Dr. DAVID BJELICA

Grad. Year: 1998

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 05/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 9 reviews. Dr. DAVID BJELICA has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Endocrinologist-related: Cushing's syndrome, hyperthyroidism, hypogonadism, metabolic bone disease, diabetes mellitus, pituitary dysfunction, neuroendocrinology, diabetes, pancreas, pituitary gland, ovaries, testes, thyroid, adrenal glands
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5069526

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.1  Respond
RID: 2886339
29/09/13 5 5 5 5 I've had very good experiences with Dr. Bjelca. I have never been put on hold and have had to call daily to get blood test results. One Friday the doctor was not in to talk to me about my results but called me on SATURDAY to discuss them. He was very concerned about me and even gave me his cell phone number to reach him over the weekend. He ended up sending me to the ER and he was in touch with me and the ER doc during that time. I was able to text him the following day (Sunday) and he got right back to me. My GP who referred me to him said he was very thorough and after being sick for 9 months with no answers I did not mind his thoroughness at all. His office is gorgeous and lacks smells of any kind. Not sure what the other reviewer was talking about. Dr. Bjelca was able to diagnose my problem in a week after my GP and specialist at UCLA could not. He's a great doctor.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 2564992
19/02/13 4 5 5 5 I have been under the care of Dr. Bjelica for 2 years now. He is very knowledgeable in his field and. I am very satisfied with his care. He seems to care very much for his patients and I have never felt rushed at my appointment. He is always trying to educate his patients on their diseases; which I feel is wonderful. Not many doctors take the time anymore. His staff is very friendly, however, they do not seem to be very knowledgeable about questions they are asked. I would highly recommend Dr. Bjelica with any issues you have in the field of Endocrinology.
Insurance: BC Med
RID: 2351517
11/07/12 4 5 5 5 I came here feeling the ill effects of low testosterone. He was not sure. He ordered extensive blood work. Turns out I have low testosterone. He made sure I was very informed before I made a decision on what was the right course of action to take. He is punctual, returns phone calls and has a nice bed side manner. What else does one need?
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1651180
03/12/11 5 5 5 5 DUE TO FALSE AND INACCURATE STATEMENTS MADE BY SOME USERS THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN CLOSED.  Respond
RID: 1633145
13/11/11 1 2 2 2 Would prefer to go to another doc who is more friendly and takes time to explain things in a detailed manner. They do not provide reminder calls for an appointment and use this to charge late fees and no-show fees of over 100.
Insurance: CIGNA
Paid (or co-pay): $35
Respond

13/11/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1580548
05/11/11 1 1 1 1 DR BENJELICA WAS COLD AND UNCARING IN MY OPINION IF YOU ARE SICK DO NOT SEEK ANY HELP FROM HIM.  See Responses
RID: 1521536
25/08/11 4 4 4 5 Awesome Doctor! I have worked with hime for a few years now. He really knows his stuff!
Insurance: United Healthcare
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 1405057
02/04/11 1 3 1 2 Bjelica uses heavy handed tactics to collect a $100.00 missed appointment fee due to the inept front office staff he employs. If you see him, make sure you cross out the fine print at the bottom of your patient information form. Most Doctors give you a courtesy call 24 hours before the appointment, but not this doctor so he can collect a $100 missed appointment fee. These un-professional tactics cause me to question his ethics. My advice to you is to continue looking for a different doctor. Bejelica seems more concerned with collecting $100 fees than caring for his patents well being.
Insurance: Wellpoint