Rate Dr. ARTHUR Y. FAN

Dr. ARTHUR Y. FAN's Ratings

I have been seeing Dr. Fan for more than 10 years for distonia. He is one of the few doctors who has been able to help manage this chronic pain condition. He also is very kind and explains everything. In addition, I recently saw him for an intense vertigo sickness. I felt good enough to stand within a day of treatment and it was almost completely gone after the second treatment, for what my regular MD said could take up to two weeks. His treatments, cupping, and the herbs all work well. I would be lost if I had to rely on regular MDs only for this nontraditional issue.

Submitted May 5, 2014 | flag

Dr. Fan has helped me, my friends, and my family over many years. In every case, we went to him with problems that had persisted despite treatment with conventional western medicine, and, in every case, Dr. Fan provided relief. He helped my mom with sciatica, my friend with shoulder pain, and for me, he resolved an issue with recurrent colds/sinus infections that would turn into pneumonia in a matter of days. I'd be sick for a month at a time, more and more often, every 3 months, then every 2 months, then every other month. After 5 treatments with Dr. Fan I didn't get a cold or sinus infection for 7-8 years. I went from ultra-vulnerable to invulnerable! He has also helped me with crohns disease symptoms, and is now working on knee pain and stiffness left over from a surgery. He's a wonderful, caring, and gentle person. He is also exceptionally well educated and qualified. He has his doctorate in chinese medicine which is well beyond the training of most practitioners.

Submitted March 10, 2014 | flag

Dr. Fan is extremely knowledgeable. He takes his time to listen and accurately diagnose your illness or pain and then begins treatment. Dr. Fan also provides patients with natural Chinese herbal medicine. I have been suffering with extreme facial pain for 6 years due to atypical tri germinal neuralgia (ATN). Prescribed drugs and even nerve blocks failed to provide manageable relief. Surgery is unavailable for ATN. Dr. Fan's treatment has finally provided me the relief I have been seeking. He also works with you on insurance claims and out of pocket expenses. I highly recommend him, he's fantastic. HMB

Submitted Feb. 24, 2014 | flag

Dr. Fan is fantastic. I was experiencing the excruciating symptoms of drug (opiate) withdrawal. After surgery I had an addiction to pain killers. Opiate withdrawal is horrible because of the symptoms – burning skin, sweating, excruciating joint pain (ankles, knees, fingers, wrists, etc.), sleeplessness, gastrointestinal issues, nausea, depression, and just an allover feeling of pain. Western doctors wanted to give me more prescription meds to get over withdrawal. After my first treatment with Dr. Fan my pain improved 30% with only accupuncture. The improvement was so noticeable that I followed his treatment plan exactly. After only 3 days, I noticed a 50% improvement. By the second week of treatment, I was 95% free from pain, the burning and sweating went away, I was sleeping at night, my gastrointestinal issues went away, my mood improved significantly (no more depression) and my mind was completely clear. Additionally, the withdrawal symptoms slowed my recovery from surgery leaving me bloated and inflamed. Dr. Fan treated those symptoms as well.

Submitted July 11, 2013 | flag

Dr. Fan is an incredibly knowledgeable and kind doctor. He is among the most experienced doctors in traditional Chinese medicine in the area, and he is also well versed in conventional medicine. I went for post surgical nerve pain and his treatments are the only thing that has helped. My pain is at least 50% less than when i began. Dr. Fan is a blessing.

Submitted Feb. 23, 2013 | flag

Dr. Fan…. A soft spoken, kind, extremely competent traditional Chinese doctor. I have need seeing Dr. Fan for over 6 months. His expertise has helped me with internal digestive issues. HE has given me guidance regarding foods, herbs, exercise and general well-being. His office is very welcoming. His staff is also kind and gentle. I have referred others to him. He is a wonderful person as well. I HIGHLY recommend him for all sorts problems and also to become more balanced.

Submitted Feb. 21, 2013 | flag

Dr. Fan is the very best accupunture doctor in N. Virginia. He is carring; great listener and very knowledgeable. He helped relieve the pain I had in my right hip. I've been to physical therapy, sports medicine therapy, even had cortisone shots. Nothing helped except the accupunture with Dr. Fan. You will not be disappointed when you visit Dr. Fan. LH

Submitted Feb. 11, 2013 | flag

I had stroke, dizziness. After 3 sessions acupuncture, the dizzy gone.

Submitted Dec. 21, 2012 | flag

I have never felt moved enough to write a review about anything or anyone until now. Dr. Fan has helped me more than I can express. He has given me my life back when no other doctor's or health practitioner's could. I am incredibly grateful to have found him. Not only is he a skilled professional, but he is kind, caring, and compassionate(traits that are truly lacking, but should be required, in the health and medical field.) I thank Dr. Fan and his staff for all that they have done for me. He truly is a healer.

Submitted Dec. 18, 2012 | flag

Bill S: I am a new patient. I have seen Dr. Fan twice. My initial evaluation was very informative. Dr. Fan discussed alternatives and diet. My first few days were much better. On the second visit, I was complaining of back pain. When I wakled to my car after the accupuncture treatment I realized... "hey!! no more pain!!". I recommend McLean Center for Complementary & Alternative Medicine and Dr. Yin Fan.

Submitted Dec. 16, 2012 | flag