Dr. KAMBIZ HANNANI

Grad. Year: 1995

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 12/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 14 reviews. Dr. KAMBIZ HANNANI has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 2886921
29/09/13 5 4 5 5 Dr. Kambiz Hannani is a good doctor. I had a huge hernited disk on my back, I was not able to walk and very painful. I feel like end of the world. Thank God that I seen him and he recommed that I must have surgery next day. I trust him and did the surgery. Now I am able to work and going back to my normal life. Thank you very much-Dr. Hannani. I highly recommed him to all my friends.
RID: 2885951
29/09/13 5 5 5 5 Since the middle of January I suffered with sciatic pain....MRI showed no reason to operate, however Dr Hannani asked me to trust him as he was sure there was something there....sure enough a cyst was wrapped around the sciatic nerve....once removed, pain was gone forever. Operation done on July 9...it is now Sept 29 and still pain free. I will be ever grateful to Dr Hananni!
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 2815853
26/08/13 5 5 5 5 I had a Hernited Disk on the left side of my neck I was recommed by another DR.to go see Dr.Hannani he recommed that I have surgery so I said ok he done the surgrey he said he would like to see me every six months because I have arthritis in three other disks he also told me that one of them would proble go out in 5 years but at my job I started doing some havey lifting and in 1 1/2 years later it went out and I was in sever pain so Dr Hannani done an emergency surgery and after that I was still only half way recovered so he finally had to go through the back to releave the rest of the pressure that was still on the nerve after he went through the back of the neck everything has been going great but I still see him every six months for a follow up because I still have arthritis in two of my disks  Respond
RID: 2425697
15/09/12 5 5 5 5 Got hurt at work and tried to "muscle thru" the pain...soon I could no longer turn the steering wheel of my truck, dry my back, or do a single push-up,(had been able to do 50 before the accident. Was reccomended to Dr. Hannani as the specialist for Sedgewick who handle LAUSD work-comp cases at the Slauson Clinic in Vernon. He saw me and recommended immediate surgery based on the X-rays and MRI's...I was hesitant as I didn't know him and attempted to see 4 other specialists for a 2nd opinion. Sedgwick denied me access to all of the others.I met with another doctor who did an electrical nerve test and he told me that Dr. Hannani rarely reccommends immediate surgery and that if he told him he needed it he would definitely go for it. I went for it back in Dec,2011. I immediately had no more pain in my right arm or neck and although I had lost nearly 60% of my triceps muscle mass,thru exercise I have regained nearly all my strength and am able to do my job again.God Bless Dr. Hannani!
RID: 2425656
15/09/12 5 4 5 5 Look no further. I had to have Anterior cervical discectomy to remove and replace 3 vertebral discs in the neck area. Before surgery I could not use my right arm or hand. After surgery I was able to write and hold a glass. He is truely a wonderful doctor.
RID: 2381940
22/07/12 5 5 5 5 I'm an LVN injured @ work with excruciating pain in my left arm & fingers numbness. For a year, I had physical therapy, home exercices, pain meds, steroid injection in my neck, nothing helps, still working even with intolerable pain. They sent me to see Dr. Hannani, after examining my MRI, he noticed that my cervical 5-6-7 where affected (the radiology report only mentioned one level). He suggested surgery with 80% recovery, that was way better than the pain in my left arm. I had surgery 10/18/11 the same day after surgery I DID NOT FEEL PAIN in my left arm, although I was having post-op pain from shoulder to shoulder which requires pain med, I completely forgot my left arm. 9 months since my surgery, I'm doing fine able to turn my head 90% without discomfort, I drive 120 miles a day for work. My husband & I called Dr. Hannani a "Demi-God", imagined my surgery a 2 levels cervical diskectomy with fusion, he put me back together & I'm pain free that's more than 80% that he promised.
RID: 1741821
14/03/12 5 5 5 5 I am a RN and had 11days in severe neck &arm pain.My employer's doc was giving me just pain killers.They finally sent me to this genius DOCTOR HANNANI.What a brain!He immediately knew what was wrong.I did not need to persuade him.It was such a relief!He ordered an MRI and pushed staff and red tape and it was done.Next day I had surgery and was pain free!I was injured again n my arm got numb and needed a 2nd neck surgery which is something HANNANI had warned me it may happen. I developed numbness at 4am, saw HANNANI at 11am and I was in surgery at 5pm!If he waited like the other docs I would be crippled for life.Thanks to my angel and advocate HANNANI MD I have both my hands functioning, I am pain free and I can work! He gave me my life back! And to think it has been 28 months and he is still waiting patiently for my case to settle so he can get paid!He had given me his personal cell to call if I had any problems!He talks fast, acts wise,and gives perfect results!I trust him!
RID: 1732062
08/03/12 4 5 5 5 doctor hannani was the best doctor i have ever had. he knows his stuff. always checking on my progress calling me at home and checking up on me.thats more then just a doctor thats a friend.
RID: 1731025
07/03/12 5 5 5 5 Dr Hannani was my surgeon for severe spinal stenosis. Without his care I'd be in a wheelchair now. He has been completely professional and a gifted surgeon. I had a lot of concerns going into really serious surgery with a host of other ongoing medical problem and Dr Hannani made me comfortable and performed what has been God-sent surgery. I'd highly recommend him to anyone.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1688134
16/01/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Hannani was wonderful from diagnosis to surgery. I always felt informed and prepared for what was coming next. HE has a great personality. He is very warm and friendly while also being an expert in his field. I highly recommend him.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1645447
28/11/11 5 5 5 5 Insurance paid the bill for my surgery. But Dr. Hannani is a Godsend to me. He's the one who noticed in my xrays something that could have paraylized me from the neck down if I hadn't taken care of it and he performed the cervical fusion I needed to prevent that! Had seen 3 other doctors and no one else noticed it. Thanks to him, I've been doing so much better. He also called me at my home to check on me once I was released from the hospital. No doctor had ever done that before, and it shows just how much he cares for his patients. I don't think I could ever find a better doctor or person. I always recommend him to people who tell me of their back pain. I go every few months and he checks on me, and I'll forever be grateful to him. I know he's someone I can trust.
Insurance: United Healthcare
Paid (or co-pay): $26000
RID: 1564473
18/10/11 5 5 5 5 I owe Dr. Kambiz Hannani a great deal of appreciation. I have suffered with back problems since my late teens, and Dr. Hannani has greatly improved my quality of life. I was to the point of not being able to get around very well, and as a teacher of 36 years, this was a big problem. Teachers are always on the move. Dr. Hannani at no time encouraged surgery or let's say "pushed" surgery. We evaluated my condition together during visits; I took the recommended physical therapy, shots, etc. When all esle failed WE made the decision for surgery. Dr. Hannani needed to do 2 surgeries, the second more involved than the first. I have no complaints whatsoever. I also noticed Dr. Hannani's generosity in treating patients, making financial allowances when he deemed it was necessary. Dr. Hannani is a very personable man, easy to get along with, etc. I would highly recommend Dr. Hannani to anyone who is looking for help from a very skilled physician.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1540552
18/09/11 5 4 5 5 dont have back surgery without talking to dr hannani. His staff is also great.  Respond
RID: 1534901
12/09/11 5 5 5 5 A bit of wait but worth the it. Honest doctor and staff.  Respond