Rate Dr. Yuval Shafrir

Dr. Yuval Shafrir's Ratings

This week I took my teenage daughter to see Dr. Shafrir. This is about our 4th or 5th year. He was a God send to us as he helped diagnose her with two different things and has been extremely caring, professional, and knowledgeable in all the years. This was our first visit at the new location and it (building and staff) comes across more professional. I showed up on time, didn't have to wait, and he spent adequate time with her for her yearly follow up visit. He has never ordered too many tests...just ones he feels necessary. As she is a teen now, I dread the time she will have to find a regular neurologist for her adult care.

Submitted Jan. 8, 2014 | flag

Dr.Shafrir is unprofessional. He is forgetful not connected and he lies. He never return calls and then gave me his email and pager number in which he never returns either call or email.The last time he saw my son ,I dont even think he checked his files to see who he was before entering the room. He started talking off subject that clearly told me he had no idea, I had to remind him we were there for my child's results. I can't speak for anyone else and I will not bad mouth another persons opinion , but perhaps he would be better if he didn't eat more then he could chew! I wouldn't recommend him we are going to Hopkins. I'm glad he's a better fit or some just not for my family.

Submitted Oct. 12, 2013 | flag

My son has used Dr. Shafrir for about 12 yrs. He recently (1 month)gave my son an addional medication. On the script he didn't write a dosage. The report he wrote for my son's internest said that he was on a totally different medication.He says it's ok.NO NO NO. Dr. Shafrir was good a while ago but now he's terrible. Every time he writes a report to my son's dr. he discribes my son as "little and lovly" My son is 17 yrs old. This is Totally Unbelievable

Submitted Sept. 27, 2013 | flag

Sr. Shafrir is wonderful; he is extremely knowledgable, experienced and takes his time with patients (which is why appts generally begin late). His staff, on the other hand, can be not very helpful and have arguements amongst themselves. I wouldnt let that put someone off, thoug, as Dr. Shafrir is so wonderful he makes up for his unprofessional staff.

Submitted Jan. 7, 2013 | flag

I do not understand the negative post. Dr. Shafrir has treated our daughter since March 2012 and recently started treating our son. We have only had positive experiences with Dr. Shafrir and his staff. As a family we would be lost without his care for our daughter. He has guided us through a myriad of specialists at a variety of facilities including Johns Hopkins, Mayo Clinic and Georgetown and has been a constant source of support. Our son's GI specialist asked us to have Dr. Shafrir see him. In order to fit him in, Dr. Shafrir opened his office up on the weekend and spent 2 hours with him. The key for us, is that while we as parents trust Dr. Shafrir, our kids trust him and respect his decisions. Regarding his staff, they have been wonderful and we have never been asked to pay for more than the insurance copay. In addition his staff has spent a lot of time dealing with our insurance company. This is a thankless task. We will always be thankful for Dr. Shafrir and his staff.

Submitted Nov. 1, 2012 | flag

This doctor was a Godsend for my daughter. Dr. Shafrir is probably the best doctor in terms of knowledge and bedside manner that I've ever witnessed. He is approachable and available if needed 24/7. He probably doesnt get paid enough for what he does. I am really sorry the one patient missed out on this particular doctor. I just cannot say enough good things about this man.

Submitted July 11, 2011 | flag

The negative post is based on never even seeing the doctor.That is a shame.Dr. Shafrir has treated my son since 1994 for a complex neurological condition.My son was said to be "unteachable" and we were told he would always be reliant on us for his care. Today he is a sophomore in college with a 3.5 GPA and is an NCAA athlete. Dr. Shafrir is a huge part of the outcome! I am saddened the poster didn't get to see him, he is amazing! Office/hospital policies are out of the doctors control. If I broke down the amount of time he spent on my son vs. his pay, he probably made minimum wage. He is very dedicated, knowledgable and passionate

Submitted March 2, 2011 | flag

Dr. Shafrir is a great neurologist. He helped me to cure my epilepsy. The post above is not right. Stuff do not represent the doctor. Also, he do not do private practice, so he is not responsible for any fees! He is hired there just like his stuff. They do not choose the rules, they just follow them! He is a great doctor, no doubt.

Submitted Feb. 25, 2011 | flag

Was referred to him by pediatrician. Called for appt. Staff would not give day/time I wanted, even though I was wait several month! Said they have to fill all spots that week and cannot schedule far in advance. Then I was told to bring $25 extra (above insurance copay) for administrative fees. When asked what it was for, she said paperwork. Huh? Is not the doctor getting paid for all that when he bills insurance? Come on, that's really low! When I refused to pay administrative fee, they cancelled my appointment. Did not the doc take an oath?! His office cost him $300+ he could have gotten from my insurance for a new patient b/c I refused to pay $25 administrative fee. Good job, doc! NOT! Glad I did not go to him, his office staff's actions told me much about him. Definately would not recommend!

Submitted March 12, 2010 | flag