Rate Dr. William L. Matzner

Dr. William L. Matzner's Ratings

What an amazing doctor. He was my admitting doctor at Los Robles and from the moment I met him, he comforted me tremendously and I could tell he knew his stuff. Was in incredibly good hands during my 10 day stay and now that I am out, I will be seeing him at his office for the Internal Medicine follow up. He will most likely be of assistance to me in the future when looking to have children as well but for now I am beyond grateful to have found him. Not sure what all the complaints are about in his reviews, he is a darn busy doctor juggling daily hospital visits and his own practice and does a darn good job.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2460237].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014

All the doctor wants is the money only he does not care for the Patient's I can hear him when the patients leaves his office he will be laughing about them and the lab staff will do the same. The lab staff will look over the file and make fun of the patients.The doctor is alway 1 or 2 hour late to come in the office for his appt.The doctor will be in with you only for 10 min. He will not call you back. I will not go back to his office.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1992089].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 10, 2011

Staff very helpful. Dr Matzner was patient and compassionate. I would recommend him any time.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1992088].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 22, 2011

One of the most intelligent men I have ever met!!!! He is knowlegeable in both medicine and economics (he has a Ph.D.!!!!!)

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1992087].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 3, 2011

Dr. Matzner is a great doc, I have worked closely with his staff, Amy rocks with both her Attitude and helpfulness!! A nurse and call the office a lot for Geriatric patients and thier issues are both life threatening at times and just a matter of their impatience at times and Dr always gets back to me with all the respect and concern he has. Y makes sure I'm taken care of for the patience sale and for mine! I'm looking forward to working more with Dr. Matzner and his staff in the durire' hats off to a very busy man and practice. Thank you again' Sincerely, nurse Alli :o)

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1992086].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2010

Out of pocket costs for the labwork were astronomical. Dr refuses to allow even some of the lab tests to be performed by other labs, even Cedars Sinai lab. (the blood draw lady said I could do labs there, but after they were done, I was told he would not read the results) Buyer beware. It was a huge mistake going to him. He is refusing to treat me unless I have ALL of the labs done at HIS lab. I am reporting him today to the California Medical Board. There are other choices for reproductive immunologists. They may not be in the L.A. area, but it only takes one in-person consult with someone else, then you can be treated remotely. He seems to care way more about money than patients. I do believe he has alot of knowledge in the area of reproductive immunology, but unless you can afford approximately $1,800.00 out of pocket for the office visit and complete lab tests, you won't receive treatment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1992085].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2010

One of the worst dr.'s ever! Whenever his name was mentioned to ANY of the hospital staff, all looked away. They were relieved when he was no longer in charge of the patient, who was now going to get real care. Front office intimidated family and dr never returned calls to family. Took several calls from hospital to get him to take action.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1992084].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 12, 2010

Dr. Matzner only does Reproductive Immunology on Tuesday afternoons. It can be VERY hard to get calls returned, protocols written up, insurance forms filled in, etc. Front office is very disorganized. Dr. rarely answers emails or message boards. Blood draw woman very nice. This place is a crap shoot. He knows his stuff, mostly. Refuses to write Rx if you want services out of state. Really pushes IVIG over intralipids even if Intralipids are appropriate. Has the most expensive IVIG I have seem anywhere in the country.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1992083].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 3, 2010

Worst office staff I have ever dealt with. They do not return calls and are not helpful in getting information. The doctor took 3 weeks to provide a written protocol after the final phone consult. Most doctors that perform the same service take 2-3 days. I think he knows his stuff, but it doesn't matter if you can't get the protocol for your RE.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1992082].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 2, 2009

Be careful of his billing. He will not break out the cost for each immunology test. He overbilled me and later explained that it was an office error. He doesn't accept any insurance, but insists on submitting the insurance receipts on your behalf. He underbilled my insurance for $225 and refuses to make the corrections which means I'm unable to get reimbursement. He is not very "patient friendly". That is, he doesn't like to answer questions and the terminology used in immunology for fertility is extremely complicated.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1992080].votes_count ]]