Rate Dr. Steven G. Dorfman

Dr. Steven G. Dorfman's Ratings

Terrible doctor. Terrible man. Terrible human being. If you are not a "textbook easy case" he will refuse to treat you. He felt the need to yell at me over the phone stating that I never had my disease, none of my doctors ever believed I had my disease, I was just some depressed girl addicted to steroids.

I had my diagnosis verified by three different doctors in three different states. He's an awful doctor and I would advise all to stay far away from this practice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2616656].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 12, 2014

One of the worst experiences of my life. Similar to other reviews, his nurse was overbearing and rude and interrupted me mid sentence multiple times. The doctor took a call DURING my appointment because he was having trouble with his AOL account. (yes I said AOL account which should have been a warning) He decided it was anxiety regardless of the different symptoms I discussed with him because I have a high stress job. Even went on to say that I must have someone I’m worried about that I am just not recollecting or wanting to share….really! When I called back and told the rude nurse, who I had to tell to quit interrupting me, that I was having some very erratic blood sugar levels she stated it was odd and she wanted me to speak the doctor directly. He had someone different call from the office and told me that is was probably just due to the anxiety and not to worry about it. Well after calling ANOTHER Endocrinologist and going to see him, and having some further test run, this doctor is seeing some abnormalities and it appears I do have an issue that the new doctor is attempting to accurate diagnose. Dr. Dorfman is older, and while this is pure speculation, I feel he has lost his zest for helping people and if it's not a textbook situation (as you can read in other reviews) he is not one to address the patient directly and their specific symptoms, but one to dismiss and use what I can only guess is his own overinflated sense of intelligence to diagnose his speculative style of practice. He certainly put me at risk and I would advise anyone going to see him to beware of the risk he will place you in. By far an overinflated sense of self, one of the laziest, rude doctors I have ever dealt with. A malpractice situation waiting to happen in my opinion. Read his reviews and BEWARE of this man that I can’t call a doctor in good conscience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2600293].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1998205].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2014

I found Dr. Dorfman to be good. What I could not believe was his Red headed nurses (I do not know her name) rude attitude. She was raising her voice, just short of yelling, when I nicely asked 3 questions. I have interacted with nurses all my life and have never experienced, to this extent, this sort of behavior.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1998206].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2014

The whole experience was a nightmare from the beginning. His nurse/assistant was so rude and abrasive in gathering the medical history I almost wanted to walk out of the examining room. This was just the warm up. Then Dr. Dorfman walks in and immediately begins looking at all the info his nurse had just entered. He never made eye contact and stated why are you here your data looks normal so therefore your normal. He never asked about any of my symptoms or how they started or how long I've had them. I gave him a copy of a saliva cortisol test which showed low cortisol and DHEA. I also gave him a history of TSH and T3 values which showed both had now dropped to barely within range. He basically didn't want to look at that info. He said I was fine period. He is the most arrogant and condescending MD I have ever met. DO NOT GO TO HIM. It's not just his arrogance but he is not knowledgable in his field. SAVE YOURSELF TIME AND MONEY. DO NOT GO TO HIM!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1998204].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2013

I am a local law enforcement employee in the DFW Area, I have tried this doctor and found out that above listed experiences are true. He is ok but he doesn't care bout his patients and he is busy with computer looking at what test could be done. His staff or office as a Manager named Tucker last name or his nurses. Nobody has exact knowledge of even most common things, like urine test for kidney stone analysis. Report his poor performance staff members to him and he ignores it over the phone. Do not waste your money and time. You will be pissed as I was when I Saw his behavior and then his staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1998202].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2013

I was referred to Dorfman by my PCP. My complaint was low testosterone, with the associated symptoms including gynocomastia, ED, fatigue etc. His response to me was you look healthy, you were able to have kids, there's nothing wrong with you. He had his med student feel the gynocomastia and didn't even bother to look up from his PC. Well two years later it turns out I have a pituitary adenoma. He is a spreadsheet doctor if the bloodwork looks OK then you're good. This guy is dangerous stay away from him and one of his protégé's Dr. Toma, she agreed with his opinion. Her review is forthcoming.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1998201].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 19, 2012

I have been seeing Dr Dorfman for over 3 years. They never follow up with me even when something is off on my blood tests. I've complained to him about consistent symptoms I've had since my first visit and he has no desire to help me. His only answer is, "we will see what your blood tests show." But then no one ever follows up. I've cried to him begging him to help me, but he just doesn't care. Once he even said, "you can try antidepressants or you can just be tired." And he walked out of the room. One of the worst, uncaring doctors I've ever seen!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1998200].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 5, 2012

Horrible doctor! I'm pregnant and have hypothyroidism and as soon as he walks in he tells me "i'm going to have a miscarriage. But if for some reason I don't then my child is going to be mentally challenged.." Besides that he asked the same questions over and over again and doesn't even look away from the computer.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1998203].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2012

I agree with most of the responses to Dr. Dorfman. He focused on the computer and typed the whole time. Mumbled everything - I could not even understand him. He would not communicate with me. Did not take an interest in me. And made me feel like I was not even in the room with him. Very condescending. I loved his assistant, but I am requesting that I see someone else the next time that I go to the End. Assoc. of Dallas.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1998199].votes_count ]]