Rate Dr. Steven G. Dorfman

Dr. Steven G. Dorfman's Ratings

Submitted Feb. 11, 2014 | flag

I found Dr. Dorfman to be good. What I could not believe was his Red headed nurses (I do not know her name) rude attitude. She was raising her voice, just short of yelling, when I nicely asked 3 questions. I have interacted with nurses all my life and have never experienced, to this extent, this sort of behavior.

Submitted Jan. 29, 2014 | flag

The whole experience was a nightmare from the beginning. His nurse/assistant was so rude and abrasive in gathering the medical history I almost wanted to walk out of the examining room. This was just the warm up. Then Dr. Dorfman walks in and immediately begins looking at all the info his nurse had just entered. He never made eye contact and stated why are you here your data looks normal so therefore your normal. He never asked about any of my symptoms or how they started or how long I've had them. I gave him a copy of a saliva cortisol test which showed low cortisol and DHEA. I also gave him a history of TSH and T3 values which showed both had now dropped to barely within range. He basically didn't want to look at that info. He said I was fine period. He is the most arrogant and condescending MD I have ever met. DO NOT GO TO HIM. It's not just his arrogance but he is not knowledgable in his field. SAVE YOURSELF TIME AND MONEY. DO NOT GO TO HIM!!!!!

Submitted Oct. 21, 2013 | flag

I am a local law enforcement employee in the DFW Area, I have tried this doctor and found out that above listed experiences are true. He is ok but he doesn't care bout his patients and he is busy with computer looking at what test could be done. His staff or office as a Manager named Tucker last name or his nurses. Nobody has exact knowledge of even most common things, like urine test for kidney stone analysis. Report his poor performance staff members to him and he ignores it over the phone. Do not waste your money and time. You will be pissed as I was when I Saw his behavior and then his staff.

Submitted April 18, 2013 | flag

I was referred to Dorfman by my PCP. My complaint was low testosterone, with the associated symptoms including gynocomastia, ED, fatigue etc. His response to me was you look healthy, you were able to have kids, there's nothing wrong with you. He had his med student feel the gynocomastia and didn't even bother to look up from his PC. Well two years later it turns out I have a pituitary adenoma. He is a spreadsheet doctor if the bloodwork looks OK then you're good. This guy is dangerous stay away from him and one of his protégé's Dr. Toma, she agreed with his opinion. Her review is forthcoming.

Submitted June 19, 2012 | flag

I have been seeing Dr Dorfman for over 3 years. They never follow up with me even when something is off on my blood tests. I've complained to him about consistent symptoms I've had since my first visit and he has no desire to help me. His only answer is, "we will see what your blood tests show." But then no one ever follows up. I've cried to him begging him to help me, but he just doesn't care. Once he even said, "you can try antidepressants or you can just be tired." And he walked out of the room. One of the worst, uncaring doctors I've ever seen!

Submitted March 5, 2012 | flag

Horrible doctor! I'm pregnant and have hypothyroidism and as soon as he walks in he tells me "i'm going to have a miscarriage. But if for some reason I don't then my child is going to be mentally challenged.." Besides that he asked the same questions over and over again and doesn't even look away from the computer.

Submitted Feb. 6, 2012 | flag

I agree with most of the responses to Dr. Dorfman. He focused on the computer and typed the whole time. Mumbled everything - I could not even understand him. He would not communicate with me. Did not take an interest in me. And made me feel like I was not even in the room with him. Very condescending. I loved his assistant, but I am requesting that I see someone else the next time that I go to the End. Assoc. of Dallas.

Submitted Sept. 13, 2011 | flag

Steven Dorfman has always been a tremendous doctor, both medically and from a personality standpoint. By far, he is my all time favorite physician.

Submitted July 12, 2011 | flag

Dr. Dorfman and his PA were very knowledgeable about my mother in law's diabetes and thyroid issues. She is difficult to work with, but they stayed with her and convinced her to try a new medication, improve her eating habits and take her blood sugar twice daily. Her blood sugar has gone from an average of 340 down to 185 in just three weeks. I can't thank them enough. We arrived on time and were seen almost immediately. e will continue to see Dr. Dorfman.

Submitted July 12, 2011 | flag