Dr. Ursula Star-Adamczyk

Grad. Year: 1978

Answers Email: N
Online Appt. Scheduling: Y
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 02/06/12    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.2 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 27 reviews. Dr. Ursula Star-Adamczyk has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 2429167
19/09/12 5 5 5 5 Ladies ladies please never judge a Doctor by there bedside manner. Dr Star knows her stuff plain and simple. She doesn't have to be extra nice because she is confident in her work. I always choose my Doctor based on thier expertise. Dr Star just gave me a hysterectomy yesterday. I can honestly say it went very smooth and the anasticiologist and surgical staff where she performed my procedure had nothing but rave reviews on her. I was very nervouse these people are not her staff but work at one of the hospitals she does surgery out of. Then all calmed me and told me I have the very best surgeon. Although I have the normal discomfort I feel everything went very smooth :)
RID: 1585018
07/11/11 3 2 1 3 To make a long story short, I have been Dr. Star's patient for at least 5 years. I never cancelled/rescheduled an appointment with her until now. I called for her to call in my prescription for that night because I needed to start my birth control. The secretary forgot to give her that message. When she finally called, she said I was supposed to come in for a visit with her. I had to explain that I rescheduled bcuz I had the flu as if I'm a child being scolded. She then asked what the number was of the pharmacy. I looked it up quickly bcuz she seemed agitated and she had to call me back. It was wrong. She said "Can you give me a number where someone actually answers?" She just seemed rude and unhelpful. I was bothering her. It wasn't my fault she hadn't received my message from earlier. Also, I wait at least 45 minutes every time to get in to my appointment. Then at least 30 in the waiting room. I decided to go to Dr. Amy Miller McCarthy. She's more caring.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1461438
10/06/11 5 3 5 5 I also can not believe the negative comments. I have only the best things to say about Dr.Star. She was always very caring and understanding. Returned my every phone call almost immiedietely. Doctor Star always has been there for me and I would recommend her very highly to everyone.
Respond

18/04/11 SYSTEM: 2 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1402451
30/03/11 2 1 3 3 I don't know that I agree with the other comments that she was very cold and uncaring. She is just not the person if you are looking for a strong patient-doctor relationship. I have waited an average of 45 minutes to get in to see her in my last 4 visits, and then another 20 minutes to see her after getting to the exam room. I feel she has WAY too many patients and was always rushing to get to the next. She didn't ask many questions about me - as I went through 2 miscarriages with her, and no successful pregnancies to date. Also, I had to call the office to get results from my D&C and blood tests - she doesn't call when they come in. She just seems too busy to give you the time of day. With trying to have our first baby - she is not the doctor that is supportive or has the time to answer questions or give you the care you might be looking for. Just very frustrated with the overall service I received.
RID: 1350502
30/01/11 3 1 1 1 I would never recommend Dr. Star to my worst enemy! If you want the best Doctor who cares DO NOT go to Dr. Star! On top of the worst experience I had with her I ALWAYS waited at least 45 minutes past my scheduled appointment time! If you are looking around for a great Doctor do not go see Dr. Star.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1325913
03/01/11 5 5 5 5 I really can't believe all the bad reviews. She has always been helpful for me, and I have United Healthcare! Her staff has always been kind and imformative to me also. Yes doctor Star, is Straight and to the point. She doesn't sugar coat things. So if unfortunately if you are light hearted and can't handle the truth don't go to her. She is very informative about all the different procedures, you just have to ask.
RID: 1315538
15/12/10 5 3 1 1 She is a very cold, arrogant, selfish doctor. She has no problem scheduling c-sections and inductions for people with language barriers, but for us physically disabled women she insists on forcing us to live in terrible pain and suffering, dismissing every concern and excusing herself from her responsibilites as a doctor to provide reasonable care. She thinks she knows everything, and doesnt care how you feel at all. She wants to make you come back time and again, refusing to provide relief, so she can get her money. Her ego is comparable to that of Dr. Craft who should not even be able to practice medicine. She may be a woman but she has no compassion or empathy for those still able to breed!
RID: 1308437
06/12/10 5 3 2 4 I would not recommend this dr to anyone. I chose her specifically because I wanted a woman dr. I am generally uncomfortable using a male GYN and she was the only one in the Lakeshore group. However, she is super cold and comes off as very uncaring. I asked around in her office and at my GP to see it was just me, and I was assured that she has a reputation for being this way, but that she was a good doctor and so I stayed. I hate going to see her, I wish I had switched and gone to anyone else. She has no interest in how I am doing, in how I feel, in answering my questions and comes off as though I am just a bother. I did wonder if having United Healthcare was the issue. When I read the comments I noticed that other people with state insurance have had similar experiences. My husband is a realtor and times have been rough the last couple of years. He took a second job just to pay the bills. We are still real people and deserve to be treated as such.
RID: 1234825
23/08/10 3 1 1 2 Waited over 30 minutes and the Annual exam took less then 10 minutes. Very few questions were asked even though this was my first visit. I had concerns but was given no opportunity to discuss them. I have no idea how knowledgeable she is since we barely talked. I will be finding a new Dr. Very poor bedside manner.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 1231745
18/08/10 2 1 1 1 This was the worst experience of my life. Being that this was my first baby I was nervous and had a lot of questions, so I was praying for a good OB. She was not informative and had a cold bedside manner. When I had concerns, she would communicate through her MA first and when she finally saw me she would act as though the questions were never brought up. Any test results or procedures she had done were not explained to me unless I asked and at best were given very short, curt answers. I found out via a large med bill that she had authorized some genetic testing be done without any of my knowledge. I saw her again thinking my initial impression may be skewed but it only confirmed my suspicions. The only good thing I got out of this experience was the kind tech who performed my ultrasound(s). I forgot her name but she handled me with such care and was much more informative when it came to my baby. Needless to say, I found another OB who is the best. I'm thankful I found her!
RID: 1127160
13/03/10 5 3 5 4 She is bit cold at first, but is very caring and compassionate person as I get to know her. She encouraged me during the labor as if she was my aunt. Both my husband and I are very happy with her and definitely will go back to her with our second baby. She is very experienced and made my labor easier. She and her nurses are also very good at returning calls with all kinds of questions and never made me feel stupid asking various questions.
RID: 1113000
23/02/10 3 4 5 5 Dr. Star cared for me with the greatest compassion and good humor. She made my incredibly long labor bearable and treated my son like a treasure when I finally agreed to c-section. I find it very hard to believe that so many have such negative feelings about her.
RID: 1088375
25/01/10 2 3 1 1 I also had an unpleasant experience with this doctor. I saw her once and not going to see her again. I don't usually read reviews of doctors and try to make my own opinion...this time I wish I had read the reviews first. My opinion seems to be validated from other comments listed, that she has a bad reputation of care with people with "United Healthcare" insurance (considering that this is the limited option for state insurance carriers). Whatever her issue is...I don't appreciate being treated like a second class citizen. The reception staff at the hospital location was also unfriendly and incompetent. The only upside about the visit was that it was over FAST. If you expect some kind of information about your health or care, this doctor is NOT for you.
RID: 802268
27/02/09 1 3 1 3 I only visited her once and there is a reason why. She has very poor bed side manners. She made feel that I was taking up her time. She was very quick with the annual exam which is nice, but at the same time you do not want to be rushed when it comes to talking about your health. She is one of the worse Doctors I have ever dealt with and I was in the military for 4 years, so I can handle straight forward talking Doctors. I highly advise not to see her. Remember if she has no patients she has no practice and even if your insurance company covers everything you still are paying for being treated poorly and no one deserves that.
RID: 600808
28/05/08 2 5 2 5 I feel I was not given proper information when I was diagnosed with sever dysplasia. I learned everything on my own from the internet. I was very scared and felt I did not get the warm greeting and explainations you would expect from a Dr. and staff. On the other hand Dr. Star did call me herself with all test results in a timely manner which was appreciated. With the lack of information I received I felt the need for a second opinion which also resulted in changing Doctors. I do not think she is a bad Dr. You just have to do what you feel is best for you and your health!  Respond
RID: 539281
15/03/08 3 3 1 3 Dr.Star is not as personable as I would like to see in a doctor. When I had a low lying placenta, she bearly mentioned it to me even when I asked her what that meant and I looked it up myself. I also caught her talking about me in a very rude manner when I was having concerns about my pregnancy within the last week of the third trimester. I was disappointed to see her that way since I really tried to get out of her way as much as possible when I went to the montly visits. She always seemed in such a hurry and didn't have time to explain much to me. Overall, she's fine if you like doctors who don't give you any answers. I was not really happy with her approach with me during my whole pregnancy. Fortunately, my baby is fine even though I just found out about her million dollar lawsuit about paralyzing a baby during delivery.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 519627
20/02/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Star-A is very good, she is very personable, and makes your yearly exam one not to dread. She does things quickly but thoroughly. I like her system, and I have recommended many people to go see her.
RID: 476170
04/01/08 5 5 5 5 My regular doctor missed my delivery telling me he was sick. Instead I had Dr. Adamczyk for my delivey . My husband and I thought she was wonderful! She really connected with me through the delivery process. I am pregnant again and have decided she is the doctor I trust for my family.
RID: 376847
31/07/07 1 1 1 1 they had me reschedule two appointments, because after swiping for badger care, they said I was denied, the second time I had someone from badger care on the phone who confirmed I had straight title 19, they then said they would see me, and after I got off the phone with badger care office. They then informed me the doctor would not see me.  Respond
RID: 236168
27/03/07 5 4 4 Dr. Star-Adamczyk responds quickly to my complaints and questions. I like her. She called me herself with test results in a timely manner. I think her office visit price was very high but she maintains 2 locations for the convenience of her patients. That's difinetly a plus.
RID: 210824
18/03/07 1 1 1 I agree with with all the negaitve comments about her. The overall visit with her was very unprofessional. She does not even ask how you are doing. She just want to get in and get the exam over with and walks out. She is NOT a people person. They also cancel appointments without even letting the patient know. Everytime I call to even ask a quetions no one gets back to me. And they always say that the Doctor is not in. I Don't agree with the last comment about rating the Doctor and not the Recipitionist, because she should have a more organized office. Including the recipitonist. If the the doctors office you are visiting is very unorganized it also affects the rumor of the doctor. She should atleast pretend she cares about the patients health instead of being so freakin rude.
RID: 60525
30/11/06 4 5 5 Amazingly the previous poster is filled with hate. Anyways, I found her to be great. Although, I must warn, I am not one of those people that goes around angry at the world and complaining about every little detail like a freakin receptionist. (It's rate the MD not the secretary people!)  Respond
RID: 43244
01/09/06 2 3 3 Dr. Star has a horrible receptionist that is rude. She is always late with no explaination. She says she'll call with results, you wait by the phone all night, the call never comes then you spend the next day trying to track her down. I will now be looking for a new doctor.
RID: 40303
10/08/06 2 5 5 very nice doctor pollite, and understanding nothing negative to say about her
RID: 34810
06/07/06 5 4 5 Very nice. My mother-in-law is a lactation consultant and has found her to be very competent and an excellent doctor when in the delivery room.
Paid (or co-pay): $300
RID: 34578
04/07/06 5 5 5 Dr. Star is a wonderful and compassionate doctor. I am surprised at the previous comment since she came highly recommended to by other friends of mine.
RID: 413237
10/10/05 3 1 2 During my visit I felt that I was treated horribly.I would NEVER recommend this doctor to my family and friends.  I felt this visit was a complete waste of time and money.Overall I would rate this visit : AWFUL!  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user