Dr. Robert J. Bloomberg

Grad. Year: 1976

Answers Email: N
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 10 reviews. Dr. Robert J. Bloomberg has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

05/06/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.9
RID: 3601382
10/11/13 4 1 3 5 Dr Bloomberg runs consistently 1.5 - 2 HOURS behind schedule. At first I thought it was due to an emergency earlier in the day but I have discovered he purposely schedules this kind of wait-time. The staff can be defensive when asked about the wait, but they do try to be friendly and helpful. When you finally get to see the doctor he spends as much time with you as you need, but by the time he reaches me I'm fuming because of the long wait which leads to an unproductive office visit.
Insurance: United Healthcare
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Robert" to "Robert J."
RID: 2486636
30/11/12 3 4 5 5 i rated the staff in the middle because they are what they are,just about what you would normally encounter in any other dr. offices.i rated punctual pretty high because he is punctual unless he has an emergency call elsewhere.i rated helpfulness and knowledge high because, in my opinion he is the best dr. i have ever known and i have known quite a few !
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1528350
02/09/11 1 1 1 1 Due to this doctor switching my elderly dads medication, he was launched into a series of psychotic episodes, hospitalization, dehydration, toxic levels of medications and death with in a 3 month period. My dad had asked to NOT take the change of meds. This doctor called to tell me he had made a mistake in changing the meds. That is not sufficient for avoiding mal practice.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1458886
07/06/11 5 5 5 5 The finest Dr. in the world. Saved my life twice! 26 years going to him.GOD BLESS HIM!Hal Wochholz
Insurance: Tricare
RID: 1339923
18/01/11 1 1 1 1
Paid (or co-pay): $500
RID: 1336502
14/01/11 1 3 5 5 Front Office staff extremely rude and disrepectful.
Insurance: Assurant
RID: 962858
14/08/09 2 1 4 4 My wife and I both had him as primary for approx 7 years. Yes he is a very caring doctor, IF you can get an appointment to see him, and it's not his first one of the day. He was ALWAYS very late to see you. As much as 1.5 hours! Generally to get an appointment for an acute problem we had to see another doctor or nurse practitioner in his office. Staff ranged from very poor to good. We usually did get the care we needed or got a referral. So we stuck with him and made it work. Then he changed his practice and we had problems getting the care we needed - we no longer go to him.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 263753
06/04/07 5 5 5 Last month I lost my father, He was a patient of Dr Bloomberg. My father should have passed 8 years ago. The sheer odds that were against him. My family owes Dr Boomberg for the years that he gave my father. He truely is a TOP doctor. And when my dad passed Dr Bloomberg called my mom and spoke to her in some detail. Mom told me it was the first time that someone was able to give her true comfort. Folks, this doctor cares about his patients in my humble opinion he is a gifted human being. To Dr bloomberg thank you for everything. I wish I could do more to thank you.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 66980
08/12/06 5 5 5 I've been a patient of Dr. Bloomberg for 20 years. Following his examination he is generous with his time, ensuring I understand causes and effects of illnesses and my medications. When I had surgery, he saw me in my room and checked my progress each and every day. I have never had such comfort or confidence with a physician.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 29314
01/05/06 4 5 5 Dr. Bloomberg is listed as one of Phoenix's Top Doctors... and he is. No matter what, if I am ill, his office will squeeze me in. He is approachable and extremely knowledgeable.
Insurance: CIGNA