Rate Dr. Ethan J. Ciment

Dr. Ethan J. Ciment's Ratings

Finally a Doctor I don't mind seeing. He made me feel comfortable, explained things to me in a way I could understand. Did a thorough exam. And did not rush me. His office is clean, comfortable, and well managed. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Ciment and Chelsea Foot and Ankle.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2000718].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 6, 2012

Dr. Ciment is the kind of Doctor you hope to find. He is kind, Knowledgeable, and patient. He and his staff never once made me feel like a number.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2000717].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2012

I've been to Dr. Ciment twice; once for what turned out to be bunions and another time for a sprained ankle. I liked that he didn't jump to surgery as an option, and recommended physical therapy first. The office is clean, everyone is super friendly, and all my visits have been good experiences.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2000716].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2012

My experience with Dr. Ciment was wonderful. From the first visit in his clean office staffed with friendly and helpful personnel right through all the follow up visits, I was treated with respect and courtesy. I was taken on time each visit and given as much time as needed. Dr. Ciment thoroughly explained all my options and made sure I understood them all. My surgery went exactly as predicted and my follow ups were for the purpose of making sure the healing process was coming along properly with no complications. I couldn't have asked for a better experience for a surgery I was reluctant to have.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2000715].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 22, 2012

Dr. Ciment performed bunion surgery on my right foot (bunions on both sides) along with fixing a hammertoe. He was clear that surgery was the last resort, after I'd tried a few months of better shoes, orthotics, etc. Which I did, but was still in a lot of pain, so I opted for surgery. I couldn't be happier with the results. He was incredibly caring and thorough. In fact, my father - an ex-physician - was present for the surgery and said he'd never seen a more thorough and thoughtful surgeon. Highly recommended.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2000714].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 18, 2012

Dr. Ciment is an incredibly patient and thorough doctor. He provides detailed explanations for everything he does and answers any and all questions you have. He is conscientious and has amazing follow through and follow up with his patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2000713].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 8, 2012

Dr. Ciment totally misdiagnosed my problem. He was saying that I had horrible bunions. Upon getting 2nd and 3rd opinions, the MD's thought that his view was absolutely wrong. I kept saying that I had pain in the ball of my foot which I later learned was a fractured sesamoid bone. I wasted a lot of valuable time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2000720].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2011

I went to Dr. Ciment 4 years ago for bunion surgery. I was advised both feet were candidates for the procedure, but the right was worse, so I opted to get that one done first. Everything about Dr. Ciment was great. The problem is, after 4 years, my right foot is STILL worse than the left. I may never get surgery on my left foot for fear that it will end up like my right one. It still feels now like it did 6 months after surgery. Tightness, pain, general agitation. Apparently, there was some unexpected "bone growth" in recovery that typically doesn't happen in patients over 18 (I was 33 at the time) that causes this enduring discomfort. If you are a younger patient, please talk this possibility through with your doctor before getting bunion surgery. I made the mistake of figuring Dr. Ciment would know better.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2000719].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 30, 2011

What a relief to find a podiatry office that is clean and well run. The staff is friendly and efficient. Dr. Ciment is extremely knowledgeable and has a great personality. My condition required several follow up visits and it progressed as he predicted. Each visit I waited no longer than 5 minutes to see him and was able to reschedule appointments with ease. This is the way all doctor's offices should be run. It is the benchmark I will use for all my doctors.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2000712].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 2, 2009

After seeing other podiatrists, I went to Dr. Ciment after seeing the recommendations on this site. He has been extremely helpful to my foot ailments and I received the proper attention that I needed. His staff was very courteous and made the process as easy as possible. Overall, I am more than happy with Dr. Ciment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2000711].votes_count ]]