Rate Dr. Steven A. Koos

Dr. Steven A. Koos's Ratings

After years of procrastinating, I finally made the executive decision to remove my wisdom teeth. I was quite nervous to say the least from the numerous horror stories I've heard, so finding the perfect doctor was mandatory. A colleague raved about her experience with Dr. Koos so I promptly made my appointment.

She was absolutely right! The experience and service I received at ORA was the best I ever had. After speaking to Dr. Koos about my concerns, he completely put my mind at ease about the surgery and reassured me I was in good hands. The day of surgery I experienced a bit of discomfort which is expected but the following day you wouldn't believe I had them removed! He did such an outstanding job I had little to no swelling and was up and about the next day. I really appreciated his daily calls post surgery to make sure of my speedy recovery.

I wouldn't say traveling from DC to Chicago for surgery is necessarily convenient, but for the quality of service and treatment I received I wouldn't have done anything different. It was an absolute pleasure being a patient of Dr. Koos and I highly recommend him to anyone with oral surgery needs.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2578067].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2014

Dr. Koos is an amazing oral surgeon! I was incredibly nervous, but he and his staff did everything that they could to make me comfortable. Everything about the practice is set-up for the convenience of the patient - parking, a quiet (and environment-friendly office), and second-to-none equipment. I hope that I don't require any additional oral surgery, but if I do, no one else but Dr. Koos will suffice! (P.S. They even let you select your own music during the procedure)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2272907].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2014

i had been in pain for a few months due to impacted wisdom teeth, and now i am pain free thanks to dr. koos. when entering the office i was releived to find a great staff and a freindly oral surgeon with a great backgound. i was made comfortable in every way possible and i am definatly afraid of a regular dentist. tvs in the rooms, music through out the office, freindly people every where, plants, and calming smells through out the halls, where else are you going to find a place like this for every dental need? not to mention a personal phone call for a follow up the same night to make sure i was ok. all i can say is thanks to dr. koos for releiving me of my pain 10 out 10!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][271199].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 23, 2013

My visit to ORA was the best experience that I've ever had at a dental office. The staff there was very comforting and nice. Dr. Koos was amazing he explained everything to me in detail. On the day of surgery everything went perfectly. What really tugged at my heart was that Dr.Koos called me that night after surgery to check on me. I do not know any doctor that has ever did that. Well it's 1month Post surgery and every thing is healing great. I will recommend and have recommended ORA to family and friends. ORA is top notch in my book.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][271198].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 28, 2013

I have been delaying to take out my wisdom teeth until one day the pain became unbearable. My sister who has always spoken highly of Dr. Koos recommended that I go see him since Dr. Koos pulled out her wisdom teeth few years ago. She had a very good experience so I decided to schedule an appointment. After seeing him, I decided to pull out only two wisdom teeth on my left side and not all four because I had to go to work the next day. Not only was the surgery quick and painless, but also I was able to go to work the next day without any problems. Dr. Koos is a very pleasant doctor and he answers all the questions thoroughly. His team is very professional and I truly appreciate them scheduling me to be seen on a very short notice. Thank you for a wonderful service and great experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][271197].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2013

Dr. Koos removed all four of my impacted wisdom teeth and I couldn't have asked for a more pleasant experience. I felt at ease the entire time and Dr. Koos explained everything thoroughly so I really knew exactly what was going to happen and what sort of post op symptoms I might have. I've told many of my friends and family about Dr. Koos and would recommend him to anyone looking for a comfortable oral surgery experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][271196].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 24, 2013

My general dentist in downtown Chicago recommended that I have my wisdom teeth extracted since they were in some bad positioning and referred me to an oral surgeon that he said takes him to Bulls games alot...hmmm - I sensed "kickbacks" here! So I searched on my own and found Dr. Steven Koos at ORA Oral Surgery Studio based on his credentials and pretty awesome reviews around the web. I am so glad that I didn't go to the other guy because Dr. Koos was very cool and calming, as I was pretty nervous to have any surgery in my mouth. The office is relaxing and like a lounge or spa, totally like no other that I have seen or visited either. On the day of my surgery I was in and out in about 50 minutes, was asleep the whole time and even fell asleep listening to Death Cab For Cutie my all time favorite Indie Rock group. I have already sent a few of my classmates to see him and would recommend Dr. Koos to anyone that needs oral surgery in their mouth, he is the best! Thanks Dr. Koos!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][271195].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 8, 2012

I am not in the habit of taking the time to write reviews, but my experience with Dr. Koos and his staff at ORA Oral Surgery & Implant Studio was nothing short of awesome so I felt compelled to say something so that others could be tuned in to a great oral surgeon in Chicago. I just had 5 wisdom teeth out (yes 5 because I had an extra one) and I couldn't be more pleased. The process was smooth from beginning to end and I was snoozing through the whole thing. I was referred to some other guy by my dentist and after checking out my options online I am so glad that I came directly to Dr. Koos. Thank you for the great work.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][271194].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 1, 2012

I too would like to share my oral surgery experience in Chicago with Dr. Koos. I traveled from Ohio for treatment because of all of the great things that I was hearing and reading online. As I was reading other reviews I noticed someone else actually came from Cleveland, so that solidified my decision. I had a few dental implants placed and needed bone grafting within my sinus cavity to create enough attachment for 2 implants. I couldn't be happier with his sincere disposition and gentle, expert surgical touch. The recovery wasn't without some pretty decent soreness, but when you need your sinus lifted I don't think that you could expect anything less. I have been back to Chicago to ORA Oral Surgery & Implant Studio now about 4 times and had my final crowns put on this last week and I can finally chew again on my left side! I know he sees a lot of patients, but he always made me feel special and really listened, something I don’t encounter much in healthcare these days.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][271193].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 29, 2012

I went to see Dr. Koos to get all four of my wisdom teeth extracted. I couldn't have asked for a better doctor! He is very gentle and showed that he truly cared about my well being. I was informed of everything I may experience after the surgery and was prepared because of the clear instructions from Dr. Koos. I will be recommending him to any and all of my friends and family for any oral surgery they may need.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][271192].votes_count ]]