Rate Dr. Thirumala Raju

Dr. Thirumala Raju's Ratings

I've been going to Dr. Raju for 2 years now. She spends time listening to me and asks a lot of questions. He staff is always very friendly and helpful

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2547774].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2503207].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 18, 2014

I went in for a sore throat, I already felt terrible but Dr. Raju made me feel worse by the time I left her office. I don't feel like she listened to me and instead asked me if I had other problems which some of them were true, but not all of them (and not related to treating the sore throat). Including asking if I had headaches often, which I don't and she replied, "They will come." Thanks...
So I ended up with an antibiotic for the sore throat that she said was strep (but no swab nor test was done) and Prilosec OTC for the heartburn she said that was affecting the sore throat, even though I told her that I don't have heartburn. It's been a week since I've been off the antibiotic and the sore throat is back. I'm not sick often so this is a red flag to me. I'm only leaving this comment during my search for another doctor and I wanted to give a heads up to anyone looking for a new doctor. She may be right for others but not me, that's for sure.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2488592].votes_count ]]

Submitted Aug. 8, 2014

Tried to make an appointment as a new patient. Dr. Raju's staff referred me to urgent care to treat an existing condition, and then asked me to call back later to schedule a regular checkup. I started looking into Urgent Care centers when it occurred to me that maybe not not all doctors would turn away patients. So instead I called the second doctor on my list whose staff booked me in right away. I don't know yet what treatment will entail but I can't imagine much more than a simple in-patient procedure would be necessary to deal with an infection due to an embedded splinter. It seems ridiculous that Dr. Raju would kick a potential customer to Urgent Care for something so simple.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2475980].votes_count ]]

Submitted July 28, 2014

I saw Dr Raju after being with my previous doctor for 25 years and was nervous but i was pleasantly surprised. I didnt have to wait long she was thorough and personable. She made me laugh! I was on a bunch of medications which were causing issues that i was not aware of, and i have to say, she got me off half of them. My daughter who accompanied me to the appointment has also switched to her.Her next patient failed to show up so she spent more time which i really appreciated. Very compassionate and learned.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2274287].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2014

Contrary to another patient, I do not find Dr. Raju hurried or anxious to move on; my experience with her tells me otherwise. She asks the right questions. She tells you if the medication you are on is appropriate or not, and is not reluctant to recommend an alternative. She listens. I had a literal litany of things crop up since my last visit: she asked the appropriate questions, listened, evaluated and made recommendations for necessary testing (multi-possibilities), and prescribed medication as necessary, and also didn't request unnecessary testing or medications. Dr. Raju displays the right amount of caring professionalism - empathy, understanding and wanting to help one recover. I am 63, male, and have been to my share of doctors. I am very comfortable with Dr. Raju and highly recommend her to anyone. This is not surgery or a social call; I applaud her maturity and willingness to sit down and discuss matters before making any decisions. Highly regarded; highly recommended.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][113488].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 10, 2014

Dr. Raju is very nice but very much in a hurry and not very willing to talk with you for more than about 10 minutes. The staff here is also always rushed and not very customer-service oriented. Overall, the office feels like a very stressful place to be a patient or employee.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][113487].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 13, 2013

helpful, knowledgeable, pleasing, very thorough and on the whole, felt comfortable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][113486].votes_count ]]