Rate Dr. Stephen R. Seal

Dr. Stephen R. Seal's Ratings

I am 68 years old and I can safely say that Dr. Seal was the worst doctor I have ever had the misfortune to visit. He actually shoved me once when I didn't move fast enough. I came close to hitting him. He has absolutely no social skills. He asks no questions and he gives no information. He should have specialized in animals or corpses. Do not visit this doctor. He may be worse than no doctor at all. Try Dr. Stalford; he is wonderful. All his patients--including myself--laud him. Why is Seal still practicing??

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2505697].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2014

I saw Dr. Seal once approximately two years ago. He recommended sinus surgery, which I was not ready to do. I left his office with the impression that he was rude, arrogant, and primarily focused on revenue and profit generation. Against my better judgment, I scheduled a follow up appointment with him to pursue the sinus surgery, and just left his office yesterday without seeing him. His entire practice seems to be about nothing more than revenue and profit generation. The patient seems to be a secondary consideration. To wit: When I arrived, payment of my co-payment was demanded. I paid it and then asked for a receipt and was told that I couldn't have one until after the visit. What's up with that? You pay money and can't get a receipt. OK, so I went along, expressing my amazement that they could expect patients to do this only to be greeted by attitude by the receptionist over my expecting a receipt when I pay money. (go figure!) Then I get called back by an audiologist to have my hearing tested. When I inquired why I was seeing an audiologist I was told that I had been scheduled for an audiologist visit and a Dr. visit. NOTHING had been said to me in the call scheduling the visit that this would be the case. I then said I am here to follow-up my visit from two years ago to proceed with the surgery. The audiologist agreed I didn't need to see her, and directed me back to the waiting room. Given my experience a couple years earlier, I decided rather than sit there (I had already been waiting 30 minutes) and get all upset over this Dr., I just needed to leave and find another Dr. So I left. I cannot recommend Dr. Seal to anyone. He is arrogant, impatient, rude, and doesn't appear to be concerned at all about the patient. Everything about him screams he is all about making a buck and the patient is nothing but an objectified inconvenience in his quest to enrich himself. As a result of my experience there, I will not see any Dr. in that practice, and am now looking for another physician to perform the sinus surgery. I am unable to recommend Dr. Seal, or anyone that operates in a practice that treats patients this way. There are better options, even if I have to travel to find them!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2498976].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2014

THE worst experience with a physician that I have EVER had. I don't expect to have my ego stroked, but I DO expect to be treated with respect and common courtesy. For a "well educated" person, he lacked basic people skills. He told my daughter she just had a sinus infection and prescribed the same antibiotic she was already taking, he didn't even look at the records our family doc sent over, nor did he listen to me when I told him what she was taking without even looking at her throat! She had 16 sore throats in 12 months...another ENT actually looked at her throat and did surgery immediately. Mr Seal, you earn a salary from Avl HNE, but the patients who pay for your shabby services are the ones signing your paycheck. This man will never get another dime of my money, nor my insurance.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2494147].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2014

I am retired from the Dental Hygiene field after 40 years in practice. I had two appointments with Dr. Seal.I did not feel comfortable with his attitude and non interest in my symptoms.I was prescribed two antibiotics for a "SINUS INFECTION". I kept saying my throat had been sore for three months as well as ear and neck. I saw another ENT who took one look in mouth and determined that I needed a BIOPSY OF MY TONGUE AS I HAD A LARGE LESION ON THE BACK OF THE TONGUE, which should have been picked up if Dr Seal bothered to do something with the tongue depressor he was holding.It was such a quick appointment. He may be a good doctor with a horrible manner, but I am not sticking around to find out. PLEASE FOR YOUR OWN SAKE, GET A SECOND OPINION BEFORE GOING AHEAD WITH TREATMENT WITH DR. SEAL. PLEASE SAY A PRAYER FOR ME THAT THIS BIOPSY IS NEGATIVE. i think Dr. Seal needs a few prayers also.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2460546].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 6, 2014

Dr. Seal should be banned from practice. In a few minute consultation, his arrogant nature and "god" complex was apparent. Although we tried to discuss the complexation of my son injury he was matter-of-fact and abrasive. His treatment plan was superficial and he avoided any commitment towards any success. His comments suggested he doubted his ability towards successful treatment. The attending surgeon from the hospital seem to be as surprised as we were, with Seal comments and treatment prognosis. Seal couldn't even maintain eye contact when we were discussing surgery options. The next day, we found a doctor in Asheville who successfully treated our son. Our son is recovering very well, because of our decision to avoid Seal and if you are considering using this idiot - proceed at your own risk - you will be sorry. I plan to spread the word about this idiot to whom ever I can. People need to know about this jerk before they put there care in his incapable hands.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2460545].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2014

I recently developed tinitis/vertigo which is disconcerting. It was a 25+ minute wait and I was ushered into the Audiologist. She was professional, very friendly and did a thorough job checking my hearing (not something I anticipated). Waited another 10 minutes to see Dr. Seal. He is certainly not a friendly physician, in fact I found him arrogant. He fired questions at me very quickly and I found his manner to be abrupt. He appears to lack compassion or any real concern. Previously saw a Dr. from their Asheville office and now considering going back to the other office as the visit with Dr. Seal was unfortunate. Not a physician I would recommend. One must be able to place some level of trust in a physician and I will place no trust in Dr. Seal. I'm well educated and educated or not, no one wants to be treated by a physician who clearly sees himself above others. Perhaps he needs to read his reviews and make some changes in how he treats patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1998399].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 24, 2014

Are you kidding me? Dr. Seal is the most arrogant doctor I have ever met. I went to go see him 3 times before my surgery on my nose (rhinoplasty) to confirm what he was going to do and how he was going to do it since he always rushing me out of his office to go see his next patient. He must have the worst "bedside manner" of any doctor I have met. He is very short and only gives you very basic info - ( basically one word answers. After my surgery which is a 2 week recovery went back to his office to get splint taken off my nose and realize that he did not fix my nose and breathing was not corrected. When I asked what are going to do to fix it his response to me was " well you have to wait at least a year and we can look at it again". So I tell him that I went through a lot of hard ache to get this surgery done since I had to endure all the pain and bleeding, also stay out of work , and financial costs of surgery...his response "didn't insurance cover this for you anyways?"

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1998398].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2013

I must say I was shocked after taking my 14 year old son to him. He walks in asked me why we there, looks at his throat and in his ears, leaves the room, comes back in sprays a numming solution up my sons nose without saying anything, then tells me he wants to do a CT of his sinuses, leaves the room, after 15 minutes comes back in and tells me, I will have to pay upfront $400 that day for them to do the procedure, I asked him about payment arrangements and he said no, so I left and paid my Co-payment for no reason, all together the appointment took around 25 minutes. It embarrased me and I have nver been treated this way in front of my son. I would not recommed him to anyone and I wouldnt send my dog to him. Very unprofessional! He should be ashamed of himself!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1998400].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 30, 2013

I was blowing out blood clots and having terrible headaches. Dr. Seal came in, looked up my nose for a few seconds, told me it was dry, then charged me almost $400. He wrote 2 prescriptions which made the problem worse. He didn't ask about my medical history, did not do a thorough exam, did not explain anything, even when I asked, and left in about 5 minutes. It was a complete waste of time and money. I don't care about bedside manner as long as I get good care, but he gave TERRIBLE care and seemed like he just wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible. I would not recommend that anyone who needs a diagnosis see him because he did not take the time to figure out a diagnosis with me at all. VERY POOR CARE.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1998397].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 30, 2013

He is very rude. Drove an hour one way to go over results from a test. Spent 3 minutes with me and told me I need an MRI. I spent two hours testing and he spends three minutes with me. He was the worst.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1998396].votes_count ]]