Dr. J. Scott Ries

Grad. Year: 1994

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 05/07/12    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 4 reviews. Dr. J. Scott Ries has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 1715573
16/02/12 3 2 5 5 Very caring, takes the time needed, orders tests and referrals as appropriate, and really searches for answers even if it's an unusual problem that stumps specialists. Great doc!!!
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 908041
08/06/09 5 5 5 5 I switched to Dr Ries about 6mos ago and cannot say enough wonderful things about this doctor. His bedside manner is stellar and his knowledge and willingness to listen will have me telling everyone how great this doctor is. I struggled for years with migraine headaches which was passed off by my prior doctor as tension and told to take Tylenol and would not look further into it. Dr. Ries ran some tests and confirmed I had 3 bulging discs in my neck. In a world that forces doctors to spend less time with their patients, push drugs and decrease bedside manner, Dr Ries clearly proves there are still amazing doctors out there!!!!
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 892425
20/05/09 3 4 2 5 Dr. Ries is a very knowledgeable doctor, and he can also be very caring. I found him to be pretty judgmental when I went to him as a single woman with sexual problems. On a few visits I have felt written off by some of his off-hand remarks, like "What's the problem now?" I have seen him be very attentive to family members, though. He is a strong Christian, which can be a selling point for some patients, but can interfere with his bedside manner if you engage in behaviors he does not approve of.  Respond
RID: 39801
08/08/06 4 5 5 Dr Ries is an exceptionally caring and understanding doctor whose consummate professional ethics never seem to interfere with his "bedside manner" or his caring, patient and genuine regard for suffering. Dr Ries is the best doctor I've ever met, and being a sufferer of a chronic pain condition I've seen dozens of doctors. Dr Ries is simply a superb family practice physician who is skilled, consistently well-informed and up-to-date with the latest treatments. I would recommend him to anyone and everyone who needs a good doctor. His collegues and staff are also exceptionally skilled and caring. Dr Ries also specializes in no-scalpel vasectomies. From what I've heard he is one of the best surgeons in Indiana who does this procedure.
Insurance: Anthem