Rate Dr. Louis Stern

Dr. Louis Stern's Ratings

Dr. Stern is the absolute best. He's got a dry sense of humor (which I found hilarious) and is very kind. But, most importantly, he's incredibly knowledgeable and skilled. If you talk to staff at Winnie Palmer, most of them know him and will immediately sing his praises. I had a traumatic birth experience and felt 100% comfortable and safe in his hands-and both my baby and I were just fine. He exceeded all my expectations and I would go to him again in a second.

Submitted April 25, 2013 | flag

Dr. Louis Stern has a dry sense of humor but is a very good doctor and very knowledgeable. He gets straight to the point. He listened to all my concerns and did not over react, which also kept me at ease, during and after both of my pregnancies. Both of my pregnancies were scheduled c-sections. He provided detailed and accurate instructions, so I knew just what to do about caring for my self and my baby once I got home. His staff is great too. The only issue I had is that the lady that is in charge of collecting payment at the front desk makes you feel like you have to pay your balance in full before the delivery is even performed. I went through this experience with both my pregnancies, even though I over paid in full for my first pregnancy which they ended up reimbursing me, The lady still acted as if I would not pay the Doctor in full for the second delivery. She's weird, but other than that I would recommend him to anyone. He is amazing!

Submitted April 8, 2012 | flag

8/2011The BEST DR. BY FAR. I have medicaid and was concerned to find a good Dr., however I did. I am so greatful for Dr. Stern. He delivered my first born and I had a wonderful experience. He is very professional yet very concerned for you and your newborn. We found out I had gestational diabetes and gestational high blood pressure, and was taken care of accordingly and quickly. My daughter was born via csection at 10lbs and 1.05 oz on May11, even for a big baby, I have a small thin scar! I was comfortable in his office and with his great staff! If I ever have any more children, I will be going back to his office in a heart beat and I plan to continue to have him as my Obgyn. I would highly reccommend him to any woman looking forward to a great and wonderful birthing experience! Heads up though he does move quickly and if you have questions he will answer gladly, don't be scared to ask! Thank you Dr. Stern

Submitted Oct. 31, 2011 | flag

I credit Dr. Stern with saving the lives of my triplets. I went into labor between 25 and 26 weeks and he worked with the team at the hospital to hold me out to deliver until 29 and 1/2 weeks. I had 5 total trips to the hospital in all and was in there over 5 weeks. Dr. Stern visited me every single day I was there. He kept those nurses on their toes and I had the best care one can imagine. Born at only 2 lbs 3 oz, 2 lbs 8 oz, and 2 lbs 12 oz, my babies were lucky. Even my husband thinks Dr. Stern is the reason our children survived because every day he kept them inside me gave them a fighting chance. I talked to Dr. Stern several times during the middle of the night and always thought he had my (and my childrens) best interest at heart. I can never thank him enough. On a funny note, I will also never forget him racing into the surgery room (I had an emergency c-section) and he said "time to get the kids out of the pool." - My husband and I still laugh about that.

Submitted Aug. 24, 2011 | flag

Dr. Stern cares about his patients. I have witnessed that I am more than a number in his office. I'm thankful to God for him

Submitted June 7, 2011 | flag

Excellent doctor. I went to Dr. Stern after I moved from NY when I was about 26 weeks pregnant. He is friendly, polite and careful. My husband attended all of my prenatal visits and that was no problem. I wound up being induced and Dr. Stern was on site much earlier than I expected. He was great during the delivery. I needed some stitches and have since healed just fine. His office staff is wonderful -- very friendly and courteous. I was hesitant to go to a male doctor, but he is great. Highly recommend.

Submitted May 31, 2011 | flag

Dr. Stern is absolutely amazing! I never doubted the safety of myself or my child while in his care. He has such a great sense of humor and is very no nonsense about the care he gives to his patients. I would recommend him highly to any who "just feels like a number" at their current obgyn. He will make you feel like family!

Submitted July 14, 2010 | flag

Dr. Stern is a wonderful doctor, very polite, knowledgeable, will listen to you and give you the time necessary. I have a very bad experience with another OBGYN where I had two miscarriages and if it wasn't for Dr. Stern my son was going to end up in miscarriage as well. He delivered both of my son's. I've had a wonderful experience and will reccoment him to my friends. He is outstanding. Thank you Dr. Stern!!!

Submitted Jan. 16, 2010 | flag

Dr. Stern has delivered all four of my children over the past ten years. He is patient, understanding, cautious yet concientious of your time. He takes his time to find out what will work for his patients and exhibits behavior that shows he truly cares for them. I would recommend him to my mother, daughter, or best friend. Dr. Stern is as good as they come!

Submitted Dec. 28, 2009 | flag

After going through three OB/GYN Dr. Stern has been the only one to diagnose my medical problems and get me the proper treatment to have a child of my own. He is professional and very understandable. Satyed with me through out the hole delivery time and made sure that myself and my baby were in good shape prior to delivery. Dr. Stern YOU ARE AWESOME!

Submitted March 4, 2009 | flag