEM" to "Saylorsburg"
RID: 2704458

09/07/13 1 1 1 1 Like many pain management dr.s. Dr. Dempsey is unethical in that he gives a friend of mine 180 pain pills a month. He gives him 180 15 mg oxycodone, which he sells and makes over $2000.In the meantime, my friend, Dr. Dempsey's patient is out getting high off of heroin and crack.... using the $ he gets from selling the pills... I am a health care practioner & I find this absolutely egregious. This patient of Dr. Dempsey doesn't make him go to physical therapy. All my "friend" has to do is go to his monthly appt. and get his drugs and poison the street with them. It's because of negligent physicians like Dr. Dempsey that kids are able to get a hold of pain pills and why the epidemic of pill addiction exists today. These are not street drugs. They need a physicians rx in order to be obtained. Keep writing scripts for 180 pills for your patients, Dr. Dempsey and one day someone is going to overdose!!!!!!
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 2648164
14/05/13 4 5 5 5 I have been a patient of Dr. Dempsey's for at least 15 years. I have taken both my parents to see him and recommended him to at least five friends. Everyone has been very well satisfied with him. In one case he changed a 10 year old diagnosis and that made a huge improvement to my friend's well being. In treating my parents he knew exactly how to deal with the elderly, not an easy task. He is direct, honest, and quite knowledgeable.
Insurance: HIP
RID: 2589250
19/03/13 4 5 3 4 I strongly disliked Dr.Dempsey.He was very rude and did not seem like he wanted to be there and rushed me through the appointment. When i would try to explain my answers and my reasoning behind my answers he would stop me and say its a yes or no answer. I was very disappointed and I am not going back.  Respond
RID: 1082606
18/01/10 5 5 5 5 I have been a patient of Dr. Dempsey for 15 years. I have referred many people to him who have thanked me with glowing comments. Dr. Dempsey has a gentle, caring manner, is extremely knowledgeable and keeps up with the latest research. He really listens and is concerned about my well being. Most importantly, he finds a resolution to my problem. I highly recommend him.
Insurance: Oxford