Rate Dr. Richard L. Julyan

Dr. Richard L. Julyan's Ratings

He refused to do my surgical procedure at my Hospital of choice which he is affiliated with, Rouge Valley Medical Center. At that time added to his reply "you can always get another doctor to do it". I was 7 months pregnant at the time. The cesarean section surgery had serious complications, in my opinion they were due to his neglect/malpractice. My daughter was birthed and was not breathing, however this may not be unusual during a cesarean section, this was not my first, had never happened during previous C-sections, even the first which was an emergency one, and again, in my opinion, was due to his incompetence. She, my daughter, within a year, was also hospitalized for respiratory infection. Immediately following the surgery, I asked him for some kind of explanation of what went wrong, any explanation. He didn't have one or any idea. When I requested, he once again said he didn't know, that it could have had something to do with my loss of blood pressure, however he really didn't know. I coughed up blood in the hospital, during my recovery, and was having trouble breathing. The nurses contacted him for evaluation and direction. No immediate action was taken, even considering the list that was given to me post op of serious warning signs/symptoms to take notice of. Both of those being listed. I held myself in the hospital an additional day, even though he was going to release me, because I still was not feeling well/right. At my first aftercare visit, I once again notified him of my respiratory symptoms and trouble breathing. He mis-diagnosed this as bronchitis and gave me antibiotics, an inhaler, and directed me to seek medical attention if I still had these symptoms after taking the antibiotics. I did still have symptoms, made an appointment a.s.a.p. with another doctor as directed, however by that time it was too late. I had a heart attack, pulmonary emboli, and now have congestive heart failure. I would detour anyone from ever seeing this so called MD ever. His neglect is serious, and can easily lead to mortality, in the least, permanent disease. Heart Disease/Congestive Heart Failure. It's NORMAL...huh DOC?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2485779].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2014

Dr. Julyan is polite he always offers a hand to shake and a smile that welcomes, he has excellent communication skills he really listens. He's gental and peaceful manners always puts me at ease. He has been my husbands, oldest daughters and my my doctor for approximately 4 years and has recently delivered our youngest daughter. I have traveled far to keep him as our family doctor and I am sad that due to our older daughters pre-teen status she wants a female Doctor and since our youngest will need more visits for shots, ect,,, I will be transfering them only' to the C,P la clinica. Which has a nice water park near it. However I will miss seeing him as often as I would've. But hopefully I can keep him up dated on the girls when he is not to busy . Thank you for becoming a Doctor keep up tje good work.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][269585].votes_count ]]