Dr. James T. SHAFER

Grad. Year:

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 30/03/12    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 5 reviews. Dr. James T. SHAFER has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: What insurance does he take?    Email me    Answer it

Psychologist-related: counseling, psychological trauma, psychological problems, mental illness
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 3658884
17/01/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Shafer is one of the most genuine and caring individuals I have met. He works in partnership with his patients, and listens with intent to absorb not only the patient's words, but also the unstated feelings behind what is being said. He is available at anytime, and encourages you to speak your mind. I have seen him for 2+ years through death of family members, job loss, and general challenges. Through it all, I never felt alone and always felt supported and safe. I have referred many people to Dr. Shafer, each of whom has found him as described. Dr. Shafer not only loves what he does, but truly cares and works to make the patient's life better.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
Respond

12/01/14 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 3652395
10/01/14 5 5 5 5 Before I started seeing Dr. Shafer three years ago, I had been to two other therapists and had formed a negative opinion of therapy. After my very first meeting with Dr. Shafer, I felt very hopeful about the process of therapy and the rest of my life. Dr. Shafer helped me with my depression, anxiety, self-esteem and other "disorders". I tell everyone I know about him and how he saved my life when I was starting to think there was no point to living. Two of my family members have also see him. I have learned so much from Dr. Shafer - about myself, others and the world. Dr. Shafer is an empathetic, respectful and highly skilled therapist who can guide a person to peace and joy. He has immense knowledge, wisdom and a truly special gift to relate to people and help them. No matter what you are struggling with, Dr. Shafer can help you.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 3635286
18/12/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Shafer is a godsend. I met him at the lowest point in my life and he helped me defeat my demons and learn to trust in myself. He is very empathetic yet he "speak the truth" from facts not just his opinion on the situation. He gave me tools that I use in my life that help keep me on track. As far as I concerned he's the best thrrapist one could use.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 3633058
16/12/13 5 5 5 5 He's the best therapist ever! Has genuine concern for patients and very professional in handling matters.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 3625815
05/12/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Shafer helped heal my depression by his immense knowledge, empathy, and encouragement. I have had 10 other therapists in my life before Dr. Shafer and not one of the others ever helped me get any relief from my misery. Thanks to Dr. Shafer, today I am far from being miserable and I now have peace and joy!
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield