Dr. Michael F. Khanchalian

Rate Dr. Michael F. Khanchalian

Dr. Michael F. Khanchalian's Ratings

My entire family has been going to Dr. Khanchalian since his practice started (over 25 years). He is very knowledgeable and proficient, always striving for the best result for the patient. His staff is pleasant and helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2000724].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 30, 2010

I went to Dr. Khanchalian all my life till I was 28 and changed insurance. I usually went twice a year and I always found him and his staff to be very pleasant. No problems with insurance or billing (I had Delta Dental). For a routine cleaning of course it was a hygienist I saw and Dr. Khanchalian would just check my latest x-rays and talk to me for a few minutes about them. Every hygienist I've seen at his office has been friendly and good. Once I had a painful cleaning but I think that's because I hadn't been in two years and there was a lot of scraping to do! The others were fine. I've had lots of fillings and some crowns, and never had a problem with his work. They don't try to sell unnecessary procedures. The office is small and homey, with cross stitch on the walls and displays of historical dental items. Dr. Khanchalian is also just a good person-- he goes down to Mexico every year to volunteer for a free dental clinic for the poor kids there.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2000723].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 12, 2009

The Dr. is very nice and knowledgeable. But the staff is not helpful at all. The receptionist is a snobby lady. Supposedly she knows my insurance very well, but she didn't tell me that the insurance will only cover 2 exams. They billed me for my first visit as one exam and billed me the second exam when I went to have my teeth cleaned with a hygienist and the doctor came over to talk to me for about 2 minutes. They also referred me to a specialist to have a consultation. Therefore my visit with the specialist wasn’t covered. But she didn’t say anything about it even though I asked the Dr. if that will be covered. The doctor said the receptionist is very knowledgeable and she will make sure it is. But she didn’t mention anything. Therefore I was billed with over a hundred dollar for nothing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2000722].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 3, 2008

Dr. Khanchalian is an outstanding dentist. He is caring and highly skilled; excellent at restoration. Also a fun, caring staff. I have recommended him to several people and they are all very satisfied with him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2000721].votes_count ]]