Rate Dr. David R. SCHARF

Dr. David R. SCHARF's Ratings

I was very impressed by the knowledge, care, and professionalism I received as a patient at Dr. Scharf's office. Being a dental professional, I had high expectations which were exceeded. The entire staff including Dr. Scharf, Ayla the hygienist, and the entire staff were very welcoming and answered all of my questions and concerns. This was the best exam and cleaning that I have ever had and I would highly recommend anyone to his office for care.

Submitted June 21, 2014 | flag

My experience in Dr. Scharf's office was stellar. I was greeted warmly by name by the ladies at the front desk, seen on time, and had a thorough examination before having my specific needs explained to me in depth. Dr Scharf is well informed of all possible treatment options and offered me the full pro and con list of each option. I needed a single dental implant to replace a tooth I was born without. The implant procedure is the easiest dental procedure I've ever had. Dr Scharf and his staff made sure I was comfortable throughout. They even gave me ice cream after the implant was placed. I can't rate them highly enough. I continue to have my hygiene appointments in Dr. Scharf's office. Both hygienists, Jamie & Ayla are fantastic and make sure the patient understands what is happening with their oral health. I enjoy going to the dentist again, thanks to dr. Scharf and his wonderful staff.

Submitted June 20, 2014 | flag

Dr. Scharf has been my periodontist since the 1990s. His attention to my periodontal and other oral issues has always been of the highest caliber. The procedures performed have all been flawless . I follow up with regular cleanings at his office. During these visits Dr. Scharf and his staff always make me feel confident that they are interested in my dental welfare. I can think of no comparable service or care that I receive from any other medical or dental professional with whom I deal.

Submitted June 10, 2014 | flag

I went to Dr. Scharf to have my gum disease treated. I was mailed a lot of information before the appointment. I found it very informative and helpful. My experience in his office was very positive. His receptionist Donna greeted me by name with a big friendly hello. I was seen right on time most appointments. Dr. Scharf met me in in his office and we spoke for 20 minutes or so before he examined my mouth. It was without a doubt the most thorough exam I had ever had. We had another visit where he told me what my options are. I could have done either gum surgery or the laser treatment. He told me the pluses and minuses of each option and I chose the laser option. There was a little pain after the novocaine wore off but that was all. He adjusted my bite and made me a night guard as part of the treatment. My bite feels great. My gums don't bleed anymore and my bad breath is gone. I feel Dr. Scharf and his staff cared about me and getting me the best result possible.

Submitted Sept. 15, 2013 | flag

I went to Dr. Scharf for a consultation as to the viability of an implant He told me that a bone graft was necessary in order to place the implant. I specifically asked Dr. Scharf if the bone graft would affect the adjacent teeth and he replied that it would not. Based on his assurances, I decided to go ahead with the bone graft procedure. After the bone graft, I noticed the two adjacent teeth had become significantly mobile. My incisor located to the left of the missing tooth also shifted position significantly creating a total space between my remaining front incisors almost 40% greater than the original space. My sole option of treatment now consists of bonding the adjoining teeth along with placement of the implant crown. The bone graft procedure perfomed by Dr. Schaf has resulted in severe damage to my dental health and quality of life, as well as in great financial expense.

Submitted Sept. 4, 2013 | flag

After getting my periodontal disease treated with his laser, this Dr. Scharf planed cusps off of my molars so as to improve my bight which had no problems. He did not explain in detail what he was doing, he said not to worry. I saw my teeth dust going into the air. I should have stopped him right there. I did not know about these cusps until I spoke to an oral surgeon about the situation and of course once they are grinded off you can't get them back. I have three problems now that I did not have before he did the grinding. When I eat hard foods my lower jaw kicks off to one side or the other. My molars are sharp and cut into my cheeks. When I eat fruit my teeth screech or skip. I am extreemly unhappy. Dr. Scharf is obsessed with this occlusal planing. My beautiful teeth are now ugly and have a u shaped cross section down the middle of the molars. He thinks I I am unreasonable, but the bottom line is that he cannot or did not learn from his patients. He will bully you.

Submitted June 4, 2011 | flag