Rate Dr. Georges M. Argoud

Dr. Georges M. Argoud's Ratings

I don't remember this Dr. very well but I do remember that unlike some of his other reviews that he did listen and spoke to me in depth about my problem which is parathyroid. he went over my blood results with me item by item and when he told me that he was moving his. office I remember thinking to myself that I finally get a good Dr. and now he's moving, great. Everyone's different in what they want in a Dr.. Me I care about the final outcome and that the Dr. is focused on his work not. dazzling me with his bedside manner, although I must say that that wasn't bad either. I also remember that he gave me his email in case I should need him for anything. In closing I would like to say that if you don't think your Dr. is listening to you then try till he does and if he still doesn't then get yourself another one. Or maybe you just don't understand what he's saying.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2270797].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 25, 2014

I felt I have been carefully monitored and notified in a timely manner. The bedside manner is important, however, expertise & knowledge in his field at so much more important. I did feel listened to and he is working closely with the surgeon scheduled to remove my thyroid.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][112349].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 15, 2013

As posted at his Encinitas office, where I was a patient, I found Dr. Argoud to be rude, arrogant, and uncaring. When I was sent to him for hypothyroid management, he told me all I needed was Prozac. I later found, from a psychiatrist I was referred to, that my thyroid levels were dangerously out of range, causing the "mental" symptoms. Dr. Argoud should definitely retire, or take a Prozac suppository himself.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][112348].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2013

I do NOT recommend this doctor! Horrible bedside manner. I have waited over and hour and a half on to separate occasions from the time my appointment was scheduled. A nurse there droped a needle on the floor, picked it up and recapped it for the doctor to use (for a biopsy) right in front of me. When I told her to get a new needle, she rolled her eyes. The office staff called and told me that the biopsy came back, confirming thyroid cancer but then the told me they couldn't get me in for an appointment for 2 weeks! When I FINALLY meet with the doc again he was rude, short, empathetic,harsh, and made me feel like I wasn't worth his time. I also have had trouble with this office when it came to a referral for surgery. He would only refer me to "HIS" surgeon. When I asked to refer me to UCLA, he told me that I need to go to my primary care for the referral. This Dr. and his office staff are pathetic! He is burnt out and should retire ASAP! Do not see this doctor!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][112350].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 23, 2013

Dr.Argoud. He has a very harsh bedside manner. He doesn't listen..doesn't want to listen just diagnose and send you away. Yes he might be good in his field however how can he diagnose without listen? Staff is not courteous. It seems his bedside manner is also shown through his staff. Very sad for a doctor to stop caring for his patients. going to see a better Doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][112347].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 17, 2011

Dr. Argoud seems like a nice man but he runs a very inefficient office. Appointments are never less than two weeks from the time I place a phone call. Waiting time to see the Dr is at least 30 min in the waiting room, plus another 30 min in the patient care room. Dr. Argoud is very quick to prescribe meds without presenting non-medical alternatives. In my case, I was on a medication for a year with awful side effects, and never once did he mention that a simple diet change would solve my problem and keep me off the meds. He doesn't seem to listen, does not remember your medical history (or look it up before coming into the room), and is very quick to dismiss you after he's written a prescription. At my last appointment, he began prescribing things without asking me why I was visiting him. (I came to tell him I was pregnant and maybe my meds need adjusting!) I have now been waiting a week for a call about my blood test results so I know how to adjust my meds. This is unacceptable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][112346].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 12, 2010

This doctor not only DOESN'T take the time to fully listen, he is also very quick to write prescriptions without explaining things such as side effects and what other kinds of medications and over the counter products can't be used with it. His office staff is very rude and I have NEVER been seen at my correct appointment time. Every single time Ive ever had an appointment I have sat in the waiting room for anywhere between 20-45 minutes before even being seen by a medical assitant or nurse, and then usually waiting 10-30 minutes for the doctor after being put into a room. One time, I had been sitting in the waiting room and could see the doctor in his office sitting behind his desk (not sure what he was doing) while I was sitting in the waiting room alone, not even the office staff was around. I waited 45 minutes to be seen after asking 3 times what the hold up was. I would never recommend Dr. Argoud to anyone and I will never go back!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][112345].votes_count ]]