Rate Dr. Richard S. Matthews

Dr. Richard S. Matthews's Ratings

Dr. Matthews is one of the most kindest, considerate and sincere doctor that I have had the pleasure of knowing. He is very thorough and knowledgeable with all of his patient's ailments and concerns. I have been acquainted with Dr. Matthews for over twenty years. He cared for both my mother and my mother-in-law, both of which lived to the age of 93. Both had very serious illnesses and many times Dr. Matthews was called by ER for guidance and advice regarding their treatment. He cared for both of them as if they were his mother. I am also a patient of his and feel very secure in his advice and treatment. He cares and speaks in layman's terms, and explains all tests so that one understands and is very kind about answering questions or concerns. I would highly recommend Dr. Matthews to anyone looking for a very professional, caring doctor. He is the modern day DR. Welby and Ben Casey rolled into one.

Submitted July 22, 2014 | flag

Dr. Matthews is one of the most careing Dr. I have ever met. He takes his time and listens. He is very knowledgable. His staff is helful and friendly. I have always been able to get in for an appointment when I needed one.

Submitted April 17, 2014 | flag

Dr. Matthews has been my doctor for the last 2 years. His staff are always very personal, caring, compassionate and professional. Dr. Matthews always comes in with a smile on his face, thanks you for coming to see him and then asks what he can do for you. He sits patiently and listens closely to every word you say.He may ask you questions, and then will give you his opinion, diagnosis and recommended treatment. He is never in a hurry and always asks if there is anything else he can do for you before leaving. Dr. Matthews is relentless when it comes to diagnosing a health issue, finding the cause and following through with the correct treatment. I cannot imagine what my life and health would be like today if it had not been for Dr. Matthews and his staff. Dr. Matthews not only cares about your physical, mental and emotional health and wellbeing but also about you as a person. He is one in a million and will always care for you and treat you just like, as his practice says,"Family"

Submitted March 24, 2014 | flag

Both my wife and I have found Dr. Matthews to be especially attentive, considerate and overall extremely knowledgeable. He takes the time to explain what is going on with the medical issue at hand. His staff is very attentive, and this contributes to a very productive office visit and solution to the medical issue. His prescriptions are explained in detail, so there is no misunderstanding. He is an overall great communicator. I would recommend Dr. Matthews to anyone searching for a physician specializing in family medicine. David Campbell

Submitted Jan. 13, 2014 | flag

Dr. Matthews is an excellent physician. He is on time and goes out of his way to make sure patients are taken care of. He has been my family physician for over 20 years, and I do not have one bad experience. He is always happy and extremely compassionate about his job and patients.

Submitted April 25, 2013 | flag

EXTREMELY condescending, was rude and an overall pampas jerk. The people that work in this Navarre office are rude and presumptuous, wouldn't recommend to anyone. The Baptist Hospital System needs to retrain most of their office staff, their superior attitude is deplorable.

Submitted June 8, 2012 | flag

Dr. Richard S. Matthews has been my primary care physician for almost fifteen years. I have found him to be a consummate professional who is dedicated, compassionate, and extremely knowledgeable of his medical field. With a strong desire to help his patients, he provides excellent medical care. Dr. Matthews is also a superb communicator who takes a lot of time listening to his patients concerning their medical issues which is rare this day and time. He always greets his patients with a smile and a positive attitude.

Submitted May 14, 2011 | flag