Dr. Ali R. Namazie

Doctor (MD)

Location:
Sherman Oaks, California Map External Link
Gender:M
Specialty:Ear Nose and Throat (ENT)
Website:
Grad. Year: 1994

Answers Email: N
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 13/04/06    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 21 reviews. Dr. Ali R. Namazie has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Ear Nose and Throat (ENT)-related: ears, nose, throat, hearing loss, tonsillitis, nasal surgery, endoscopy, laryngology, reconstructive surgery of the head and neck, thyroid surgery, endoscopic sinus surgery, swallowing disorders, sleep apnea, vertigo
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

09/07/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.4
RID: 2473578
13/11/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Namazi was great I would recommend him to anyone. he did a great job talking care of my son borken nose.
Insurance: Anthem
Paid (or co-pay): $250
RID: 2432938

25/09/12 1 1 1 1 Worst experience with the staff. I had an appointment, so a Teresa from Dr.'s office called to confirm it and she mentioned, “I am calling to confirm today’s appointment at 1:30pm.” She also gave me directions with the two wrong turns. I finally found the place and another girl at the reception tells me that the doctor is not in that office today. He is in Sherman oaks. I called Sherman Oaks, asked for Teresa, and they said she’s not in, so I asked to speak to the manager and Of course manager is not in. Since I already got off of work, I asked if I can see the Dr. at the Sherman Oaks office. They put me on hold and Teresa (which was not in) picks up the phone and tells me NO. Even after I explain to her that this is no way to treat a patient and I can’t get off of work, drive 35 miles just because the staff screwed up. She didn’t even apologize or act like she cared for her patients, office, or job. If Dr. Namazie cares for his reputation, he can contact me [email protected]
RID: 1542714

20/09/11 1 1 1 1 BEWARE AVOID VERY BAD dr. ali namazi did my nose surgery and since july 2009 I suffer from nasals problems day and night I need always constantly to suck my nose from runny nose it’s so loud cannot be around pupil its very embarrassing I don’t have any allergies dr. namazi gave up and refuse to see me any more NO ONE SHOULD SUFFER LIKE ME FROM THIS SO CALLED DOCTOR AND AND PRACTICE CLINIC  Respond
RID: 1261344
29/09/10 5 5 5 5 After having a total Thyroidectomy by Dr. Namazi three weeks ago I can truly say that he is an excellent surgen. He was ready to answer all my questions and he made me feel comfortable and safe eventhough I was scared of the surgery and was panicking on the OR .He personally visited me at the hospital three times His staff were very kind and understanding with me. Thank you Dr. Namazi and your staff for taking care of me and for being understanding.
RID: 1044911
28/11/09 5 5 5 5 When my son was assaulted Dr. Namazie was the first one I called. He came to the emergency room (even though he did not see patients in that hospital) to reassure me and my son. He performed surgery on my son's face and eye, putting plates on his cheek, and on the floor of his orbit and walls of the orbit. You cannot tell any suregery was done. My son looks exactly as he did previously. Dr. Namazie throughout this ordeal was kind, solicitous, and always the best.
RID: 1005832
09/10/09 5 4 5 5 I had been diagnosed with “sudden hearing loss” by another doctor and was devastated. I went to Dr. Namazie for 2nd opinion. He was caring, listened well and had a pleasant sense of humor. He recognized my anxiety over the issue and asked for a 2nd hearing test immediately. His staff was helpful in setting up that appointment rightaway and sent me to an Audiologist who was waiting for me in a different office. Dr. Namazie followed up with the audiologist on the same day and by the end of that day, I had my diagnosis. I had congestion in my ear, and had been misdiagnosed by another doctor. He even called me in the evening to answer some of my lingering questions. I strongly recommend Dr. Namazie. He is great, has bedside manners, is caring and knows how to empathize with his patients, while putting them to ease.Thumbs up!
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 985339
11/09/09 4 4 5 5 Dr. Namazi is one of the most humble and honest doctor ever. I will definitely recommend him.  Respond
RID: 966507
18/08/09 5 5 5 5 I went to see Dr. Namazie the first time on Aug 10,09 he has a wonderful, caring staff who is helpful and make you feel at ease, And Dr. Namazie took his time and really looked over my scans and wanted to know all of my history from the past, I felt he really took a interest for my first visit, and we were both on the same page. He was the first ENT to take a Nasal Culture and do another CT scan to see if I have blockage in the sinus area. He made it clear I have a few problems and wants to look at everything before making his final diagnosis.I highly recommend him
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 877031
04/05/09 5 5 5 5 Whether he needs to do an unpleasant procedure or deal with a teenager his demeanor is warm and superior to most doctors. He is very quick and gives his prognosis in understandable terms. He is respectful and does not push medicine or procedures. He is an excellent doctor. I would highly recommend you see him should you need a great ENT doctor. Lauren Levinson
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 855480
07/04/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Namazie is a throw-back to the old style medicine. He's friendly, qualified and takes time for offices visits. I would totally recommend him.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 815556
05/03/09 3 3 5 5 Having had nightmare experiences with doctors lately, it's really nice to be able to say something good. Dr. Namazi does excellent work, is extremely kind and shows a great deal of concern for his patients. I went in for a septoplasty and had several complications. Dr. Namazi made me feel comfortable and actually went out of his way to make my stay in the hospital comfortable. Thank you.
RID: 804745
03/03/09 5 4 5 5 I like Dr. Namazi.. I had a polyp on my vocal cord.. he showed it to me and made the first appt. he could to take it off. My follow up appt took longer make than I would have liked, but he's a busy guy.
RID: 793222
18/02/09 5 4 5 5 Dr. Namazie has been wonderful to our family. My son injured his ear and Dr. Namazi came in to see him on a Saturday. We had to see Dr. Namazi quite a few times after that and he was always so accommodating on every level. He was kind, professional, funny, eager to help and extremely knowledgeable. His staff is probably the nicest staff I have ever had the pleasure of interacting with. I can't say enough about him.
RID: 724459
17/11/08 5 5 5 5 Friendly and polite staff. The doctor was eager to attend to my problems. More doctors should operate this way.
RID: 633866
08/07/08 5 5 5 5 I love Dr. Namazie! I can not say enough about this doctor. He is McAwesome, McHottie whatever you want to call him. The guy is really good at what he does. He just fixed my deviated septum, turbinates and nose on the outside so a septoplasty. First of he is super nice and smart. I mean the guy really knows his stuff. He should be arrogant considering how good he is but not at all. I mean I was going to him with question after question about what other doctors said and never once did he say "are you questioning me". He welcomed all questions and was always funny and cool about it. He is an ENT and only does FACIAL plastic surgery which is good if you don't want a breast aug and someone who focuses on the face. I even showed him photos other doctors did (simulations) and he was okay with that because he knew what is and not going to work for my face and I am glad because sometimes we patients don't know what is going to look good and what isn't after all is set and don  Respond
RID: 594028
20/05/08 4 1 3 4 The dr.was running over an hour late. I had a clogged ear. He spent no more than 10 minutes with me, cleared out the ear and left. Medicare received an outrageous bill - $150 for consultation (about 3 minutes, if that) and another $300 for office visit. Nice guy ... but shameful amount of money. will ever go again.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 441113
08/11/07 5 5 5 5 Very nice, very professional. Correct diagnosis and superb follow-up.Excellent office staff and Doctor's Asst. too. I had a long-term ear problem. He prescribed a medication which did the trick, and when I had a small recurrence, didn't even charge for the follow-up office visit.
RID: 394032
29/08/07 5 5 5 5 I totally disagree with the comment on 8/27/07. I called his office this morning and explained my situation and the doctor called me after hours and prescribed meds for me. I am an existing patient and I guess from now on I'm gonna be going to him for any problems whether it's his specialty or not. He is extremely nice,caring and approachable. Patients who complain have not seen doctors with the worst attitudes, wait times of 4-5 hours and a bunch of unprofessional staff. He is the first thing that comes to my mind once I open my eyes every morning and makes me pray for him because he changed my life. I can't tahnk him enough for the job that he's done. I hope God will fill his life with many blessings.  Respond
RID: 392870
27/08/07 1 1 3 3 At first I would have agreed with the positive comments posted. But Dr Namzaie and staff are lacking greatly in being reliable. They were to call me in a week to set up a thyroid surgery. I waited a month. Called them several time, left messages. They forgot who I was or too busy to return my calls. Wether they are extremely busy or understaffed - I found this to be unsettling. Therefore made me incredibly uncomfortable with the thought of Dr Namazie doing my surgery.
RID: 301262
28/04/07 5 5 5 He is a very bright young doctor whom listened carefully to everything I asked. The result of my surgery was even better than I expected. He is a very skillful and knowledgeable doctor.  Respond
RID: 262224
05/04/07 5 5 5 I highly recommend Dr. Namazi. I loved his work and the way he treated me. he came to his office on thanksgiving day to remove my packings, isn't that an extra service he provided to me which he wasn't supposed to???He is the best, professonal, respectful, knowledgable, caring, and extremely confident in his work. Love you Dr.Namazi.