Rate Dr. Barry J. Cohen

Dr. Barry J. Cohen's Ratings

I had a pretty bad experience with Dr. Cohen. All I wanted to do is a minor job for my nose. So when I tried to explain him what I want he said that he knows what I want and everything will be fine. So after the surgery I was shocked. He did much more that I wanted. I have a small dent in the middle of my nose, I have a bump on the tip of my nose. My nose looked horrible for several years. Now I guess I got used to it, but I still hate it. He is very unprofessional doctor. And I wouldn't NOT advice anyone to do any surgery with him.

Submitted April 10, 2014 | flag

I visited Dr. Cohen for the first time on 5/13/13 for some Botox. Dr. Cohen was welcoming, asked me what I wanted and asked about the areas that I was concerned about needing Botox. I had been getting Botox for years in Dallas and Virginia so I was used to it. I also mentioned that I wanted to do something about my 'marionette' lines and look into what I could do about the corners of lips at some point in the future. Dr. Cohen told me about the 'liquid facelift' that used 2 to 3 fillers but he did not push it. I had read about liquid facelifts over the last couple of years and asked him what the investment would be to address those additional areas of my face. I was pleasantly surprised at how economical it really was. Having had a full facelift 25 years ago when I was 40 I didn't expect the liquid lift to have the same results but I decided to go ahead with it right then and there. I was and have been very happy with the results and just made a 2nd appt for my next Botox appt.

Submitted Sept. 9, 2013 | flag

Frankly, he did a beautiful job. My scar is barely visible, he sucked every bit of postpartum fat out of my belly he could find, repaired a substantial muscle diastasis that I had due to pregnancy, and sewed me tightly and beautifully. My scar is barely visible, my sides have no "dog ears," or anything of the sort. The day of my surgery was very pleasant, Kelly and Denise were my nurses and they were great. Cohen has worked with his trusted anesthesiologist for a decade, and he has even utilized her when his most dear family members have needed to be put to sleep. I'd recommend him in a heartbeat. He's hilarious, too - such a dry sense of humor, it is great.

Submitted July 12, 2013 | flag

Dr Choen was the best very caring and honest. Gail is the most amazing person she is patient and truly make sures you feel comfortable. The entire staff is amazing. 3 of my friends of have already had surgery and now me and two more of my friends are scheduled.

Submitted Jan. 7, 2013 | flag

Submitted Sept. 6, 2012 | flag

My experience with Dr. Cohen was my worst in my medical history. I regret that I did not post a review of Dr. Cohen at the time, but I think that it is important to share my story. I went to Dr. Cohen in 2005 to have my ears pinned. He advised me not to use anesthesia, as it was a simple procedure. I had blood dripping in my mouth and had to ask twice for more novocaine because I could feel them cutting. Post-surgery my ears felt very infected. I threw up that night and had a fever. When I went back to see Dr. Cohen, I only met his assistant. My ears became worse, with the scars showing from behind my ears. I had three visits post-op and only saw Dr. Cohen the last time, even though I had complained of significant pain. I sought the opinion of another surgeon to have them redone. He said in 30 years of work my ears were the worst he had seen. Dr. Cohen never checked me post-op, causing him to miss the infection from my sutures, which caused pain, serious scarring and another surgery.

Submitted July 16, 2012 | flag

If you are on this page, please reread all the positive entries. They sound the same as if they have been written by the same person. He uses this tactic a lot to pull in new consultations. He has a book on amazon and he faked all of the reviews for his book. All the reviews are even within the same 3 day span. I went in for a consultation with him and he has a very cold business like demeanor. I have seen his work and it is very poor. Avoid this man at all costs as he is a manipulative, money hungry surgeon.

Submitted Dec. 16, 2011 | flag

I have been recommending Dr Cohen for more than 15 years to friends and family. I myself have used him for several procedures and have always been happy with Dr Cohen and the results. Everyone I have recommended has been pleased as well. When I read these negative reviews I find it hard to believe that they are even referring to the same man. Dr Cohen has always been nothing but kind and caring, wanting only for me to be happy with my results. Every experience with Dr Cohen has been positive. I have never felt that money was his main concern...or even a concern at all. I still would recommend Dr Cohen to anyone.

Submitted Jan. 16, 2011 | flag

Submitted Sept. 24, 2010 | flag

Dr. Barry Cohen is an excellent surgeon. One of the top in the area. I've had minor things done by him (Dysport, Juvaderm, correcting surgery from previous surgeons etc..) and I'll continue going back to him. He's very fair and will definitely tell you if you don't need something done. Very straight forward. He's extremely knowledgeable and I would totally trust him for any surgery. He's got a great skin care system too that I've been using.

Submitted Sept. 13, 2010 | flag