Rate Dr. Emil Chynn

Dr. Emil Chynn's Ratings

Dr. Chynn is going to perform my lasek surgery and I feel so confident in him. I am really looking forward to it!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2480502].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 27, 2014

The moment I stepped in I left welcome and the staff was very helpful on keeping me informed, they explained to me that Lasek is a procedure that is 10x safer then Lasik because they don't cut into your eye, I would absolutely recommend this to everyone who is thinking about getting laser eye surgery, I'm glad I was able to find the safest place for my procedure.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2417042].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

I went in for a free consultation and Dr. Chynn and his staff are very professional and friendly. They thoroughly explained the LASEK procedure and even invited me to watch the surgery live. They are very confident of their work and I am convinced enough to go through the workups to get the procedure done ASAP! They addressed all of my questions and fears and I learned that it is much safer than LASIK. I feel very educated about what I'm gonna have done, which is awesome because doctors don't usually explain things in detail for patients to understand. There is also complimentary water/tea/coffee and the HONY book (which I've been dying to look at) in the waiting area! :D

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2417041].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2014

Dr. Chynn is the best! He has me seeing 20/20. I was wearing glasses for over 30 years. Dr. Chynn changed all that. His staff is wonderful. I actually miss them. He is a great doctor. Do not hesitate to have the Lasek procedure done by Dr. Chynn. It's the best choice you will ever make.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2417040].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 4, 2014

Being a physician myself, I have seen Dr. Chynn operate when I was a medical student and he has very good hands. That is why I used him for my Lasek vision correction eight years ago (~2005). A high school graduate can perform Lasek these days but if there's a complication you better make sure the opthal can handle it. Even though I think his personality leaves much to be desired, I don't go to a surgeon for their personality. Despite his costs and personality issues, I would have no issues using Emil Chynn again if needed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][718757].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2013

I can easily say I am really glad to have chosen to have my eyes corrected by Dr Chynn(after all, how many times will I be able to say that in the future! lol). The staff at Park Avenue Lasek were all really friendly, relaxed and professional. I had absolutely no pressure at all into getting any specific procedure done and they made sure I was a proper candidate and that I understood the process well. They were extremely helpful with every step of the process, answered any questions I had and although they were a bit strict with us taking the precautions necessary afterwards, it has been well worth the result. They were also extremely flexible when it came to medical insurance and helped to make sure I got the best coverage possible for my medications. After 1 week, I went from seeing 20/80(had only 1 eye corrected) to 20/25. After two months, I have got 20/15 vision! I have absolutely no side effects like dryness or pain at all(at this point). Can't be more happy about that.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][718756].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 19, 2013

Dr Chynn is super nice and very helpful. I came in to have my eyes checked. I have a special case and It has been really hard for me, I can potentienly go blind and it is a very scary thing. He made me very comfortable and explained every thing about my condition and immediately took action and I felt better right away. The staff is very pleasant and super sweet. I really recommend this office to anyone! He is amazing!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][718755].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 12, 2013

Dr. Chynn and his staff know what they're talking about. Period. Every question I've asked has been met with nothing but professionalism and a genuine desire for me to have all the info I need. All the staff members are friendly and I personally love Dr. Chynn. People may not get his sense of humor and be offended, etc. but I actually love it and think he's super funny, which helped alleviate any anxiety I may have had about the procedure. He is very efficient and as a result, doesn't beat around the bush, which I definitely appreciate. p.s. What sealed the deal for me was the fact that Dr. Chynn PERFECTED this process. I mean, why go anywhere else when you can go directly to the person who perfected it? He does the surgery in a room that has glass walls, so that anyone walking outside can see it as well. Talk about super confident! That's what I would want from any doctor doing a serious procedure on me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][718754].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 22, 2013

I want to express how grateful I feel for Dr. Chynn and the rest of his administrative and medical staff. I arrived to his clinic to start fellowship 2 years ago, I barely spoke English, and I am an ophthalmologist who came to the United States from my private practice in Bolivia. Though I could have come through the SF Match, I didn’t so that I could take advantage of a more flexible, part-time schedule to take care of my kids. My first 3 months were a very hard challenge for me. I don’t regret about this since it made me a really self confident, strong person and an excellent clinician with my patients. All the people around me were nice and collaborative. They were able to help and clarify my curiosities and ignorance. The clinical experienced acquired with Dr. Chynn is invaluable. He is a very smart and demanding person (in fact, sometimes very intimidating) but this is the way he is. It took me some time to discover the real value of Dr. Chynn and that great person he is.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][718753].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 22, 2013

This is the best practice in NYC to have laser eye corrective surgery done. Dr. Chynn and his staff are extremely professional, cordial, and knowledgable. This is the only place that does no-cut lasek which is the best benefit that they offer. Great place

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][718752].votes_count ]]