Rate Dr. Alfred W. Forrester

Dr. Alfred W. Forrester's Ratings

Abandoned me as a patient without any help. I would not recommend such an arrogant doctor.

Submitted May 1, 2013 | flag

The patients who listed Dr. Forrester so highly obviously never had a differnce of opinion with him. When I was in extreme distress over my medications and contacted him on the phone, he didn't want to talk about options...he told me what he thought and told me if I didn't like his point of view that I was welcome to go see someone else. This devastated me and I became very emotional, almost pleading with him to hear me out so that we might compromise. He remained cold and distant, eventually hanging up on me! I was in Sheppard Pratt 2 days later where they helped me with my medications that Forrester should have been able to handle. Before I was discharged from the hospital, I had to have an appointment set up with a pdoc and I didn't know who to see so I thought I would let the hospital setup an appt. for me to see Dr. Forrester. At least until I could find another doctor. He refused to see me. This is a very cold man...does not show any empathy. Warning: find someone else.

Submitted May 10, 2011 | flag

Forrester has been very respectful of me as a human being. While I suffered dammageing effects from meds by previous, more arrongant doctors, He had the decency to ask me if I had noticed any side effects from medications first. He was willing to negogiate and explain any questions I had. His secretary is a cheery and understanding woman. As another poster mentioned, he does come across as dry, and he won't tolerate disruptive behavior in his office, but he is open and willing to listen to oppositional opinions and willing to compromise. You won't regret having him.

Submitted June 5, 2009 | flag

He is a dry Doctor, but don't let this fool you, he is very compassonate and knowledgable, he wants the best for this patience. He is an excellent psychiatrist.

Submitted May 6, 2008 | flag

He is a good doctor. He is extremely knowledgeable on medications. Worth going to see. He is very thorough.

Submitted Feb. 12, 2008 | flag

I saw Dr.Forrester for about 3 years until I moved out of the state and he was the best psychiatrist I ever did see. He is the most knowledgable and compassionate doctor I have seen in this field and I would reccomend him to anyone.

Submitted May 20, 2007 | flag

I have seen this doctor for approximately three visits and would not recommend him. He is not compassionate and rude. He watches the clock and when he feels your time is up, he rushes you out the door, no more questions. He actually told me this on two occasions in the middle of a question. Don't waste your time or money! I don't know how the other people on this website rate him so high, I went to him based on these ratings and boy was he totally opposite of what I expected. First of all, he is emotionless, and doesn't even seem to care about you. You are just another patient and another $ for him. Trust me, don't waste your time, find another Dr. who is more compassionate and at least willing to listen to your questions. I've been to many Dr.'s and he was by far the rudest, most inconsiderate Dr. I have ever seen.

Submitted Oct. 3, 2006 | flag

Very compassionate,caring and empathetic. Well versed in addictions and truly knows medications.

Submitted April 25, 2006 | flag