Rate Dr. Prashant Pandya

Dr. Prashant Pandya's Ratings

My son had 4 wisdom teeth removed and the procedure went fine. My problem is with the dishonesty of the office staff. They insisted I pay before insurance came through. I ended up overpaying by more than $900. They will not send back my overpayment. I even had my insurance company call to help. They office staff was very rude to the insurance agent and lied and said a check had been sent to me. When I call the office I am given the complete runaround and the person I need to talk to is always at lunch or busy and will call me back. I never get a call back. I would not recommend this oral surgeon based on the unprofessional manner in which the office is run.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2265856].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 25, 2014

I was very anxious - had to have a wisdom tooth extracted - the doc was a pain in the butt about gassing me because I was nervous - I repeatedly said I didn't want it - he had a look on his face that I wanted to smack because I didn't want it. He finally after repeatingly trying to convince me to gas up told his tech to numb me - he walked out with such a distain look that I wish I weren't in so much pain from my tooth hurting or I would have walked out. I asked me how long it would take to extract the tooth & he said 15 min (it took less then 10 secs). The tech told me all these instructions - who the heck remembers this stuff? I asked her to write it town she looked at me and said no I should remember (didn't remember a thing)- had to call my regular dds and asked her what to do. Would I recommend? NOT IN YOUR LIFE

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2265855].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 27, 2014

Dr. did a fine job. I paid out of pocket since I was told that I couldn't have oral surgery without first paying since my CIGNA insurance was not yet authorized. OK. $1,200 paid by me with agreement that CIGNA contract with Dr. would take over and I would be reimbursed any overpayment from insurance. Again, I have no significant problems with Dr. Insurance came through and paid Dr. their contracted rate between each other. I was told by CIGNA that I only needed to pay $63. Well...it took a while but Dr. finally sent me a check for $799. Like pulling teeth actually, getting that check. If you do math, I am still owed $230 or so. Office staff doesn't follow my request to have explanation sent to me. They certainly are nice on the phone but then I get the blow off time and time again. "Yes, yes, we can send you an email explaining why the $230 didn't get paid to you! Have a great day!" Meanwhile, I get a one-page email simply showing charges. Just explain Dr., PLEASE.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][258773].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 28, 2013

dr pandaya was nice at first i really liked him until he found out i didnt want narcotics due to the fact i was recovering from addiction to pain medicine, i was like fresh out of addiction i had a little over a year clean but once he found that out he treated me different, well i was in a lot of pain because i had 5 wisdom teeth out ( i had an extra tooth in my jaw coming in sideways) and one of my wounds got infected badly. he went into my mouth (on monday it got infected friday, had the surgery thursday) and just squeezed my wound like a pimple making it flood out all of the nasty puss making me gag because it started to pour down my throat, i started crying because well it HURT! it was very swollen inflammed and painful and he didnt even numb it, as soon as i started gagging he got up and told his assistant to "clean me up" and as he walked out of the room said " sorry i cant give you any pain medicine your in rehab " at that point i started crying hystarically with how COLD he was

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][258772].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 27, 2012

I was oversedated and rushed out of the office way too soon. I was violently ill.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][258771].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 26, 2012

Dr. Pandya dis a great job in restoring my missing teeth with dental implants. He was kind and caring and I would recommend him to anyone who needs a great surgeon in the Tampa bay area!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][258770].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2012

I had all 4 wisdom teeth removed, 1 of which was impacted and sideways. I'm so glad i got all 4 removed because the only one that hurt was the problematic one. Very comforting and professional. Great surgeon!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][258769].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 12, 2012

I got the first implant in my life. I'm 56 now. You can imagine, I was very nervous first. Dr. Pandya explained every step to me. In a way I could understand. Very helpful. The complete work took from September 2011 till April 2012. I followed his recommendations and every single surgery worked out very well. But what is an excellent dentist without the right team behind him. All my appointments were confirmed with a friendly phone call a day before. When I've had a question about one single payment they also could explain everything with ease. In addition I have to say, I'm from Germany and not so familiar with all the rules and the language. The whole team took very good care of me. So, I have to say: Thank you to Ashley, Heather, Diana, Christina and last but not least to Dr. Pandya. Of course, I refer all my friends now to this outstanding doctor and his fabulous team.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][258768].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 9, 2012

Great, great doctor!!! My whole experience was wonderful. I had a wisdom tooth removed with local anasthesia. Dr. Pandya made sure that I was comfortable at all time. I had no pain afterwards or the day later. I dont know how he did it, but it was magic. Thank you, Dr. Pandya.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][258767].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 27, 2011

The staff was rude, and rushed to ge tme out of the office after my surgery and released me way to soon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][258766].votes_count ]]