Rate Dr. Ursula Star-Adamczyk

Dr. Ursula Star-Adamczyk's Ratings

Ladies ladies please never judge a Doctor by there bedside manner. Dr Star knows her stuff plain and simple. She doesn't have to be extra nice because she is confident in her work. I always choose my Doctor based on thier expertise. Dr Star just gave me a hysterectomy yesterday. I can honestly say it went very smooth and the anasticiologist and surgical staff where she performed my procedure had nothing but rave reviews on her. I was very nervouse these people are not her staff but work at one of the hospitals she does surgery out of. Then all calmed me and told me I have the very best surgeon. Although I have the normal discomfort I feel everything went very smooth :)

Submitted Sept. 19, 2012 | flag

To make a long story short, I have been Dr. Star's patient for at least 5 years. I never cancelled/rescheduled an appointment with her until now. I called for her to call in my prescription for that night because I needed to start my birth control. The secretary forgot to give her that message. When she finally called, she said I was supposed to come in for a visit with her. I had to explain that I rescheduled bcuz I had the flu as if I'm a child being scolded. She then asked what the number was of the pharmacy. I looked it up quickly bcuz she seemed agitated and she had to call me back. It was wrong. She said "Can you give me a number where someone actually answers?" She just seemed rude and unhelpful. I was bothering her. It wasn't my fault she hadn't received my message from earlier. Also, I wait at least 45 minutes every time to get in to my appointment. Then at least 30 in the waiting room. I decided to go to Dr. Amy Miller McCarthy. She's more caring.

Submitted Nov. 7, 2011 | flag

I also can not believe the negative comments. I have only the best things to say about Dr.Star. She was always very caring and understanding. Returned my every phone call almost immiedietely. Doctor Star always has been there for me and I would recommend her very highly to everyone.

Submitted June 10, 2011 | flag

I don't know that I agree with the other comments that she was very cold and uncaring. She is just not the person if you are looking for a strong patient-doctor relationship. I have waited an average of 45 minutes to get in to see her in my last 4 visits, and then another 20 minutes to see her after getting to the exam room. I feel she has WAY too many patients and was always rushing to get to the next. She didn't ask many questions about me - as I went through 2 miscarriages with her, and no successful pregnancies to date. Also, I had to call the office to get results from my D&C and blood tests - she doesn't call when they come in. She just seems too busy to give you the time of day. With trying to have our first baby - she is not the doctor that is supportive or has the time to answer questions or give you the care you might be looking for. Just very frustrated with the overall service I received.

Submitted March 30, 2011 | flag

I would never recommend Dr. Star to my worst enemy! If you want the best Doctor who cares DO NOT go to Dr. Star! On top of the worst experience I had with her I ALWAYS waited at least 45 minutes past my scheduled appointment time! If you are looking around for a great Doctor do not go see Dr. Star.

Submitted Jan. 30, 2011 | flag

I really can't believe all the bad reviews. She has always been helpful for me, and I have United Healthcare! Her staff has always been kind and imformative to me also. Yes doctor Star, is Straight and to the point. She doesn't sugar coat things. So if unfortunately if you are light hearted and can't handle the truth don't go to her. She is very informative about all the different procedures, you just have to ask.

Submitted Jan. 3, 2011 | flag

She is a very cold, arrogant, selfish doctor. She has no problem scheduling c-sections and inductions for people with language barriers, but for us physically disabled women she insists on forcing us to live in terrible pain and suffering, dismissing every concern and excusing herself from her responsibilites as a doctor to provide reasonable care. She thinks she knows everything, and doesnt care how you feel at all. She wants to make you come back time and again, refusing to provide relief, so she can get her money. Her ego is comparable to that of Dr. Craft who should not even be able to practice medicine. She may be a woman but she has no compassion or empathy for those still able to breed!

Submitted Dec. 15, 2010 | flag

I would not recommend this dr to anyone. I chose her specifically because I wanted a woman dr. I am generally uncomfortable using a male GYN and she was the only one in the Lakeshore group. However, she is super cold and comes off as very uncaring. I asked around in her office and at my GP to see it was just me, and I was assured that she has a reputation for being this way, but that she was a good doctor and so I stayed. I hate going to see her, I wish I had switched and gone to anyone else. She has no interest in how I am doing, in how I feel, in answering my questions and comes off as though I am just a bother. I did wonder if having United Healthcare was the issue. When I read the comments I noticed that other people with state insurance have had similar experiences. My husband is a realtor and times have been rough the last couple of years. He took a second job just to pay the bills. We are still real people and deserve to be treated as such.

Submitted Dec. 6, 2010 | flag

Waited over 30 minutes and the Annual exam took less then 10 minutes. Very few questions were asked even though this was my first visit. I had concerns but was given no opportunity to discuss them. I have no idea how knowledgeable she is since we barely talked. I will be finding a new Dr. Very poor bedside manner.

Submitted Aug. 23, 2010 | flag

This was the worst experience of my life. Being that this was my first baby I was nervous and had a lot of questions, so I was praying for a good OB. She was not informative and had a cold bedside manner. When I had concerns, she would communicate through her MA first and when she finally saw me she would act as though the questions were never brought up. Any test results or procedures she had done were not explained to me unless I asked and at best were given very short, curt answers. I found out via a large med bill that she had authorized some genetic testing be done without any of my knowledge. I saw her again thinking my initial impression may be skewed but it only confirmed my suspicions. The only good thing I got out of this experience was the kind tech who performed my ultrasound(s). I forgot her name but she handled me with such care and was much more informative when it came to my baby. Needless to say, I found another OB who is the best. I'm thankful I found her!

Submitted Aug. 18, 2010 | flag