Rate Dr. James P. Devney

Dr. James P. Devney's Ratings

Dr. Devney turned me away when I was 10 minutes late for an appointment I was forced to reschedule for 3 weeks later. Upon my return appointment I was early and he was 40 minutes late. When I pointed this issue out as a discrepancy in expectations he got angry and walked out and refused to treat me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2587251].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2014

This is a wonderful and skilled physician. Spends time explaining and answering questions. Second to none bedside manner. Very professional.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][719529].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

For the 1st time in 14 months I’m pain-free, thanks to Dr. Devney! On my first visit he was able to figure out exactly what was wrong and carefully explain necessary procedures. He gave me time to think about it all and decide what I wanted to do. At the next visit he again went over all options with me. He then performed a procedure with gentle, careful hands, and IT WORKED! Dr. Devney has terrific “bedside manner”. He allowed me time to ask many questions and he explained everything thoroughly. He made sure I was comfortable with my choice of treatments and didn’t push me into anything. I’ve never met a more compassionate, smart, thoughtful and friendly doctor! He treated me like we'd been good friends forever! I would recommend him to ANYONE with any spinal trouble! His office staff is fantastic! All are kind, polite, helpful, thoughtful, and considerate. I truly felt like I was dealing with family members! God bless you all for all you do!! Keep up the great work!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][719528].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 23, 2012

I would not recommend Dr. Devney. He acted sincere on my first appointment and said that he would get to the crux of my pain and diagnose my work related injury and treat my pain accordingly. On my second visit he said that there was nothing medically that he could do for my pain. I articulated the fact that my MRI stated that nerves were being impinched on my thoracic and he stated "that is your thoracic and has nothing to do with the pain in your neck." What kind of doctor says that there is nothing that they can do for you, unless of course you are suffering from a terminal illness. If there is nothing he can do why not refer me to someone who can. He very limited on his knowledge. The reason I say this is because he told me that he has no idea where the pain is coming from. He made me feel as though he thought that I was making up my injury. I went to this Doctor for pain relief and left dismayed, discouraged and without any hope for a cease to the pain that exists.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][719527].votes_count ]]