Rate Dr. John D. Homan

Dr. John D. Homan's Ratings

I don't understand how he has a 5 star rating on this site. I'll try to justify my ratings below. To preface, I was a new patient, so maybe this is different if you have a history with him. Punctuality: I was taken into the room on time, but had to wait about 40 minutes to actually see the doctor. I got there for an appointment, and after 1 hour of waiting, I got maybe 10 contact minutes with him. Staff: Staff isn't rude, but not nice either. I asked to use the bathroom while waiting, and they wouldn't even look up or look me in the eye when they told me where it was. I've seen MUCH nicer staff at other doctors offices. Wouldn't work with me to accommodate my schedule Helpfulness: I came in with a couple problems, and his exact words were "that's normal". Asked him three questions, and he barely even answered one. Just kept ignoring the rest of them. Did not take time to listen to all my symptoms, seemed like he didn't care, and was just generally very rushed. Didn't even say goodbye or great meeting you after the appointment. But as a person, he is a somewhat nice guy -- did make some smalltalk and ask some questions, and was apologetic about the wait. Knowledge: Can't really comment on this because he really didn't do much to help me, so I just put it as average. Overall, I would say it was a waste of two hours...

Submitted Aug. 8, 2014 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr Homan's for 25 years. Always thorough and very caring and VERY knowledgable. Always uses whatever tools are necessary to solve your health problem immediately. My husband and parents are now his patients and owe their health to him!

Submitted Sept. 4, 2013 | flag

Dr. Homan is first of all concerned about you as a person, not just a body in his office with a problem. He is one of the most concerned health care professionals I know of in our the newport beach/orange county area that actually takes HIS time to help you get to solution & resolution of your health care issue. He has the ability to think outside the box that we've all have to deal with in any health care system. You can see & feel his enthusiasm as he grasps your overall issue & puts his mind into motion to get resolve, relief & the best possible solution to your reason for being in his office in the first place! I find this a mini miracle in the current state of medical madness that we all of deal with on every level. Patient, Doctor, office staff (especially) medical billers, providers that don't provide anything but heartache & headtrips. How much $$ have I paid in premiums for all these years to get treated like I'm a criminal for trying to seek medical help? Dr. Homan rocks!

Submitted Oct. 21, 2012 | flag

enjoy this doctor, gave me a lot of good advice, very caring

Submitted Oct. 29, 2010 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr. Homan for years. He is always knowlegable and concerned. Sometimes if more than one thing is wrong with you he gets excited! A very nice man and his staff is nice too.

Submitted Nov. 21, 2009 | flag

Dr. Homan rocks! He always makes time to listen to me. He has great bedside manner and truly cares about his patients. I often see the wheels spinning in his head when he is trying to diagnose something...it's cute.

Submitted Sept. 23, 2009 | flag

Very thorough, using lab, sonogram, x-ray, CT and MRI when necessary

Submitted May 9, 2009 | flag

Dr. Homan took time to listen to me, address all my symptoms, showed concern, and personally reviewed my CT scan that I had on disc rather than just rely on the written report.

Submitted May 8, 2006 | flag