Dr. MARGARET M. BLACKWOOD

Grad. Year: 1988

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.4 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 6 reviews. Dr. MARGARET M. BLACKWOOD has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Surgeon (general)-related: microsurgery, general surgery, trauma surgery, transplant surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5422619
24/04/14 3 1 1 2 Did not like her...kept me waiting an hour. Brought a trainee in with her--did not ask if that is OK. She does not want you to disagree with her -- just go through all the very expensive testing even if it does not seem necessary. She comes off as arrogant. Would not go back.  Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "MARGARET" to "MARGARET M."
RID: 2833555
03/09/13 5 4 5 5 Dr. Blackwood is FANTASTIC!!!! She is one of the most caring and compassionate Doctors I have ever met. She takes her time with you and answers all of your questions. I wish more doctors would treat their patients like she does!!! She also recommended another fantastic radiation oncologist for me to go to. I am so glad I had Dr. Blackwood as my surgeon when I went through my cancer surgery!!! She is the BEST!!!!!
RID: 2558434
13/02/13 5 4 5 5 I went to Dr. Blackwood and found her to be helpful and knowledgeable. Her staff is excellent and they all take the time to answer your questions.
RID: 1673779
01/01/12 5 4 5 5 Lifesaver in Livingston. Dr B has a wonderful team to cover everything you'll need to fight breast cancer. She is very caring, has a great sense of humor, someone you can trust! Great referrals to plastic surgeon (Dr S), counseling, undergarments (Shop).
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1464280
14/06/11 5 4 5 5 Love her. Great doctor, nice person. Cares about people. Straight shooter. I'm glad I went through breast cancer with her. And she takes insurance unlike a lot of other breast surgeons!
RID: 1334180
12/01/11 5 4 5 5 compassionate, caring, knowledgeable. She helped me get through my breast cancer care with no pain, and all the info I needed to make the right choice. Excellent doctor
Insurance: Aetna