Dr. James W. Kurkjian

Grad. Year: 1982

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 20/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.9 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 23 reviews. Dr. James W. Kurkjian has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Psychologist-related: counseling, psychological trauma, psychological problems, mental illness
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5207891
23/02/14 4 4 5 5 Dr. Kurkjian has been very helpful getting me back on track with my life.  Respond
RID: 2753703
04/08/13 5 4 5 5 He has been very helpful in treating my depression and anxiety. I have been with Dr. Kurkjian for a little over 3 months, and I am feeling much better. I would recommend him to others.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 2647978
14/05/13 3 5 5 5 I have been seeing Dr. Kurkjian about two months and have been very pleased with the experience. I find him to be very easy to talk to. I am at a point where Dr. Kurkjian has recommended medication. I am very opposed to the idea of taking meds primarily out of fear. The fact that he is not pushing speaks volumes to me. He is definitely considerate of my sensitivities and I'm appreciative of that.
RID: 2643292
08/05/13 4 5 5 5 I have been a patient of Dr Kurkjian now for 2 mos. It was my first time seeing a psychologist for treating my anxiety and depression. I admit that at first of course I was nervous, but during my first introductory session with Dr Kurkjian, I felt at ease and knew that this was my cure/help in getting better and heal. I am not insured but his rates are the most reasonable in the city of San Leandro, San Lorenzo and especially Castro Valley. I am very pleased with my session treatments so far and I'm looking forward to getting the best treatment in healing to be happy and healthy for a better future for me and my family.  Respond
RID: 2556155
11/02/13 5 5 5 5 Dr, Kurkjian has helped me through many problems in the last 14 years. It started 14 years ago with my husband's terminal illness and most recently with my firing from a job I had held for 25 years. He is very honest with always saying what I need to hear. He has helped me to live a enjoyable live instead of being stuck in the negative. The most important thing he has done for me is helped me to feel good about myself  Respond
RID: 2543989
28/01/13 4 5 5 5 Dr. Kurkjian monitored my mother at a time when she was anxious and was refusing of her medications. He was caring and treated her with respect. He went out of his way to consult with her primary physician while we were in his office to determine the best course of action for her. I would recommend Dr. Kurkjian for those who require a psychologist.
RID: 2537209
21/01/13 5 5 5 5 He has helped me through many stresses, some which affected me physically. Excellent therapist.
RID: 2524564
08/01/13 5 5 5 5 Very warm and caring doctor and very satisfied with his services. I would recommend him to anyone.  Respond
RID: 2420375
08/09/12 5 4 5 5 i have been seeing dr. kurkjian for over 5 years and he has always been very professional and encouraging.  Respond
RID: 2401171
14/08/12 5 5 5 5 Dr kurkjian is an amazing and very skilled!! He has assisted me with getting my life back on track:}  Respond
RID: 2398789
11/08/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Kurkjian has helped me enormously. He is very patient and a good listener. I highly recommend him.  Respond
RID: 2397015
09/08/12 5 5 5 5 I am very pleased with Dr. Kurjian services. He is a very pleasant easy to talk too psychologist. He has helped me a great deal. Very knowledgable and courteous doctor.  Respond
RID: 2394267
06/08/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Kirkjian is very thoughtful and considerate. With his help I've put my life into perspective thereby reducing mental stress allowing me once again to enjoy living. His method is to not only alleviate symptomatic ailments which can be problematic but treat the entire psychological makeup which will prevent future ailments. His demeanor is light-hearted, stern when the situation calls for it but non threatening. After a couple of visits it's like being treated by a good friend who has your interests at heart, some one you can trust. Thanks, A.J.H.
RID: 2391823
02/08/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Kurkjian is one of the FINIST doctors that I have ever had in my medical history. He is easy to talk to and has great insight to problem situations. I've been very pleased with his services.
Respond

01/08/12 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "JAMES" to "James W."
RID: 2390972
01/08/12 5 5 5 5 I have been with Dr. Kurkjian for many years and am truly honest when I say he has saved my life. I suffer from depression and there have been several times when only he can get through to me and make me see the light at the end of the tunnel. He is kind, compassionate, trust worthy,light-hearted when the situation calls for it and at the end of the day he genuinely cares about his patients and their well being. I literally trust him with my life.  Respond
RID: 2390663
01/08/12 5 5 5 5 Has helped me very much. A good partner towards my physical and mental well being  Respond
RID: 2385708
26/07/12 5 5 5 5 I've been with Dr. Kurkjian for a long time. He has proven to be reliable, very understanding, and has helped me tremendously through difficult periods of my life. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a professional and respectful doctor. I couldnt say enough good things about him.  Respond
RID: 2384653
25/07/12 5 5 5 5 I don't have enough words to tell you how great Dr Kurkjian is. He is caring, patient and very knowledgeable. He is very professional at all time. He helps me understand my feelings and relates them to my life. Dr K and his staff are always on top of reports needed for my adjustor. Thank you Dr Kurkjian.
RID: 2384262
25/07/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Kurkjian is very skilled at helping people. He is a good listener and offers sounds ideas and insights.He has years of experience helping people with all kinds of problems and challanges. He also has a good sense of humor--which we all need these days. Dr. Kurkjian greatly helped me through a difficult period of my life.  Respond
RID: 2383753
25/07/12 5 5 5 5 i was injured at work a left foot crush i was going through a hard time and especially i was full energy and i was making good money and supporting my family back home .so DR.Kurkjian was very smart and professional when it comes to his psychological job ..each time i go there i feel i'm freed and freshened .i do recommend him to everyone that may need a psychologist..and really i want just to be thankful to him because his been very helpful for me
RID: 2383556
24/07/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Kurkjian, I feel he's top,in what he do. He talk to you as a man. He break down things that really matter in your life.
RID: 2382327
23/07/12 5 5 5 5 Dr Kurkjian was always helpful and genuinely concerned about my well being. He is knowledgeable about psychology and also life in general. We have had many enjoyable discussions and I have always felt better and more motivated after having a session with him. I have found him to always be punctual and have not had to wait for him unless he was tied up helping another patient.
RID: 2306123

30/06/12 2 1 2 3 He was late and cut visits short; had an unhealthy desire to speak about sex; billed the wrong insurance company; tried to hit me up for full cost after I got all the receipts for deductibles; after the fact he stated the insurance company didn't pay or stopped paying but I never got notice from them. His secretary tried to talk me into paying whole thing out of pocket. He initially said he wouldn't accept me unless I was covered so presumed I was because of all the receipts for deductibles, but I never got notice from my insurance company. He knows my controlling physician who referred me to him and I gave him my insurance company card to copy, so has no excuse. Very fishy.
Insurance: United Healthcare