Rate Dr. ORAL ALPAN

Dr. ORAL ALPAN's Ratings

I just tried to make an appt with Dr. Alpan. The person on the phone said they couldn't take an appt because "the office mgr hadn't given her the schedule for July, today is June 10th 2014. She suggested that I pick a day and time and she would get back to me to see if that time is available. They couldn't take an appointment for a new patient because the "supervisor" hadn't given them the schedule? I have never heard of this. I wonder how the doctor would like knowing that his staff is turning away business.

Submitted June 10, 2014 | flag

Dr. Alpan was recommended to us by one of our son's doctors and we are so grateful because we had a terrible experience with another allergist. Dr. Alpan is up to date on research and he thinks outside the box. He is also very well trained. I believe I was told was trained at or worked at NIH. He didn't gasp and look at with horror when we told him our son benefits from the gluten free dairy free diet. I was positive our son had environmental allergies even though an initial test didn't support that. He then chose to do interdermal testing and low and behold our son has significant environmental allergies and he benefitted tremendously from Zyrtec. He also has oral allergy syndrome which explains why he gets a rash from mellon. Our last allergist missed all of this. The office is nothing fancy, which is fine with me, because I care more about quality of care. You may have to wait, but it is worth the wait. Yes, he can be rushed, but that does not affect quality of care.

Submitted Oct. 2, 2013 | flag

He was good and patient when we first saw him 1.5 years ago before he had his own practice in Fairfax. But now he seems to be very busy and delegated most of his appointments to his Nurse Practitioner. If we insisted to see him, it would be a long wait and his explanation was just short and didn't recommend other alternatives. If we asked more questions or tests, he seemed to very impatient and said he would come back again, which means another hour of wait.

Submitted July 2, 2013 | flag