Dr. Steven G. Dorfman

Grad. Year: 1970

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 30/08/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 1.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 21 reviews. Dr. Steven G. Dorfman has a poor overall rating on RateMDs.com. frown

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Dr. Steven G. Dorfman
Endocrinologist-related: Cushing's syndrome, hyperthyroidism, hypogonadism, metabolic bone disease, diabetes mellitus, pituitary dysfunction, neuroendocrinology, diabetes, pancreas, pituitary gland, ovaries, testes, thyroid, adrenal glands
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5173043

11/02/14 1 1 2 1
RID: 4445574

29/01/14 1 3 3 3 I found Dr. Dorfman to be good. What I could not believe was his Red headed nurses (I do not know her name) rude attitude. She was raising her voice, just short of yelling, when I nicely asked 3 questions. I have interacted with nurses all my life and have never experienced, to this extent, this sort of behavior.  Respond
RID: 3340454

21/10/13 1 3 1 1 The whole experience was a nightmare from the beginning. His nurse/assistant was so rude and abrasive in gathering the medical history I almost wanted to walk out of the examining room. This was just the warm up. Then Dr. Dorfman walks in and immediately begins looking at all the info his nurse had just entered. He never made eye contact and stated why are you here your data looks normal so therefore your normal. He never asked about any of my symptoms or how they started or how long I've had them. I gave him a copy of a saliva cortisol test which showed low cortisol and DHEA. I also gave him a history of TSH and T3 values which showed both had now dropped to barely within range. He basically didn't want to look at that info. He said I was fine period. He is the most arrogant and condescending MD I have ever met. DO NOT GO TO HIM. It's not just his arrogance but he is not knowledgable in his field. SAVE YOURSELF TIME AND MONEY. DO NOT GO TO HIM!!!!!
Insurance: CIGNA
Respond

16/06/13 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 2620645
18/04/13 1 1 1 1 I am a local law enforcement employee in the DFW Area, I have tried this doctor and found out that above listed experiences are true. He is ok but he doesn't care bout his patients and he is busy with computer looking at what test could be done. His staff or office as a Manager named Tucker last name or his nurses. Nobody has exact knowledge of even most common things, like urine test for kidney stone analysis. Report his poor performance staff members to him and he ignores it over the phone. Do not waste your money and time. You will be pissed as I was when I Saw his behavior and then his staff.
RID: 2272262
19/06/12 3 1 1 1 I was referred to Dorfman by my PCP. My complaint was low testosterone, with the associated symptoms including gynocomastia, ED, fatigue etc. His response to me was you look healthy, you were able to have kids, there's nothing wrong with you. He had his med student feel the gynocomastia and didn't even bother to look up from his PC. Well two years later it turns out I have a pituitary adenoma. He is a spreadsheet doctor if the bloodwork looks OK then you're good. This guy is dangerous stay away from him and one of his protégé's Dr. Toma, she agreed with his opinion. Her review is forthcoming.
Insurance: BC Med
RID: 1729049
05/03/12 1 1 1 1 I have been seeing Dr Dorfman for over 3 years. They never follow up with me even when something is off on my blood tests. I've complained to him about consistent symptoms I've had since my first visit and he has no desire to help me. His only answer is, "we will see what your blood tests show." But then no one ever follows up. I've cried to him begging him to help me, but he just doesn't care. Once he even said, "you can try antidepressants or you can just be tired." And he walked out of the room. One of the worst, uncaring doctors I've ever seen!
Insurance: Tricare
RID: 1706206

06/02/12 1 1 1 1 Horrible doctor! I'm pregnant and have hypothyroidism and as soon as he walks in he tells me "i'm going to have a miscarriage. But if for some reason I don't then my child is going to be mentally challenged.." Besides that he asked the same questions over and over again and doesn't even look away from the computer.
RID: 1536461
13/09/11 4 2 1 2 I agree with most of the responses to Dr. Dorfman. He focused on the computer and typed the whole time. Mumbled everything - I could not even understand him. He would not communicate with me. Did not take an interest in me. And made me feel like I was not even in the room with him. Very condescending. I loved his assistant, but I am requesting that I see someone else the next time that I go to the End. Assoc. of Dallas.
RID: 1485145
12/07/11 3 4 5 5 Steven Dorfman has always been a tremendous doctor, both medically and from a personality standpoint. By far, he is my all time favorite physician.  Respond
RID: 1485010
12/07/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Dorfman and his PA were very knowledgeable about my mother in law's diabetes and thyroid issues. She is difficult to work with, but they stayed with her and convinced her to try a new medication, improve her eating habits and take her blood sugar twice daily. Her blood sugar has gone from an average of 340 down to 185 in just three weeks. I can't thank them enough. We arrived on time and were seen almost immediately. e will continue to see Dr. Dorfman.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1370124
23/02/11 4 5 5 5 I've had thyroid and parathyroid issues for years and am more than pleased with the knowledge, courtesy and professionalism Dr. Dorfman exudes. There's a reason he's so well-respected by his collegues.
RID: 1193772
21/06/10 1 1 1 1 He is the WORST doctor I have ever been to. SO rude, unhelpful, makes you come back in just to charge another fee... I could go on and on. He wouldn't even look or communicate with me personally during the whole visit. He simply looked at his computer and talked to it. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR!!!
Paid (or co-pay): $35
RID: 964551
17/08/09 2 1 1 1 I was referred to Endocrine Associates by my physician and I was assigned an appointment with Dr. Dorfman. He is the worst kind of physician because he is completely indifferent to and uninterested in the patient or the symptoms they may be experiencing. He practices textbook doctoring while typing everything into a computer completing ignoring the patient in the room with him. He is non-responsive to your questions whether they relate to your concerns or the tests he unnecessary recommends. He never displayed even the most simple manners or courtesies, and this includes keeping patients waiting a minimum of one hour after their scheduled appointment time. He is abrupt, uncaring and I wouldn't even consider allowing him to treat my pets.
RID: 926491
01/07/09 1 1 1 1 My wife went in for thyroid biopsy, and asked for something to numb the area before he began. She has had one before and they numbed her first last time because its a very painful process. He said..."no, I'm really good at this. You don't need any pain medication." He said it takes 20 minutes for the pain medication to begin to work and that was just a "waste of his time"...except we sat in his exam room for over an hour waiting on the inconsiderate prick...so there was time. Even after further protests he refused to give her anything and began the biopsy. My wife cried for an hour because her throat hurt so badly after biopsy. Also, I was in the room with my wife for moral support, and this arrogant ass didn't say one single word to me...no hello, no introduction, nothing...he acted like I wasn't even there. very rude.
Paid (or co-pay): $30
RID: 878031
04/05/09 1 1 1 2 Avoid at all costs. I went to Dr Dorfman after relocating to the Dallas area. I have Hashimoto's and was concerned that my Synthroid levels were off. I was tired and had a cloudy mind. He spoke with me for 5 mins, refused to listen to my concerns to the point of making me cry, and then wrote me a prescription for Lexapro- bc he thinks depression must be the problem.. nevermind the fact that Hypothyroidism causes all of my symptoms! He was absolutely terrible!  Respond
RID: 469420
21/12/07 1 1 1 3 Dorfman is supposed to be a good doc, but I ended my association with him when he recommended some unnecessary tests. I asked him why he was doing these tests, and he said, "Because I can." I told him that was not a good enough reason, and he was very curt and rude about it. I began seeing another doc and was surprised at how considerate, caring, and respectful he was in comparison to Dr. Dorfman. This new doc told me that I was right in considering Dr. Dorfman's recommended tests to be unnecessary.
RID: 425703
08/10/07 1 1 1 1 Do not go to this doctor if you're transgendered/transsexual. Very insensitive to TG/TS issues, offered unsolicited and uninformed opinions (that any gender therapist would be horrified to hear), was extremely rude and presumptuous and had a cold demeanor. If you must go to him, go in, get your prescription, and get out as quickly as you can--otherwise he will offer condescending and ignorant "advice" about your "lifestyle."  Respond
RID: 255729
03/04/07 1 1 1 This was a horrible experience for me and my father. We were recommended by a high ranking doctor from where I work. We waited for 2 hours and finally got in to see him. I had all of my fahters blood sugar readings written down. He was ranging from 500 down to 18. No blood test were done and no other test were ordered. He said to reduce his insulin by 1-2 units per shot because it was better to run high blood sugar than low since my dad's kidneys were already dead since he was on dialysis. Well you know what it not only kills your kidney's it kills your eyes, heart and all major orgrans. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!
Insurance: Medicare
Paid (or co-pay): $25500
RID: 44976
12/09/06 1 1 1 Very rude and unconcerned, stayed on phone most of office visit. Blamed me for lost blood test done at the hospital.
Paid (or co-pay): $3000
RID: 33215
24/06/06 1 1 1 I would NOT RECOMMEND this doctor for any hormonal problems , except giving you pills for diabetes. He repeatedly misdiagnosed my thyroid 4 years and made me suffer all horrific symptoms of hypothyroidism. He doesn't lisent well, wants to make symptoms fits his image and also says you are stressed or depressed and you need to relax and take yoga classes. Overall, he is the worst doctor I have seen .
RID: 28612
20/04/06 1 1 1 Went to Dr.Dorfman for migraines caused by hormone problems. Waited for 1.5 hrs after my scheduled appointment to be seen. During my visit he stated "hormones do not cause headaches" (then why did he schedule the appointment?) He stated "you need a bone density test because you are thin (I am) and have blue eyes. (I have BROWN eyes)These statements came after he shined a light in my eyes. He also stated I was depressed and needed anti-depressants. I was not depressed but am now after having several doctors give me bad advice. When I asked why he thinks I am depressed he stated because I was crying. (I was in extreme pain) I am currently going to a hormone specialist and am on hormone replacement therapy because 2 doctors have now confirmed hormones CAN cause headaches. The blood test Dr. Dorfman ran were not specific enough. When the hormone specialist ran blood test he stated I basically had no hormones in my body after 22 yrs of taking birth control pills.