Rate Dr. David M. Frim

Dr. David M. Frim's Ratings

Dr. Frim is now treating my daughter for PSEUDO TUMOR CEREBRI. He is a wonderful and very compassionate doctor with a great bedside manner. He has done shunt revisions on my daughter two times so far. She was at another children's hospital who did her initial surgery and did not listen to us about her complaints before surgery , therefore i feel her initial surgery should have been done sooner. I thank God we found Dr. Frim. He is very down to earth with and takes the time to explain everything. He understands what it is to be a young adult suffering with this disease and his staff is awesome!!! I never have a problem getting in touch with him or his staff. This is a lifelong condition and we are so grateful to have Dr. Frim!! Wonderful man and Doctor!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2760196].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 28, 2015

Had epilepsy but, after a neurosurgery in 2006 haven't had any more seizures.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2712582].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2015

I would not trust my child to any other neurosurgeon. Dr. Frim and his entire team are amazing. We travel over a thousand miles to see him and he is worth it. Yes you may have to wait in clinic for your appointment, but that is because he takes his time with every patient. One of the best neurosurgeons in the country.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2611339].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 8, 2014

We travel from Michigan to see Dr. Frim. He is a man who restored my faith in doctors. I lost a baby in 1997 do to a lethal brain defect. In 1998 I gave birth to Emily. By ten months old we found out she had Syringomyelia and Tethered Cord Syndrome. The local doctors here told us they would not touch her until she had a loss of function. I started doing research and talked to a doctor in Boston, he referred me to Frim. I wanted someone who had studied at Harvard. It was the best decision I have ever made. Emily was in Chicago within two days to see him. In 2001, she had her untethering surgery. She was months away from losing function and possible issues with being able to even walk. Emily is now 16, and even though she is presenting with further issues, she would not be where she is today without him. Every email is answered within hours of sending it to him. There is nothing I would change. I trust so few doctors. Frim is there for Emily and for me. I will always thank God for him!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2484996].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

Ok, so he may not be on time, and maybe you'll have to wait.... However, he is "THE BEST". I thank God for Dr. Frim every time I look at my son. He has had 3 other neuro's and they all misdiagnosed him, they gave me the keep him comfortable die speech, but not Frim! He saved my boy, and made liars out of them... The man is truly a blessing to my family and me!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2002624].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 19, 2012

extremely knowledgable, compationable. and very, very helpful. i've been a patient for 11yrs. now and would not see any other neurosurgen.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2002623].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 19, 2011

Dr. Frim saved out son. We were having shunt revision after shunt revision. Another major children's hospital down the road could not help my child and offered us no real support or solution. Dr. Frim did what this major hospital could not or would not do. Dr. Frim may take a long time to get in to see or may not return phone calls promptly, but I am fine with that, since he is busy saving as many people as he can! Would never go to another.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2002622].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2011

I was Dr. Frim for tethered cord surgery. It's been 8 months after and he still answers any questions I have. Amazing doctor! The wait can be long so bring a book. He did explain that he can't say my pain will go away, but that we are preventing future problems.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2002621].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 27, 2011

It took us over a year to get an appointment with Dr Frim . My son suffers from Chiari as well as Intracranial hypertension . We had great hopes and my son had surgery for the Chiari 18 months ago. I agree with the person above about Dr Frim seems to lose interest. Many times we have called his office asking what can we do next, because the surgery did not help my son at all, and calls go unreturned. Our hope has turned into a disappointment as our son now 16 lives the constant pain associated with the illness . It would be nice if his office would return our calls and at least tell us there isn't anything they can do. Don't get me wrong Dr Frim is a great guy with a wonderful "bedside manner". But I do feel they just give on some patients by handing them off to another Dr at UOC

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2002620].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 12, 2011

He is off the chain with God's help!!!!!!and we want to THANK HIM !!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2002619].votes_count ]]