Rate Dr. Charles D. Crowley

Dr. Charles D. Crowley's Ratings

My entire family AND many coworkers which I referred, have been going to Associated Eyecare in Clifton for 5 +years. I have to say after today's visit my family will not be returning. I have endured 1 hour plus wait time almost EVERy visit there because I feel Dr. Crowley is a very good Eye Dr. and he accepts both mine and my husbands insurance. I went for my annual exam a couple of weeks ago and this was the same, at the end of my apt. I was told to reschedule a late afternoon appointment for new contact fitting at a later date because they did not have time to do it on that day. They could not fit me in for 2 weeks, I took the apt., waited 1 hour and witnessed an entire family come in the office way AFTER me, but seen by the tech before me! When I went to the desk and complained the woman said well it's up to the TECH WHO SHE SEES FIRST! I can't do anything about it! I feel bad a good Dr is loosing patients because of incompetent staff!

Submitted Aug. 1, 2014 | flag

Dr Crowley talks to patients with his back turned to them, while he types the entire time one is in his office. Has little to say, responds only to direct questions. No bedside manner whatsoever.

Submitted April 9, 2014 | flag

Staff is so unprofessional and mean. I had an appointment for contact lense exam and I provided them with my medical insurance card. The woman at the front desk told me that she doesn’t know if my insurance covers that exam or not and that I have to pay for it. I asked her to call the insurance company and find out, but she refused. I offered to call the insurance company from my cell phone and have them speak to her, but she said “we don’t want to spend time on the phone; you have to pay now and I will give you a receipt”. I said to her “No Thanks, I will just go to another place where they know how to treat their patients”. I will never go to them again, and never recommend them to anyone.

Submitted May 24, 2013 | flag

front staff polite and efficient. waiting time, minimum. technicians explained preliminary exam, answered questions and were courteous. dr crowley explained in detail my condition and offered various options for treatment and correction.

Submitted June 1, 2012 | flag

My LASIK surgery went great and dr. Crowley was friendly and accessible throughoSut the ore and postoperative period.

Submitted May 8, 2012 | flag

Very helpful and explained my floaters and helped calm my nerves.

Submitted May 4, 2012 | flag

Dr. Crowley seems to be a good clinician. The staff seems fairly knowledgeable and polite. However, it's a "conveyor belt" practice. Get 'em in and get 'em out quick mentality. Not a ton of attention to detail. Don't expect to get a lot of attention or get your questions answered in detail. He's got about 3 minutes for you and that's it.

Submitted May 1, 2012 | flag