Rate Dr. Cathy C. Luo

Dr. Cathy C. Luo's Ratings

I went to Dr. Lou with no issues for about a year but after refusing spine injections, attempts to violate me began. First. Drug TEst showing no opiates in system was a joke and call to testing center was informed doctors are able set parameters to what they choose, (so 160 mg. opiates a day and none on drug test?? Violate 1. Six months later another drug test which I was asked if I was taking Hydrocodone??? First, Hydro has Apap, I could not take, 2. NO drug test I know distinguishes between oxycodone and hydro. (sounds like set up sTrike 2) and decided to get out before my Medical records reflected the fake violations. The staff also had clear attitude change during this time and its clear if you wont' let them do useless injections at $1500 each as most pain doctors still out there, then You are not welcome and regardless of your non violation of treatment agreement, YOU CAN BE ACCUSED OF FAILING DRUG TESTS as test lab made VERy cleAr WAS BEING DONE WITH ME.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][728260].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 5, 2014

Dr. Luo is a wonderful Doctor and her staff are very friendly and helpful! There is a zero tolerance for narcotic drugs outside what she prescribes. Waiting time is less than 10-15 minutes from your appointment time. Dr. Luo, and her staff listen to what I have to say and don't just talk over my head or ignore me. I feel that, I have found someone who will help me figure out what is wrong with me and help try to make the pain and problems go away and not just give me pain medication every time I see her. I would strongly recommend her to anyone! And just because they ask you if you are willing to have an injection does not mean that they will give you one. If you do get an injection and it does not work, that she is willing to help figure out why it is not working and what the first step is in correcting your problem. I think they only ask about the injections, is to see if you are just looking to get some narcotics from her. As a new patient you have to start some where.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][728259].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2013

When I called for my first appointment the first thing I was asked was if I would agree to do injections. Said no I had did that for 5 years and they were not beneficial and that I was seeing her to get a spinal cord stimulator. Explained that I had been a patient at a pain center in Atlanta Ga since my back surg and they had recommended the stimulator but I moved. They scheduled my appt. The day before my appointment they called to confirm my appt and again asked if I would do injections. Told her I was coming to discuss stimulator..She said Dr. Luo doesn't do just pain medicine. Told her I wasn't coming for pain medication. That I would like to have initial visit with the Dr. to see what she could offer or to see if she even felt she could help me and do the spinal cord stimulator..She said they would have to cancel my appt and did..I have never had a Dr. that I have never seen for inital consult refuse to see me because I would not agree over the phone to do a certain procedure.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][728258].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2013

Dr. Luo and her staff are definitely the most compassionate group working to help relieve chronic pain. it's extremely difficult to find this caliber of care. Most physicians would think you are just a drug addict seeking narcotics. Dr. Luo has a ZERO TOLERANCE policy for abuse of medication. Frequent testing is done to insure you are adhering to the contract. I would recommend Dr. Luo to anyone who is suffering chronic pain.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][728257].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2012

In over 10 years of chronic pain, this was first time I found a Doctor who seemed determined to help me become comfortable, and cared to improve my way of life. Didn't treat me like I was merely some addict trying to get narcotics, but was willing to help do even more then I was expecting, or hoping for. Made it very clear they have Zero Tolerance for those who abuse medications, which I feel makes it much better for those who suffer from chronic pain, as I do. Did not try to immediately talk me into injections and/or surgery, but gave me options I had never been presented previously. For the first time in many, many years I was able to awake pain free. Not everyday is like that, but just knowing it is possible, and having pain free mornings has become regular, coming here has been monumental to improving my life. I can actually think about having a life again, instead of just thinking about the pain that never stops. It can be stopped here, as they have proved.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][728256].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 12, 2012

I was referred here,and they were excepting new patients, but when they found out that I didn't really want or need the injections except when I felt they might be necessary, I got was quickly refused (not ever seeing or speaking with this Dr.) and was told they were only accepting new INJECTION patients as does DR.ENNIS across the street).. There is big money in those injections but they are all that some patients need...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][728255].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2012

The best pain medicine/pain mgmt physicians that I have found in over 10 years.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][728254].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 26, 2011

EXCELLENT SERVICE, LOST MY GOOD STANDING AS A PATIENT AS A RESULT OF THE PHYSICAN WHOM REFERRED ME CONTINUING TO GIVE ME RX'S CONTAINING NARCOTICS, THEY ARE VERY STRICT ABOUT THEIR NARCOTIC CONTRACT, NO MATTER IF YOUR PCP THINKS YOUR A PHARMACIST OR NOT.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][728253].votes_count ]]