Dr. Simon Fishman

Rate Dr. Simon Fishman

Dr. Simon Fishman's Ratings

I have been seeing Dr. Fishman for the last 7 years, and have been completely happy with each visit (the treatmant,staff ect.) I'm sorry I won't be able to bring him with me when I move. Great Doc, Great man,

Submitted May 7, 2014 | flag

Dr. Fishman is awesome! I have been dealing with chronic migraine for years and my past neurologists immediately put me on various medications despite my concern of side effects. I would eventually just stop taking them against their advice. Once my migraines went from 5 a week to 7, I found Dr. Fishman. He took the time to listen to my past experiences and side effect concerns for the medications out there to treat migraine. We decided on botox for migraine. I was nervous because I didn't want it to look "fake" if that makes sense. Dr. Fishman made sure I understand everything and did it perfectly. He knows his stuff, takes the time to explain it and genuinely cares about his patients. He is amazing! I highly recommend him. I tell everybody I know they should go to him and the various office locations make him convenient to everybody.

Submitted Feb. 21, 2014 | flag

Dr. Fishman, unlike other doctors who I had gone to in the past, listened to my symptoms, wasn't patronizing, and was willing to try different options to give me relief. He understood that what might work for one patient doesn't always work for the next and did not insist that I endure our first option for months and months, before trying something different. He actually believed that I had some level of insight into my own body at the age of 50, and so, by working together, we were able to relieve my symptoms by 90%+. I am no longer in agony day after day, and I am able to get back to my normal life again. I would highly recommend Dr. Fishman to my family and friends.

Submitted Oct. 3, 2013 | flag

Dr. Fishman is not just a doctor, he is the reason I am still living a healthy, happy life. I met him in the ICU while fighting cancer in 2007. He was the doctor assigned to my case due to having complications. From the moment I met him, I was relieved in knowing that he was going to take care of me. He is confident, smart and has a wonderful bed side manner. He always takes the time to listen to my cares and concerns, and even all of my wife’s questions. I have never felt rushed during my appointments and he always speaks to me as an equal. He delivers all of the medical “jargon” to me in a way that I understand. He IS the reason I was strong and healthy enough to have a child in 2012, my dream come true. He is always a phone call away. I’m not one to complain about wait times, in my career as a cancer and neurology patient, it’s always the best doctors that have wait times. Dr. Fishman is top of the line, and I’ve enjoyed being his patient for the past 5+ years. JH

Submitted July 16, 2013 | flag

I had seen several different doctors, and been to the ER several different times due to chronic headaches that I had been having over several years time and no one seemed to be able to figure out the cause. Dr. Fishman was able to on the first visit, after a through consultation determine the cause and put me on an ongoing plan to treat not only the cause but the symptoms. The treatment plan took a little fine tuning and is ever changing however every change that has been made was made after through discussion Dr. Fishman always took the time to explain why we were changing meds and what he hoped to achieve by doing so. During what has been probably 15 different appointments he has always seemed friendly and concerned about my overall health. A great thanks to Dr. Fishman and his staff for the relief his spot on diagnosis has provided not only myself but my family. I would recommend him to anyone who asks. His office in Alexandria is no 5 star hotel however it is sufficient.

Submitted July 10, 2013 | flag

Dr. Fishman is knowledgable, but arrogant. I've been seeing him for several years. He's a young doctor, and when I began seeing him, he was kind and compassionate - everything one would want in a doctor. Sadly, as his practice has grown, so too has his arrogance. On one occasion, he said, "if you think you have it rough, the guy in here before you had had a stroke..." Another time, when discussing some new symptoms I was having, when I was desperate to learn about potential causes, treatments, and outcomes, he said, "I'm the doctor, let me worry about that until we get test results." His practice once had a wonderful nurse practitioner. Since she left, it seems he hasn't been able to retain other doctors and nurses for more than a few months, which may be indicative of the changes in his attitude I've seen over the years. I continue to see him since I receive ongoing care. I realize he's going to be arrogant and deal with it. If I was a new patient, I'd find someone else.

Submitted July 5, 2013 | flag

Parkinsons Disease: After several episodes of misdiagnosis, Dr. Fishman accurately diagnosed and began working for the appropriate mix of medicines and therapy. He is open and honest in his diagnosis, explaining the situation and options in laymen's terms. I have consulted with other neurologists (including one of the very best in the midwest) to validate his diagnosis and treatment. His staff is helpful and efficient.

Submitted Feb. 8, 2012 | flag

Dr.Fishman is one of the better doctors I have been to(I have been to MANY). He was very patient and spent alot of time with us each time answering our questions about old and new drugs, and those in trial. He even researched and made calls about new trial drugs he wasnt familar with giving us good recommendations. my emails to him were also answered quickly.

Submitted Jan. 27, 2012 | flag

I initially went to Dr. Fishman to address my essential tremors. I knew he would be good because he helped my mother with her Parkinsons and, when NO other doctor would respond or help my siblings and I understand what her dying moments would be like, Dr. Fishman was kind enough to describe what to look out for and how to help her as much as we could. For that alone, Dr. Fishman is all aces. He ordered tests that I thought were a bit strange (thyroid test? liver test?) but I do have both liver disease and hypothyroidism. He also had me test for sleep apnea and test results indicate I do have sleep apnea and am now learning to use CPAP. Incidentally, I now have a prescription to help me with the essential tremors. All of this because Dr. Fishman went above and beyond just looking at a single issue. I recommend Dr. Fishman (and have! and will again!) whenever someone brings up tremors or sleep issues.

Submitted Jan. 26, 2012 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr. Fishman for the past five years, and have been very happy with the service from his office. Most notably, when I call Integrated Neurology Services (INS), someone answers the phone within a couple rings. That is, there is no recorded menu system. Also, prescriptions are filled right away. He is always available for appointments without waiting for weeks, and the infusion center is top notch. I have had great experience with all of his staff. My only recommendation for improvement would be for INS to have a more holistic approach for treating my MS (in addition to prescriptions), such as supplements, nutrition, and diet recommendations.

Submitted Jan. 23, 2012 | flag