Rate Dr. Matthew E. Levy

Dr. Matthew E. Levy's Ratings

i cant blame the staff for being mean. it trickles down when the man u work for is rude inconsiderate and a self proclaimed know at all. so i am writing this to be as polite as possible, however the truth hurts sometimes. dr matthew e levy does not look at a patience history to see what meds they should and shouldn't take. he has given my girlfriend, who unfortunately is a type 1 diabetic a HRT which the FDA ruled against giving diabetics. as stated this medication is not to be mixed w any diabetic medication, it is also known to cause insulin resistance. my girlfriends quality of life is already at stake with the 8 autoimmune deceases. this combipatch he prescribed is not to be taken if u have thyroid problems and take meds for it. of course she has Hashimotos and dr levy overlooked that as well. it is now my life's goal to tell everyone who cross's paths with me that this dr is negligent and must only care about his money not the person. i WILL seek out another dr who cares.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2263065].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 22, 2014

Before making an appointment with Dr. Levy I read his reviews online. Most of them are negative. Undeterred, I made an appointment anyway. I only had to wait a week, and now I know why. First off, the receptionist couldn't have been more unfriendly and distracted. When I saw Dr. Levy and explained to him that I thought I had a thyroid disorder or hormone imbalance, he dismissed me because my thyroid tests were normal. When I told him I was having trouble losing weight even with diet and exercise, along with many other symptoms, he told me to "just count calories". I saw someone else who had enough sense to test my other hormone levels, and wouldn't you know it, progesterone and estrogen were way out of whack. Thanks for nothing Dr. Levy. Don't waste or time or money with this one.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][253454].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 21, 2014

He made me feel terrible about myself every visit for over a year! If I were a 100lbs overweigh it still wouldn't be right to treat someone this way. I can't believe he would suggest gastric bypass to patiends with 50lbs to lose that have been losing weight. He went as far as to refer surgeon's office to call me. A side note my 27 year-old best friend died after this procedure. I left in tears everytime and would find myself looking for excuses to cancel my appointments. Finally found a new Doctor and feeling better about going to my appointments.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][253453].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2013

Due yourself a favor and don't waste your life and time or put your health in this doctors hands. He is rude, egotistical, and pretends to have more knowledge then he actually does!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][253452].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 27, 2013

I found Dr. Levy to be very professional and knowledgeable. I had done my research and self diagnosed myself, From the moment I walked in we discussed my symptoms, labs, and he made a diagnosis and plan of action. I found him to be very personable unlike many docters who think they are GOD. He was truely caring and listened to all my concerns and was not intimidated by the research I had done on my own behalf. He and his staff were very accomidating. I would recommend him to family and friends without hesitation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][253451].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 23, 2011

His staff was okay. Dr. Levy himself was a HORRIBLE, mean, and condescending person. He treated me terribly, did nothing for me, and then billed me. He was unprofessional, and very nasty. DO NOT waste your time with this one, he cares for no one, just money.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][253450].votes_count ]]