Dr. Michael Shiffman

Foreign Lang: Spanish

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 14/06/12    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.1 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 5 reviews. Dr. Michael Shiffman has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Gastroenterologist-related: Crohn's disease, irritable bowel syndrome, GI cancer, bowel disease, stomach, intestines, bowels and other structures, such as the liver, gall bladder, pancreas and esophagus, and focus on maladies that include ulcers, jaundice, colitis, hepatitis, cancer, eating disorders, GIST
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5591285
01/07/14 4 5 5 5 Dr. Shiffman has been my gastro for 14 years and has always been courteous, polite, and very attentive. I trust his medical judgment completely.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
Paid (or co-pay): $350
RID: 5513004

04/06/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.5  Respond
RID: 1579817
04/11/11 3 4 4 5 I completely disagree with the detractor's comments. Dr. Shiffman has been my Gastro doctor for more than 10 years and has always given me the straight story with his trademark sense of humor that I really appreciate. He has provided correct and immediate diagnosis of my issues and has provided valuable advice on lifestyle changes that I need to do to improve my condition. I appreciate his knowledge and helpfulness.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1576284
01/11/11 1 1 1 2 Dr. Shiffman may have been a good or even a great doctor in his day. BUT, his day has come and gone long ago. These are my personal feelings towards this doctor. I used to be his patient and as they say "never again".
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1028661
08/11/09 1 1 1 1 inappropriate, unacceptable examination by a Gastro doctor who should know where to place his finger when doing a Gastro exam to a female
Insurance: Aetna