Rate Dr. Shekar Narayanan

Dr. Shekar Narayanan's Ratings

I had a perforated bowel from another surgery. Dr. Narayanan was the specialist that was called in to operate. He performed an Ileostomy as a temporary fix. I didn't was to have to wear a bag, however, my colon needed a chance to heal. I wore the bag for 7 months until her performed the final surgery. He put my colon back together, advised me on the things I should slowly allow back into my diet until my body becomes accustomed again. Dr. Narayanan was never rude to me, he answered all the questions that I had and he took time to sit down and talk with me.

Submitted Jan. 30, 2013 | flag

Saw me same day and fixed my problem that night. Have had no more issues.

Submitted Aug. 22, 2012 | flag

Honestly, I read a couple of reviews and was a little thrown off. But after meeting him, he alleviated any concerns. He was very caring and had a plan. He then called me at home the next day to be sure I understood what we were doing. He saw me everyday in the hospital and I doing great. He has changed my life.

Submitted April 10, 2012 | flag

Extremely compassionate. Spent over an hour with me and my family discussing our options. I have done great and really believe it is because of him. I am thankful I found him

Submitted Jan. 4, 2012 | flag

I went in for Diverticulitis, bleeding h-roids, and rectal incontinence. First visit was rushed, a fast rectal exam and rushed in conf rm. Told there were 4 things you need to do. MRI of colon, colonoscopy, fecal test,. was called back and told I had C-diff and to come back for colonoscopty. After C-diff cleared had procedure, Went for follow-up in 2 wks. Dr never even sat down leaned on a desk and gave me 2 options for treatment. One medicine for 3 months and one for the rest of my life. My daughter was with me and specifically told him I wanted the 3 month treatment. Asked him what I could eat and he said anything. I told him tomatoes and salads upset my stomach and he said that is an old wives tale. I was asking him about my sudden low blood pressure (usually high) when he rushed me and my daughter out the door and said that's not my area of expertise. Told me to come back in 3 months, Rx called in was not for the plan we agreed upon. Nasty ltr in mail booting me out.

Submitted Dec. 10, 2011 | flag

I had a hemorrhoidectomy which went great until 3 weeks into recovery. I advised Dr. Narayanan of pain and discomfort only to be disregarded. I even followed up again in 3 months and told him I was still experiencing pain and once again was disregarded. I ended up back in surgery 5 days after my last appointment for a abcess and fistula. I am finding another Dr. to treat my fistula. I had questions for the Dr. who rushes me and actually held to door open as I was still trying to ask questions. This Dr. may be a good surgeon but did not give me the time to answer my questions and took no concern for my pain or discomfort after surgery. The final straw was my last appointment when Dr. Narayanan had scheduled testing for the fistuala and said he would give me a prescription before leaving. I didn't get a prescription from the nurse who advised it would be called in to the pharmacy. I went to fill the prescription only to find it was never called in. I have lost all trust.

Submitted Nov. 28, 2011 | flag