Dr. DAPHNE J. ARTIS

Grad. Year: 1982

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.2 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 7 reviews. Dr. DAPHNE J. ARTIS has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Psychologist-related: counseling, psychological trauma, psychological problems, mental illness
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

21/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "DAPHNE" to "DAPHNE J."
RID: 2847125
09/09/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Artis is very an excellent therapist. You must be willing to do the work (get real about yourself) in order for her therapy to work, if you come in trying to find ways around your reality, then it won't work. The more you put into it the better results. As they say, you could lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 2654288
21/05/13 4 2 5 5 First the bad: She's often running late which makes me a little crazy. Good thing I have a psych appointment right after that happens, right? ;) Other than that, I think she's a great doctor although after seeing her for quite a while her analogies are starting to repeat!
Paid (or co-pay): $150
RID: 2441870
09/10/12 3 3 1 3 I came in there due to problems on the job with a work place bully. Because I was strong in other relationships she assumed that I could handle this bully. I mentioned if I could work another department to get away from this person, and Dr. Artis indicated that " I had the nerve to be picky" because jobs were hard to come by amongst other things. This Dr. was so not helpful, and thank God I was able to find another Dr. who really listened and cared more about me than doing whats perceived as "right" for the sake of the company. I was at the point of considering hurting someone "going postal" as they say, but I'm calm and hard to read so I can be perceived as having it going on, so a doctor really has to allow feelings to be expressed and not think eveyone is just trying to get out of work. This doctor did not put my best interest in the forefront.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 1856900
06/04/12 5 5 5 5 She is a great listener with a gentle personality. She was able to explain things in a way that made sense. I was afraid that too much of our issues would be deep psychological problems that would take long and confusing words to describe, but she treated us like people and worked hard to help my husband and I communicate.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1448683
24/05/11 5 5 5 5 Dr Artis is very knowledgeable. The consummate professional, she takes time to help educate patients about themselves without getting lost in clinical jargon. She often said what needed to be said vice what we wanted to hear. I would recommend her to others.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 1400962
29/03/11 5 5 5 5 She was very helpful. Unlike most doctors she actually showed a connection with me. She was a great listener. Not only did she help me overcome my depression but she help me better strengthen my marriage. I recommended her to everyone!
Insurance: Kaiser-Permanente
Paid (or co-pay): $500
RID: 1365039
16/02/11 2 3 2 3 In my opinion she was not a great listener, as she interrupted a lot and did not hear us out.
Insurance: United Healthcare