Rate Dr. Marc M. Sadowsky

Dr. Marc M. Sadowsky's Ratings

I saw Dr. Sadowsky from 1994 to 2008. During the first 6 years of treatment he helped me immensely, answered my calls and showed genuine concern for my medical needs. After that time my condition worsened and he began putting me on high doses of many types of medication until I was, virtually, incoherent. He also became very aloof toward me. When I finally told him that I was going to see another doctor he said that he was glad because he hadn't known what to do with my case for a long time. Too bad he didn't tell me that 6 years earlier. He'll never read this but I hope it helps somebody out there.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2515276].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2014

I have tried out numerous psychiatrists for anxiety and ADD. Dr. Sadowsky is the best out there. He combines medication with cognitive behavioral therapy (he also refers me to a psychologist for relaxation techniques). He is a Harvard graduate and is truly passionate about learning the latest trends in psychology. He reads up regularly on articles related to my issues and recommends them to me. His assistant, Tricia, is wonderful, and responds to you immediately. Dr. Sadowsky cares about your well-being, and is not a pill pusher, unlike many psychiatrists out there.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][722188].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 28, 2012

Dr. Sadowsky is truly a nice person and has an adorable sense of humor, which can be very helpful if you are depressed. He's gone out of his way to help me over the years. There are times when we don't get along, but things always go back to normal eventually. He gives you the time that you need and he returns calls. This is very important because from what I hear, returning calls is not a common habit among local psychiatrists. He also is willing to work with your other doctors if necessary. This also apparently is not common for psychiatrists. He doesn't meet with drug reps and I respect him for making this decision. But, the downside of all of this is that some of the billing and administrative staff at his practice seems incompetent. However, I have yet to find a doctor of any sort who employes competent office staff. Literally. Overall, if you must see a psychiatrist, I would see Dr.Sadowsky. Just stay on top of whether the office is acknowledging that you paid your bill.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][722187].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 15, 2012

I have been receiving treatment from Dr. Sadowsky for over ten years now. I have been happy and productive for about five years. Dr Sadowsky can sometimes come across as aloof, and we have actually argued but in the end he is very kind, funny, and not perfect. I would recommend him to anyone I cared about.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][722186].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 7, 2010

I have found this doctor to be very different according whatever his mood is. Helpful to people in pain and distress NOT to bad for patients in distress................

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][722185].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 11, 2010

The office staff in Salem is absolutely wonderful.Caring, knowledgeable, polite & prfessional. Dr Sadwosky is the smartest dr- i have seen about 3 different pysch in the last 15yrs & he is by far the best!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][722184].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 6, 2010

I would disagree with the person who called Dr. Sadowsky "caring" and "supportive". He is occasionally caring, but not always. I have not experienced him being supportive, but that doesn't mean he's not capable of it. I've been seeing him for quite a long time. He's not a bad guy. It just that it hasn't been my experience that he's "caring" and "supportive" so I wanted people to know there are differences of opinion about him. He knows what he's doing. But he'll assume you need more medication before he'll assume that your depression might be a result of something in your life that won't last very long and doesn't require medication. So, you end up on a LOT of medication. My psychologist says he tends to rely on medication more heavily than many other psychiatrists in the area. He seems to get annoyed if you don't agree with what he wants you to take/do. He gets a neutral recommendation from me, but I don't know that any of the others are any better so I don't bother switching

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][722183].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2009

Excellent Dr. Very knowledgable and has a great sense of humor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][722182].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2009

Dr. Sadowsky is great. He answers all of my questions. He is advises me in regards to my medications. I have been seeing him for over 5 years. I would highly recommend him if you are looking for someone who cares about his patients and takes your well being very seriously.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][722181].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2009

He's great! very caring and supportive. He listens and remembers..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][722180].votes_count ]]