Dr. David W. Moser

Rate Dr. David W. Moser

Dr. David W. Moser's Ratings

My child has been a patient of Dr. Moser for nearly a year and we are very happy with the care she has received. Her disease is somewhat rare, but Dr. Moser diagnosed her quickly and started treatment as soon as possible. I appreciate how thorough he is, how he continually researches, and how he answers all of our questions. I absolutely recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2566961].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 7, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2496834].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 14, 2014

We came to Dr. Moser on 1/8/13 after our 17 year old daughter became very ill and with a severe rash and limited mobility. Dr. Moser did a thorough exam on her to be able to properly diagnose her. He was very knowledgeable, friendly, polite, professional and patient. He took the time to explain what was happening with our daughter and put us at ease, he went and got the dermatologist next door to look at her rash as she was diagnosed with dermatomyositis. My daughter has been under his care for over a year and he was able to develop a treatment plan for her and she is consider to be in medical remission and will be leaving for college this fall. Dr. Moser and his staff have been nothing but professional and a big part of our lives. We were blessed to have found Dr. Moser.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2492077].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2014

TERRIFIC!! Dr. Moser has been my doctor for over a year. he diagnosed me with dermatomyositis when I was 17. I was seen in the ER at Dell Children's originally when my symptoms became severe. The ER doctor that saw me immediately contacted Dr. Moser to see what actions he wanted to take. After that weekend at the ER I was seen in Dr. Mosers' clinic; the staff was extremely helpful in making my parents and I feel welcome and answering all questions! Once seen by Dr. Moser he did a thorough evaluation and assessment of my current state of being and my symptoms, he informed my parents of what he suspected I was ill with, but would confirm once my lab results had come back. He informed my parents and I of the course of treatment that would be taken, and did not hesitate to advise that I spend a few nights in the hospital for treatment and precaution. Dr. Moser ordered all necessary tests and labs to confirm my disease and then took the next steps in prescribing the adequate medications and informing my family and I of all information and answered our questions thoroughly. After seeing Dr. Moser, our family and me especially were more at ease with my diagnosis and felt that we were in good hands. Again I am now 18 and have been under Dr. Mosers care for over a year and I am proud and blessed to say I am in Medical Remission. I believe that outcome speaks for itself when it comes to what kind of doctor Dr. Moser is. Dr. Moser has been a blessing for me and I couldn't be here, healthy, without all his help and care. He and his staff are wonderful and caring people; you'd be missing out on great healthcare if you didn't pick them for all you and your child's needs!! :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2492025].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2014

we have been seeing Dr. Moser now for quite sometime now and he said my son had Arthritis and i asked him how sure he was and he said well he has symptoms of it no test were done just him guessing. i got a second opinion and they did tests and i chose to stay with the new dr. i may have to drive 300 miles there but its worth it to save my son from taking things he doesn't have too. I'm glad i took my son else where. Dr. Moser not friendly at all nor thorough about my son conditions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2258361].votes_count ]]

Submitted July 17, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2258360].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 1, 2014

Dr. Moser is professional, polite (stern but polite), always on time. My daughter was diagnosed with Lupus over a year ago. We have seen Dr. Moser monthly for over a year and have never had to wait to be seen beyond our appointment time. During the 1st few months we often contacted him regarding issues she may be having and either Dr. Moser or his staff contacted us very timely. Dr. Moser has educated my daughter on her disease and made sure she understood it was her disease and she needed to manage it. I feel very confident in the care that he has provided and he is one of several specialists she sees. I love how they work as a team and feel confident with Dr. Moser.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][244328].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 22, 2014

Not impressed in the least with his uncaring attitude and bland affect bedside manner. He's working in Peds Rheumatology yet is very gruff when working with his patient. We came in desperately seeking help and came away very disappointed. Too bad this is the only Rheumatology center that will see children otherwise I would definitely go elsewhere.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][244327].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 31, 2014

When my daughter's pediatrician said that my daughter should be seen right away because of a rash she developed that he felt could be caused by one of her RA medications, Dr. Moser had no sense of urgency about this. I spoke with Dr. Moser's nurse on a Tuesday, after seeing my child's pediatrician, and I believed I already had an appointment scheduled with Dr. Moser for Thursday, two days later. She confirmed a Thursday appointment and told me she'd be back in touch if Dr. Moser wanted to see my daughter before then. I heard from her on Wednesday - she left a message saying he didn't need to see her before Thursday and she should be okay to take her Enbrel again. When we went in to see her on Thursday, the office staff said we weren't scheduled for an appointment; when I pointed out that I was worried because of the rash, they couldn't have cared less. It's a shame that this is the only rheumy peds ofc in Austin. Take your kids to SA, Dallas or Houston.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][244326].votes_count ]]

Submitted April 25, 2013

Didn't know anything about Dr. Moser. He was very nice and just the right personality for my 16 year old. We were worried over what was going on with my daughter. He took his time, asked a lot of questions, thoroughly examined her, had an xray, a sonogram,and then an MRI. Very thorough. He even recommended we see a neurologist - and then he left the room and came back in about 5 minutes - he went and got a neurologist in the building who came and examined our daughter (that saved us a visit). We couldn't believe it. What a great dr!! We also have an appt to see an infectious disease doctor just to make sure - per his recommendation. My daughter is doing physical therapy and is progressing very nicely. I agree with the other person who commented - Dr. Moser is a god-send!! Highly recommend him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][244325].votes_count ]]