Rate Dr. Robert V. Newman

Dr. Robert V. Newman's Ratings

Dr. Newman is an amazing Dr. He delivered my first 2 and if I should get pregnant again he will deliver my 3rd. He does have a dry sense of humor but he is knowledgeable, sweet and his staff cares.
He is always on time which I think is way more important then whether he was "sweet" to your husband. His office is always clean, again which is more important that he made a joke about how big you got ( we all do) say ditto and move along. :) he is great.

Submitted Sept. 8, 2014 | flag

Smug, unhelpful and rude describe this doctor. Good luck!

Submitted Aug. 30, 2014 | flag

Dr. Newman enters the room and his first statement to my husband? "Who's your 'lil buddy?" Second statement by Dr. Newman, "Was this a planned pregnancy or not?" Who cares? We are married and YES it was planned. The baby is now deceased----who cares if it was planned? Dr. Newman was physically rough with me and the ultrasound machine and I asked him to be gentle as I was in pain. He told me that I was all empty and no baby was inside of me. No need for a D&C. Phew! I was so relieved and went home to recover. Nine hours later I passed the baby. How did he miss that on the Ultrasound machine? What an incompetent doctor with poor equipment!

If you want poor care, awful bedside manner by Dr. Newman, disorganization and "old equipment"....visit PV OBGYN. They will have all four of those things waiting there for you!

Submitted Aug. 29, 2014 | flag

I was referred to Dr. Newman by my Reproductive Endocrinologist after finally achieving pregnancy, after 3 miscarriages & 7 ART cycles. My R.E. said that in my scenario, I needed the best. I was used to female docs, but he was absolutely right. Dr. Newman took very good care of me during that scary pregnancy, delivering my daughter on my due date without incident. Now, I am pleased to report that he will deliver my son in just two months. He is a tremendous physician who is very knowledgeable and cares about his patients. Dr. Newman is easy going, funny, & yes, sarcastic; however, when things get serious, he is all business. I know a nurse at Scottsdale Shea who works with him & she said he is the same way with staff; just trying to get a laugh and teasing everyone...harmless fun. They love working with him. When I found out about the new baby, there was no question who our OB would be. My husband thinks he is a great guy and trusts him completely. I am grateful, really, to have him.

Submitted Feb. 25, 2014 | flag

This Doctor's staff are difficult to work with. They get testy if a patient asks questions and they are not forthcoming about their procedures. My experience is that the doctor was not knowledgeable about hormone replacement therapy. I would never go back to this doctor.

Submitted Feb. 17, 2014 | flag

I could not believe how unprofessional Dr. Newman was at my first OB appt. I have delivered four babies previously, with various OB's and NEVER have I heard such inappropriate comments. His comments were rude and bordered on sexual harrassment in my opinion. Also during our vaginal exam, he did not bring in a nurse which made me VERY uncomfortable. I will not be returning to him!

Submitted May 8, 2012 | flag

my first pregnancy 18 yrs ago was with dr newman. i didn't go back w/my next two children. his bed side manner was horrible. he referred to me as fat constantly, was rude, arrogant and obviously had some issues against women. as i got out of my car for my early morning appt. he would comment that i'm going to need a bigger car. i went into labor around dinner and he acted like i ruined his dinner plans. he was horrible!! the only reason i write this is i'm back in the area and i'm shocked to see he still is in practice. be very leery ladies.

Submitted Sept. 7, 2011 | flag

I have been with Newman for four pregnancies. I switched to him because he is fairly pro vbac. I have been with him during routine pregnancies and one fairly disastrous one. While he is not for everyone, he is an outstanding doctor, that I trust completely and he is unbelievable when things go bad. He has a dry sense of humor that some people might not be up for, but the gals I know ALL love him. Just be prepared for him to say things like "Oh, look, same father this time." If you can handle that, then he is the best doc you will find.

Submitted April 10, 2011 | flag

I recently had a miscarriage, and he and his staff could not have been nicer about it. They seemed very compassionate and truly sad for me. I am now pregnant again and he saw me early (6 and a half weeks) to put my mind at ease. At this appointment he and his nurse, Mary, were awesome! They both recognized that I was nervous and got me back into the exam room very quickly so we could see the heartbeat. He has been my doctor for about 2 years now and I have never waited very long to see him. I am usually only waiting in the waiting room about 10 minutes tops before going to an exam room, which is remarkable for an OBGYN. He may not be for everyone, and he is rather grumpy if woken in the middle of the night to deliver, but if you can get past that small part he is a great doctor for the pregnancy and for well woman exams.

Submitted April 26, 2010 | flag

Doc Newman is the best! He's been my Doc for 16+ years and although I live out of town I still return to be in his care! You will not find a better Doc or Staff to care for you - He coordinates records and offers his recommendations with other providers and has always been move than attentive in whatever concern I have had - Doc Newman deserves and has my highest recommendation - I have great admiration and respect for this Doc!

Submitted Feb. 22, 2010 | flag