You may also like

Rate Dr. James P. Devney

Dr. James P. Devney's Ratings

I also went to Dr. Devney, he came highly recommended from my GP. From my first interaction with his office personal ( lady at the front desk and the office manager ) I was unimpressed both were unprofessional, meaning these two (2) adjectives. Divisive and Didactic. I was told by the Dr. the reason for my headaches and how they could be fixed and I could be pain free. Readers digest version of the rest of the story the medicine block worked about 90%, so surgery was a must and could again (fix) my problem. Surgery was done I was released to come back in a month for a post op checkup. In a month I went back filling out paperwork to describe the amount of pain I was having , pretty much the same as before the surgery I explained to the front desk. I was also given paperwork stating I was solely responsible for any continuing payment if my insurance did not pay... I refused to sign paperwork that was an open-ended contract ( meaning no dollar amount) I explained until I was feeling better I should be looked at the Dr. Devney's expense, my insurance had already paid out 25k and my part was 3k and still coming in. Why should Dr. look at me, because I was told that the surgery would "fix" my headaches and it did not! I was told by the office manager that she was speaking for Dr.Devney when she said that I would NOT be looked at until I signed that open-ended contract, and I could leave the office and come back when I felt better. That was 3 days ago and I still have pain and they will not take my phone calls... classy right?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2766848].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 4, 2015

This is a wonderful and skilled physician. Spends time explaining and answering questions. Second to none bedside manner. Very professional.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][719529].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

For the 1st time in 14 months I’m pain-free, thanks to Dr. Devney! On my first visit he was able to figure out exactly what was wrong and carefully explain necessary procedures. He gave me time to think about it all and decide what I wanted to do. At the next visit he again went over all options with me. He then performed a procedure with gentle, careful hands, and IT WORKED! Dr. Devney has terrific “bedside manner”. He allowed me time to ask many questions and he explained everything thoroughly. He made sure I was comfortable with my choice of treatments and didn’t push me into anything. I’ve never met a more compassionate, smart, thoughtful and friendly doctor! He treated me like we'd been good friends forever! I would recommend him to ANYONE with any spinal trouble! His office staff is fantastic! All are kind, polite, helpful, thoughtful, and considerate. I truly felt like I was dealing with family members! God bless you all for all you do!! Keep up the great work!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][719528].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 23, 2012

I would not recommend Dr. Devney. He acted sincere on my first appointment and said that he would get to the crux of my pain and diagnose my work related injury and treat my pain accordingly. On my second visit he said that there was nothing medically that he could do for my pain. I articulated the fact that my MRI stated that nerves were being impinched on my thoracic and he stated "that is your thoracic and has nothing to do with the pain in your neck." What kind of doctor says that there is nothing that they can do for you, unless of course you are suffering from a terminal illness. If there is nothing he can do why not refer me to someone who can. He very limited on his knowledge. The reason I say this is because he told me that he has no idea where the pain is coming from. He made me feel as though he thought that I was making up my injury. I went to this Doctor for pain relief and left dismayed, discouraged and without any hope for a cease to the pain that exists.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][719527].votes_count ]]