Rate Dr. J. Scott Ries

Dr. J. Scott Ries's Ratings

Very caring, takes the time needed, orders tests and referrals as appropriate, and really searches for answers even if it's an unusual problem that stumps specialists. Great doc!!!

Submitted Feb. 16, 2012 | flag

I switched to Dr Ries about 6mos ago and cannot say enough wonderful things about this doctor. His bedside manner is stellar and his knowledge and willingness to listen will have me telling everyone how great this doctor is. I struggled for years with migraine headaches which was passed off by my prior doctor as tension and told to take Tylenol and would not look further into it. Dr. Ries ran some tests and confirmed I had 3 bulging discs in my neck. In a world that forces doctors to spend less time with their patients, push drugs and decrease bedside manner, Dr Ries clearly proves there are still amazing doctors out there!!!!

Submitted June 8, 2009 | flag

Dr. Ries is a very knowledgeable doctor, and he can also be very caring. I found him to be pretty judgmental when I went to him as a single woman with sexual problems. On a few visits I have felt written off by some of his off-hand remarks, like "What's the problem now?" I have seen him be very attentive to family members, though. He is a strong Christian, which can be a selling point for some patients, but can interfere with his bedside manner if you engage in behaviors he does not approve of.

Submitted May 20, 2009 | flag

Dr Ries is an exceptionally caring and understanding doctor whose consummate professional ethics never seem to interfere with his "bedside manner" or his caring, patient and genuine regard for suffering. Dr Ries is the best doctor I've ever met, and being a sufferer of a chronic pain condition I've seen dozens of doctors. Dr Ries is simply a superb family practice physician who is skilled, consistently well-informed and up-to-date with the latest treatments. I would recommend him to anyone and everyone who needs a good doctor. His collegues and staff are also exceptionally skilled and caring. Dr Ries also specializes in no-scalpel vasectomies. From what I've heard he is one of the best surgeons in Indiana who does this procedure.

Submitted Aug. 8, 2006 | flag