Dr. Thomas P. Butler

Grad. Year: 1971

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.3 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 10 reviews. Dr. Thomas P. Butler has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Oncologist / Hematologist-related: cancer, lymphoma, anemia, sickle cell, breast cancer, lung cancer, melanoma, leukemia, blood disease, tumors, radiation, chemotherapy, CML
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5325448
03/04/14 1 2 2 2 Dr. Butler is friendly enough, but he is always running way behind and his staff is hopeless. Forms get filled out incorrectly, calls aren't returned, etc. I've switched my care to another hematologist.
Respond

13/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.9
RID: 1553310
04/10/11 5 3 5 5 Dr. Butler is kind and beyond patient, answering every question in detail. He helped me wade through varying opinions on what treatment to pursue and put my mind at ease during a trying time. He often runs late, but it's because he spends as much time with each and every patient as the patient needs. He's worth the wait!
RID: 1541811
20/09/11 5 5 5 5 Dr Butler is one of the best Dr's around. He sits with you and explains everything in plain English.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1191798
17/06/10 4 4 5 5 I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Dr. Butler. 17 years cancer-free and counting. I went to him a scared young woman with breat cancer at 33 years old. He took time to answer my endless barage of questions (I'm an engineer) and answered my questions in great detail. Took time to discuss alternative and complementary treatments with me. I owe my life to Dr. Butler. His nurses who administered chemotherapy were the best too.
RID: 1054143
10/12/09 1 1 1 1 THIS DOCTOR DOES NOT TAKE THE TIME WITH THE PATIENT TO ADEQUATELY PROVIDE A FAIR TREATMENT.  Respond
RID: 927779
03/07/09 5 4 5 5 After interviewing many oncologists, I returned to the first one I consulted, Dr. Butler. His bedside manner is wonderful. He is caring, considerate, and so very knowledgeable. I trust him so, and consider him simply wonderful.
RID: 690839
25/09/08 3 5 5 5 Dr. Butler is a saint and I feel so fortunate to have found him. Intelligent, caring and compassionate, he truly cares about his patients and loves his job. The follow-up letters are great for keeping as part of your own medical files. There aren't many like him.
RID: 616299
18/06/08 5 2 5 5 May have to wait a while because Dr. Butler takes as much time as the patient needs. He listens well, responds to concerns, and is open to being a partner with the patient (making decisions together and honoring patient choices if not choosing a traditional treatment path).
RID: 32546
16/06/06 4 5 5 Dr. Butler is AWESOME. Incredibly thorough and takes the time to answer your questions. Especially love the follow-up letters he sends. Not many like him.
RID: 29516
03/05/06 5 5 5 Best in the business. I love Dr. Butler. 13+ years since my cancer diagnosis and I'm still cancer-free!