Rate Dr. Michael J. Nusbaum

Dr. Michael J. Nusbaum's Ratings

Amazing surgeon. Wonderful support from the doctor and his staff. More of a concierge type surgeon in that they are vey responsive and truly give you a one on one feel. 10/10

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2518347].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 29, 2014

Best in the NY/NJ area. I live in Manhattan but my primary and my hand surgeon both told me to go to Dr Nusbaum only. They were right! As a professional newscaster, my weight was a problem for both my career and my health. I'm now 9 months out from surgery and I've lost more than I now weigh. Dr Nusbaum's skill, attention to detail and his compassion make him the best hands down!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2518250].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 29, 2014

Dr. Nusbaum is the best bariatric surgeon in NJ hands down! He did my sleeve in June of 2013. So far, I have lost 110lbs and I'm on my way to my goal of 150lbs. I can't say enough about this man. Caring, understanding, not quick to cut, excellent bedside manner and unsurpassed experience and knowledge. He's a 12 out of 10!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1995348].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 28, 2014

I went to see Dr Nusbaum after another surgeon terribly botched my surgery. No one would touch me. Dr. Nusbaum not only took care of me but repaired the leak that the other surgeon could not fix. I owe him my life and think the world of him. I can't say enough.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1995347].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2013

Dr. Nusbaum is great - I had lap band surgery almost 2 months ago and had no complications, incisions were sooo small and healed so quickly. (I've got worse scars from falling off my bike when I was 12) He really knows his stuff and his attention to detail is unsurpassed. In addition, he really stresses follow-up care and even gave me his cell phone number and told me to call him with any questions or problems I might have. I did call a couple times and my phone calls were returned within 24 hours. Excellent service. I would definitely recommend him to anyone considering weight loss surgery.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1995346].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 18, 2008

WHEN I FIRST THOUGHT ABOUT THE GASTRIC BYPASS, DR. NUSBAUM CONVINCED ME TO MAKE SURE I TRIED EVERYTHING. HE WAS IN NO RUSH TO CUT ME OPEN LIKE SOME DOCTORS DO FOR MONEY. AFTER A YEAR AND A HALF OF TRYING I LOST 150LBS ON ATKINS. I LOST MY DAD AND GAINED MORE THAN THAT BACK. I WENT TO DR. NUSBAUM AND EXPLAINED TO HIM WHAT HAD HAPPENED AND ASSURED HIM I WAS READY. HE WENT IN TO DETAIL ABOUT THE SURGERY AND PRACTICALLY GUARANTEED ME THAT IT WOULD BE SUCCESSFUL. I HAD MY SURGERY ON MARCH 22, 2007 AND HAVE LOST 112LBS SO FAR. MY SCARS ARE DANG NEAR INVISIBLE AND WHENEVER I HAVE A QUESTION, I CALL HIS OFFICE AND IF HE IS NOT WITH A PATIENT, HE IS MORE THAN WILLING TO GET ON THE PHONE AND ALWAYS ASKS HOW I AM DOING. HE REALLY CARES ABOUT THE SUCCESS OF PEOPLE. HE HAS NO EGO. HE IS JUST SURE OF HIMSELF AND HAS A GREAT PERSONALITY AND A GOOD HEART. I LOVE HIM AND WOULD SUGGEST TO ANYBODY THINKING ABOUT THE SURGERY TO TALK TO DR. NUSBAUM. HE IS TRULY THE BEST! SINCERELY, BRENDA T.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1995345].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2007

Dr. N is the greatest. He did my Laproscope Bypass 6 months ago. Since then I have lost one hundred pounds and still going strong. He is so understanding and compashionate. I just love hiim. If youre looking for a bypass surgeon then you have to check out Dr. N. He's like the only center of excellence surgeon in north NJ and there are none in NYC. He's done over 2000 bypasses and almost 1000 bands and has never lost anyone! He's a 10/10.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1995344].votes_count ]]