Rate Dr. Zenko J. Hrynkiw

Dr. Zenko J. Hrynkiw's Ratings

Saw him for the first time yesterday. Spent substantial amount of time with me - asked good questions and answered all of mine. He came recommended to me by my GP. Also the guy who walked 6 miles in a snowstorm to help people in the hospital.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2609190].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2014

Big ups Doc. You set your standard. Superfluous................

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2151667].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 1, 2014

I just saw him on the news. Dr. Zenko Hrynkiw trekked more than six miles on foot during a massive snowstorm to perform life-saving brain surgery on a patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2151668].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 30, 2014

Went to Dr. Hrynkiw for a second opinion. I wanted to share that he was not the jerk everyone painted him to be, at least with me. He reviewed my CT myelogram, asked questions, reviewed options. Seemed very knowledgeable. He seemed honest and sincere saying he would not do me justice to do surgery of my kind, but said the other doctor was right on which what he would suggest. He then told me to be very careful who I did let do a surgery of this magnitude and gave me a name he trusted at UAB. His office staff also was good about helping with the referral paperwork right away and was pleasant. My personal experience was a man who was straight forward and knowledgeable and helpful. ~SNellis

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2151666].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2013

He did an awesome job on my left hand for carpal tunnel, and now he is about to do my other hand. He is not much of a talker, but I didn't need a talker I needed relief. And that's what he gave me. I would recommend him to anyone needing relief.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2151665].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2012

This is the man who saved my life when I was 17. I had a brain tumor removed in an emergency surgery and then another brain surgery a few months later. He did not sugarcoat anything which was very helpful because I wanted to know all risks. If I had 100 surgeries I would want him for every one of them.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2151664].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 15, 2011

I had a Pituitary Tumor, And Dr. Hrynkiw Did my surgery.He is to the point and he is not much for chit chat but he was nice and knew what he was doing..I am glad he is the one who did the job of removing my tumor.I would use him again if need ever be..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2151663].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 2, 2011

ok so here is the nitty- gritty... he might have been a good one 20 odd yrs ago for my aunts immediate brain tumor removal, but truth is... he appearently doesn't know much about Chiari Malformation, which is what i went in to see him about. He told me none of my symptoms where from my Chiari... The symptoms are all over the internet! I'm not a DR but i do know how to read, and i'm not stupid.(Def not saying he is) He needs to update his knowlege on this disorder or malformation, he didn't even tell me what he thought that it could be. ONLY thing i agree on is that he's not that friendly, but to the point. However, i do not agree with his knowlege. I DO NOT, ABSOLUTELY NOT RECCOMEND HIM TO A CHIARIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2151662].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 28, 2010

I seen Dr.Hyrnkiw for severe neck pain, After several rounds of cortisone and steroid shots in my neck that did not help,he performed a cervical diskectomy with fusion and plate. After severeal months of waiting with still no relief,I went to back and he informed me that there wasn't anything else that he could do but send me to a pain clinic. I began to search for a spine specialist, I found a wonderful doctor. He sent me for a MRI and this is when I learned why I was still hurting. Dr. Hyrnkiw had replaced my disks with someone's else's bone and my body had rejected it. Now I have to have another surgery to repair the previous surgery and since it had not healed properly,this cause extra pressure on the other disks and now I have 2 other disks that will have to be replaced.I would not recommend Dr. Zenko Hyrnkiw to anyone!!!!!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2151661].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 30, 2007

The other's are right on que about Doc's bedside manner but he knows his stuff.He is the best in my book. Would go back to him again if I ever had another problem of this magnitude.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2151660].votes_count ]]