You may also like

Rate Dr. Robert V. Newman

Dr. Robert V. Newman's Ratings

I've had only the most positive experiences with Dr. Newman. He is a phenomenal physician, and has a wonderful bedside manner. He keeps things light with a hysterical dry sense of humor, but when things get serious, he is all business. He delivered a baby of mine at a very young age which was given up for adoption, and 16 years later he is still my physician and will be delivering my twins this summer. My husband loves him, and we both completely trust him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2828167].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

Dr. Newman was knowledgeable and supportive through my difficult pregnancy. His demeanor and professionalism and sense of humor were greatly appreciated. Highly recommend.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2793358].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

I had my daughter last September. I was seeing a different doctor at PV but when I went into labor my doctor was on vacation. To my dismay, dr. Newman was the doctor on call that night. I was separated from my husband when I gave birth so he was not there. Instead I had my mother and father there with me. It was my first baby so naturally I was freaking out. I pleaded with doctor Newman to let me have a c section. (I had a very long labor. It was 37 1/2 hours long without an epidural and I hadn't slept or eaten) Despite my pleads he insisted that I deliver naturally.. He made comments like, this is why sixteen year olds shouldn't have kids and things of that sort. I was 22 not 16 but that's still beside the point. I found him rude and his behavior uncalled for. He didn't respect me or my wishes. The only praise I give him is that he delivered my beautiful daughter naturally amd healthy.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2590884].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2014

Dr.Newman has a dry sense of humor but he is the best OBGYN I have ever been too. So sensitive women need to give a second thought before judging him

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2568621].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 8, 2014

Dr. Newman is an amazing Dr. He delivered my first 2 and if I should get pregnant again he will deliver my 3rd. He does have a dry sense of humor but he is knowledgeable, sweet and his staff cares.
He is always on time which I think is way more important then whether he was "sweet" to your husband. His office is always clean, again which is more important that he made a joke about how big you got ( we all do) say ditto and move along. :) he is great.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2528990].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2014

Smug, unhelpful and rude describe this doctor. Good luck!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2519316].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 30, 2014

Dr. Newman enters the room and his first statement to my husband? "Who's your 'lil buddy?" Second statement by Dr. Newman, "Was this a planned pregnancy or not?" Who cares? We are married and YES it was planned. The baby is now deceased----who cares if it was planned? Dr. Newman was physically rough with me and the ultrasound machine and I asked him to be gentle as I was in pain. He told me that I was all empty and no baby was inside of me. No need for a D&C. Phew! I was so relieved and went home to recover. Nine hours later I passed the baby. How did he miss that on the Ultrasound machine? What an incompetent doctor with poor equipment!

If you want poor care, awful bedside manner by Dr. Newman, disorganization and "old equipment"....visit PV OBGYN. They will have all four of those things waiting there for you!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2519039].votes_count ]]

Submitted Aug. 29, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Newman by my Reproductive Endocrinologist after finally achieving pregnancy, after 3 miscarriages & 7 ART cycles. My R.E. said that in my scenario, I needed the best. I was used to female docs, but he was absolutely right. Dr. Newman took very good care of me during that scary pregnancy, delivering my daughter on my due date without incident. Now, I am pleased to report that he will deliver my son in just two months. He is a tremendous physician who is very knowledgeable and cares about his patients. Dr. Newman is easy going, funny, & yes, sarcastic; however, when things get serious, he is all business. I know a nurse at Scottsdale Shea who works with him & she said he is the same way with staff; just trying to get a laugh and teasing everyone...harmless fun. They love working with him. When I found out about the new baby, there was no question who our OB would be. My husband thinks he is a great guy and trusts him completely. I am grateful, really, to have him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1995182].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2014

This Doctor's staff are difficult to work with. They get testy if a patient asks questions and they are not forthcoming about their procedures. My experience is that the doctor was not knowledgeable about hormone replacement therapy. I would never go back to this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1995181].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2014

I could not believe how unprofessional Dr. Newman was at my first OB appt. I have delivered four babies previously, with various OB's and NEVER have I heard such inappropriate comments. His comments were rude and bordered on sexual harrassment in my opinion. Also during our vaginal exam, he did not bring in a nurse which made me VERY uncomfortable. I will not be returning to him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1995183].votes_count ]]