Dr. PHILIP J. BERENT

Dr. PHILIP J. BERENT

Rate Dr. PHILIP J. BERENT

Dr. PHILIP J. BERENT's Ratings

I have been a patient of Dr Berent for over 15 years. I suffer from extreme anxiety. Dr Berent saved my life. 8 years ago I was going through a horrible divorce and I was "throwing in the towel". I received a call from my attorney and had my mind made up that it was over. Dr Berent knew this and took control of me. He related to my situation and clearly articulated why I was wrong with my logic. I kept listening as his voice grew stronger and his enunciation elevated. He explained to me exactly what I was missing and what was going on. He even told me what was going to happen and why. To this day, he was 100% correct. Dr Berent has infinite wisdom in just about everything. He is a true professional that has been there and done it. Dr Berent is a seasoned Psychiatrist that continues to provide me with emotional and morale support, but he also provides me with excellent legal and financial advise. Small price to pay for his vast experience! 5 Stars hands down! Thank you Dr B.

Submitted Feb. 24, 2014 | flag

Dr. Berent treated my husband who has struggled with temper, depression and anxiety forever. I called and Dr. B answered the phone himself and gave us an immediate appt. He emailed some diagnostic questionnaires and in the first appt, diagnosed bipolar disorder, put him on a great med, and changed our lives for the better. We went back a month later for a check and we were done. Well worth the investment. My husband is now a calm, happy man-we're all still in shock at the difference.

Submitted Jan. 19, 2014 | flag

Dr. Berent is an outstanding psychiatrist. He has been in the field for many years so he has the experience you need to trust his advice and professional opinions. At the same time, he strives to keep up on the ever changing medical field, so the wealth of knowledge this man has makes being a patient much more rewarding. Dr. Berent truly cares about his patients and wants to get you feeling and living better than ever. I've been paying out of pocket and his fees are the least of my worries when my health is on the line. It is a great feeling not having to put my life in the hands of an insurance company, but rather partnering with a Doctor who makes his patients' wellbeing his top priority.

Submitted Nov. 24, 2013 | flag

Dr. Berent has worked until we have the right medications in the correct amounts for me. I truly appreciate all he has done for me. I finally feel great (stable, no wild mood swings or any anxiety...) My friends & family have noticed the overall improvement in me.

Submitted July 10, 2012 | flag

Dr. Berent helped me feel normal again. I have never been a fan of taking medications but I was to the point of not caring when I went to my first appointment. I am taking several different medications now but my depression is gone, my social anxiety much improved, and I am able to focus on what I need to do...usually. He is extremely friendly and always makes me laugh. Hearing that he too has issues that he is on medication for made me feel more comfortable. I would and have recommended him to my friends.

Submitted July 4, 2012 | flag

I've been a patient of Dr. Berent for several years. There are times I forget to check in with him and he takes the time to contact me. He follows up to make sure I'm taking my meds. When I call him he answers right away or returns my calls promptly. I trust him with my care.

Submitted July 2, 2012 | flag

Other than one poor decision, Dr. Berent has made very good recommendations. He 'cured' me of my depression. (Or as close as you can get anyway.) Was skeptical at first because of his hearty laugh, but he proved me wrong and wound up being very good. (Don't hear psychiatrists laugh like that much.) My mood, temper and anxiety have improved remarkably well. My co-workers have even commented that my mood and attitude have done a complete 180 degrees for the better. Never felt like this before in my life. I recommend him heartily!! (Health Alliance not listed as insurance.)

Submitted June 26, 2012 | flag

Dr. Berent has been a wonderful psychiatrist. He has asked me great (and sometimes hard) questions that have led to a more focused and full treatment plan that I needed. He also suggested I be tested for Hashimoto's as different symptoms I had (including hypothyroidism and colitis) indicated this possibility and also suggested I go gluten free. Testing revealed I do have Hashi's and going GF has helped me feel even better. I highly recommend.

Submitted June 18, 2012 | flag

I highly recommend Dr. Berent as he was proficient in assessing, diagnosing and treating my problems.

Submitted June 13, 2012 | flag

I am a primary care physician in Macomb who manages a fair amount of psychiatric conditions. Dr. Berent has served as a locum tenens physician here since Sept 2011. He does have some unconventional treatments and advise, but has overall had good results with those patients of mine he has treated. I cannot speak to his punctuality as I have not been treated in his practice. Overall, from a physician standpoint, he's been approachable and helpful.

Submitted June 1, 2012 | flag