Rate Dr. Manish Gopal

Dr. Manish Gopal's Ratings

Dr. Gopal is a very kind and understanding doctor. He was very helpful with making me understand all my options.

Submitted Feb. 7, 2014 | flag

Had severe lower abdominal/pelvis pain, referred to Dr. Gopal; who upon conducting typical tests concluded it was fibroids with women my age (upper 40s) and immediately suggested having my uterus removed (hysterectomy). Uncomfortable, I asked for a 2nd opinion but unwisely had Gopal refer me to one; who agreed with him. After the procedure nothing changed (pain is still there) other than got the feeling once the procedure was over and he got paid, he got more distant and treated me as if I was being too onerous; a burden. Though certainly knowledgeable; my issue is treating conditions like business and churning as many procedures for procedures sake is not the way in treating and healing people. I left with a huge regret and would certainly view doctors with a lot more suspicion now when they "recommend" procedures as when I did in the past; and ask are they recommending something for purely for my benefit or do they have their well being involved in it as well.

Submitted Feb. 20, 2011 | flag