Dr. Michael A. Yergler

Grad. Year: 1995

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.3 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 20 reviews. Dr. Michael A. Yergler has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

05/06/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 1.0

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Michael" to "Michael A."
RID: 2913923
15/10/13 4 1 1 3 I had to switch docs for my scope. This guy isn't only arrogant but he doesn't use the proper numbing medicines simply because it takes to long
RID: 2577942
06/03/13 5 5 5 5 I went to Dr Mike Yergler because of three peoples referrals. He was awesome, funny and not quick to do surgery. My first impression is a good one. The other people did say he didn't have a good bedside manner but that does not matter if he is the best Doctor.
RID: 1687619
15/01/12 4 4 5 5 Dr Mike is a wonderful Doctor whom you feel very comfortable and confident in. He takes excellent care of my mother who is currently rehabbing in a facility and we are so grateful!!Thank you Dr Mike!!
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1636350
16/11/11 5 5 5 5 Had an Achilles tendon rupture and Dr. Yergler not only came into the Hospital on his DAY OFF to perform my surgery, he was NOT on call, and it was LABOR DAY!! He got me walking within 4 weeks. What a skilled surgeon who really cares about his patients!! highly recommend him!!  Respond
RID: 1635980
16/11/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Yergler's the best. I had chronic pain to the point that I couldn't even sleep at night along with limited movement to my right arm. Dr. Yergler did a total right shoulder replacement and the pain is now gone, and I'm able to move my arm without a problem. Thank you Dr. Michael Yergler!  Respond
RID: 1629958
09/11/11 5 5 5 5 Outstanding Doctor. Immediate and accurate diagnosis. Formulated and carried out precise medical plan. Recommended without question. Major Jim FORNEY USMC ret.
RID: 1629388
09/11/11 5 4 5 5 Thanks Dr. Yergler and staff for your continued care and compassion for me. You got me back to work quickly as well as Dr. Zucker. I am grateful. I still have my leg.
Paid (or co-pay): $50
RID: 1629326
09/11/11 5 3 5 5 I've had two rotator cuff surgeries by Dr Mike with great success. I had no significant pain after either surgery and took no pain drugs. And recovery afterward was excellent. This doctor really knows what he is doing. I find him very willing to answer questions with a great attitude and great sense of humor. I highly recommend him and would go to no one else.
Insurance: Tricare
RID: 1396856
24/03/11 5 4 1 3 Totaly agree with this statement from someone else...bedside manor is nonexistent. He will answer questions only as he is leaving the room. Maybe he's good with shoulders but , not finding true problem with knee!!!!
RID: 1141231
01/04/10 4 4 4 5 Dr Yergler did an excellent rotator cuff surgery for a massive tear that other doctors thought I would not be able to have full use of arm. Oiiice visits are very quick, so have questons prepared beforehand. Higly recomended.
Insurance: Workers Comp
RID: 1132246
20/03/10 4 5 5 5 Very knowledgeable doctor and he diagnosed and treated my shoulder issue with success when another orthopedist did not. He does not stay long in your office visit, but that is okay as they charge by the amount of time. He was extremely friendly and did answer all my questons. Highly recommended!!!
RID: 1130353
17/03/10 5 5 5 5 I think some of you use have Dr. Mike Yergler confused with someone else. I had two rotator cuff tears in each shoulder, and one a huge tear. Dr. Yergler performed rotator cuff surgery on each shoulder about 18 months apart and I never had pain, and have made a full recovery with full range of motion. I found him to be helpful, very compassionate, and caring. I have recommended him to friends and acquaintances with only the highest praise. I am also proud of his recent trip to Haiti; he and the other doctors gave their time and their skills to those so desperate for care. I am proud to call him my doctor and highly recommend him. I only wish I could find a family doctor as talented and personable.  Respond
RID: 823199
10/03/09 5 4 4 5 Dr. Yergler was very helpful and extremely professional. He was an enjoyable doctor to visit and seemed to genuinely care.  Respond
RID: 822776
09/03/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. M. Yergler is a highly skilled orthopaedic surgeon with a wonderful personality. He performed hip arthroscopy on me and I was up and walking the same day. His extensive knowledge of the procedure mixed with his great sense of humor made me extremely comfortable with him along with his staff. His confidence in what he does is reassuring and refreshing. I have recommended that several of my family members see him for their orthopaedic needs and will continue to do so. We are very fortunate to have such a skilled surgeon in the South Bend area!!
RID: 820768
08/03/09 5 4 4 5 Dr. Mike has always treated me very well. I'm no one special, just an ordinary guy, but that didn't seem to make a difference to him. Yes he's busy but that's because he's so good! Did a great job on my shoulder and I've sent several friends and relatives to see him. Highly recommended!
RID: 818848
07/03/09 5 5 5 5 How nice to be able to type this on a keyboard without the shoulder pain I was having for months. As usual I probably should have had it looked at sooner but thanks Dr. Yergler for the help. I knew Dr. Yergler was the guy to see. He has done several rotators of friends over this past year who all recommended him. It was reassuring to hear this even though I was planning on going to him anyways. He did a wonderful job repairing my torn ACL several years ago which feels as good as new, even climbing those mountains at 10,000+ feet. Yes, he is very busy, but do the math, why do you think he has so many wanting to see him. Kind of like going to a good restaurant! There is a reason for being busy. He is a hard worker. He also works with our football coaches association (NIC) and gets in our players from local high schools with a phone call. No these are not Notre Dame players or even div 1 players, they are just kids of local parents who are in need of some quick help. Thanks Doc.  Respond
RID: 812407
04/03/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Michael Yergler has been a great comfort to me and my husband since I have had my shoulder operation. He has explained everything and answered all our questions. He makes you feel like you are his only patient at the time of your appointment, yet, he doesn't take all day treating you. I have been treated with kindness and respect from Dr. Mike and his staff. For this I am truly grateful.I personally appreciate the promptness and effecientcy of Dr. Yergler and his staff.
RID: 811440
04/03/09 3 3 1 3 Michael Yergler is a skilled physician. His bedside manor is nonexistent. He spends no time with you and will answer questions only as he is leaving the room. If you are a sports figure connected to the local university I assume things are different.
RID: 809257
04/03/09 5 5 5 5 Dr M. Yergler has seen all of my family members and I am very impressed with the quality of care that we have received from him and his staff. He is a very caring doctor and takes his time with us and answers any questions we may have. He did an awesome job with my daughter's knee surgery. She was nervous but he put her at ease! I also was at ease knowing she was in good hands! She is back to playing sports at her full potential thanks to Dr. Yergler! He is a wonderful, skillful physician that I would recommend to anyone. He keeps our family active and I greatly appreciate him for that!
RID: 807074
04/03/09 3 3 1 3 This is the worst possible individual to see, he has no concern for his patients, he spends no time with you and when he does he isn't listening. He thinks he is better than you and shows a complete level of disrespect for you and how you are feeling. You are lucky if you get a 30 second meeting with him, in out.. very unimpressed with his surgical skills as well. Would never recommend