Dr. Jorge A. Lazareff

Foreign Lang: Armenian

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.2 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 10 reviews. Dr. Jorge A. Lazareff has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Neurosurgeon-related: nervous system, cervical and lumbar spine problems, brain tumors, neurovascular problems, peripheral nerve problems, neurological surgery, brain and spinal cord tumors, skull-base surgery, brachytherapy, aneurysm surgery, epilepsy surgery, neurological surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5519259
05/06/14 5 5 5 5 Saved my sons life. Friendly and efficient. Doesn't spend too much time on patient relations because he's busy saving other people's life's. If you have a brain tumor and need a doctor with proven results, this is your guy.
Insurance: Tricare
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Jorge" to "Jorge A."
RID: 2718887
25/07/13 2 3 2 1 Last year I had a VP shunt revision and Dr. Lazareff and his team put it in "wrong"...I had to have it revised the next morning...then within a month we realized that "brand" of shunt that was different from my original one didn't work well for me...so I ended up having 3 shunt revisions within four months...less than 6 months later I had spine surgery and I went from walking very well and being very active with the use of AFO's to being paralyzed from the waist down...I originally thought Dr. Lazareff was the best doctor ever. He had great reviews and a great history, but given my personal experience, I will never go to him again. He A.) did not tell me that this paralysis could happen B.) did not tell me what he and his team did wrong during surgery or what my body did and C.) flat out told me he couldn't help me anymore AFTER he left me wheelchair dependent...
RID: 1710982
10/02/12 5 5 5 5 Dr Lazareff is a fantastic neurosurgeon. I feel blessed to have met him. My daughter 12 had decompression surgery for Chiari Malformation and dr Lazareff treated her amazingly. I would recommend him to anyone.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1689105
17/01/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Lazareff saved my son. Meduloblastoma at 3 yrs old. He's now 5 and perfect. Staff at UCLA also amazing. Only complaint is the social worker who met w/us once and never heard/saw from her again.
Insurance: Tricare
Respond

22/05/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1348635
27/01/11 5 5 5 5 He was a wonderful doctor that saved my daughters' life. He was always willing to take time with us and explain everything that was going on.
RID: 1151655
17/04/10 4 3 5 5 Dr. Lazareff is one of the most qualified ns I have found as well as being an exceptionally compassionate man/surgeon. He has care for both of my twins for a congenital defect that many others had written off as hopeless. Although he is incredibly busy, he is well worth the wait and cares for his patients as if they were his own.
RID: 986513
14/09/09 1 1 1 1 felt he performed way too many surgeries and no results piss poor patient relations
RID: 838163
22/03/09 5 3 5 5 Dr Lazareff operated on my son at 6 months of age for craniosynostis. The results are great and my son is now a normal 5 year old. We only saw him once before surgery and the wait was long but nevertheless we are happy with the outcome and have not needed any follow ups.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 510412
10/02/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Lazareff returned calls himself when checking on a patient. His staff was on top of everything!
Paid (or co-pay): $1400
RID: 40592
13/08/06 4 4 5 My son was operated by the dr and received a shunt. He left a huge Scar other dr's have told me they could have done a better job and were suprised that a dr. so famous in the Neurosurgery Field would leave such a big Scar. My sons shunt is still working though.  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user