Rate Dr. Rami M. Shaarawy

Dr. Rami M. Shaarawy's Ratings

Easy to talk to, knowledgable and understanding. I'm so happy I found this guy!

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2683194].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2015

I don't normally post reviews but this office was bad enough that I felt it important to take the time to do. I went in for an annual physical & lab results came back ABNORMAL. Dr. Sharaawy has a policy not to explain or discuss emailed lab results (normal or abnormal), even if they come back URGENT until you go BACK to his office with an appointment to discuss them!!! I was out of state when the second round of ABNORMAL lab results arrived by email, and I was terrified. I called to explain to Dr. Rami Sharaawy that it would be another week before I could get back and asked if he could explain what condition the results meant. Even while on the phone explaining my situation & concern, he would not budge from his "policy" According to Google when I typed in the elevated results, it indicated I could possibly have a TUMOR, CANCER, OR AN URGENT HEALTH CONDITION REQUIRING MEDICATION. Yet, 5 minutes on the phone begging him, he explains patients could receive NO EXPLANATION OR DISCUSSION until "policy" to explain any lab results dictate you are physically in his office!!! I've never heard of this "policy" with any doctor in my life. YOU RISK DIEING OR A DISEASE SPREADING UNDER THIS IRRESPONSIBLE POLICY! I explained to him that I was out of town and needed peace of mind to understand the results, especially since it was the second round of blood work taken for having had the first results come back for the same abnormality. Dr. Rami Sharaawy wouldn't budge, and his office staff had nerve to advise me to go find a specialist out of town to explain the results. WHAT?!! This is not a doctor's office for anyone who cares about finding a doctor that explains services you have paid him for, or urgent care!! These were the second round of abnormal results and all he had to do was advise me on the possibilities of what we would do next. After Googling that I could have a tumor, cancer, or disease... I was in a panic and called my previous doctor whose office was 45 minutes from home and quite far to drive to. The doctor had me email all the lab results and the same day, explained what Dr. Rami Sharaawy should've been able to do. My previous doctor did all this AND even spoke with me while on vacation in Hawaii!! He was able to explain in a 1 time phone call and began an immediate plan of action for diet changes, along with a date for specific testing. I couldn't have felt more disappointed, and shocked by how rude Dr. Rami Sharaawy and his staff are. He and his staff are UTTERLY INCOMPETENT, LACK FLEXIBILTY, AND MEDICAL EXPERIENCE. I do not recommend going here - should you have anything abnormal, you will be left to Dr. GOOGLE, and will spend money and time finding another doctor to consult and redo lab work. You will NOT receive any meaningful phone conversation for anything! If you travel, work, or have young kids; you will need unlimited time on your hands to run in and out of this clinic on several occasions to speak with the doctor and risk a tumor, or cancer growing until you get back to his office each time. THIS doesn't even include the time you will then need to get to a specialist should you have something wrong. YOUR LIFE CLOCK WILL BE TICKING UNDER THIS GUY!!!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2671869].votes_count ]]

Submitted Jan. 5, 2015

Excellent experience. Great doctor. I refer everyone to dr. S

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2578400].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2014

Never returns calls. Incompetent staff. Will not answer emergency after hours paging. Wouldn't recommend to an enemy, much less friends & family.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][263209].votes_count ]]